Brazil

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hii!~

My friends list is full and id like to clear it without having to do a system format and stuff, is there any homebrew or applet which allows you to delete the FC data? So its essentially empty? Thanks!
You do realise you can remove friend cards in the friends list settings right?

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hii!~

My friends list is full and id like to clear it without having to do a system format and stuff, is there any homebrew or applet which allows you to delete the FC data? So its essentially empty? Thanks!
Unfortunately I don't think there is. You could look into Decrypt9WIP's friendlist dumping feature. Though I bet you would need a clean empty dump to inject in the first place.

Not my business but why you removing friends?
100 is the limit on any 3DS. I know it sucks. I've reached that so many times, with the amount of people I do trades with. That's why I just hand out one FC for my real life friends, and one FC for online friends, and keep them organized like that.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't think there is. You could look into Decrypt9WIP's friendlist dumping feature. Though I bet you would need a clean empty dump to inject in the first place.

100 is the limit on any 3DS. I know it sucks. I've reached that so many times, with the amount of people I do trades with. That's why I just hand out one FC for my real life friends, and one FC for online friends, and keep them organized like that.
Wouldn't that mean you use two nintendo 3ds systems sinc only one code is used on each system?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that mean you use two nintendo 3ds systems sinc only one code is used on each system?
I haven't always had more than one system. So yeah, I've reached that limit frequently when I had only one system. I don't anymore, especially since I have four now~ :P But we're getting pretty off-topic here, as this has nothing to do with helping someone who asked their original question
On a forum where I do frequent trades and things (Pokemon related) and it gets full quickly, sadly. - If I dumped a blank friends list from my n3DS and injected it into my O3DS, not bound to brick, is it?
You'll have to look into using LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and friendsave.bin together.
The readme isn't too clear on how it works, but it does mention it. As always, make a NAND backup (Though at this point you might be losing time, instead of ganining time.)
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/blob/master/README.md

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think people have tried that unless they thought exactly what you did and hope it didn't break. Also i never had a problem of full friend list (i don't really have friends or anyone i know to play with, which would require friends.) Also if you remember to delete the friend codes when your done, it would be simple and easier, just like @Baccabechoppin Said before. Better to be safe than risky.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I haven't always had more than one system. So yeah, I've reached that limit frequently when I had only one system. I don't anymore, especially since I have four now~ :P But we're getting pretty off-topic here, as this has nothing to do with helping someone who asked their original question

You'll have to look into using LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and friendsave.bin together.
The readme isn't too clear on how it works, but it does mention it. As always, make a NAND backup (Though at this point you might be losing time, instead of ganining time.)
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/blob/master/README.md

Thank you c:

I don't think people have tried that unless they thought exactly what you did and hope it didn't break. Also i never had a problem of full friend list (i don't really have friends or anyone i know to play with, which would require friends.) Also if you remember to delete the friend codes when your done, it would be simple and easier, just like @Baccabechoppin Said before. Better to be safe than risky.

I like to take risks, its all good :)

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is screen init? is it important?
Screen-init is that short flash of screens you get right before booting up. You'll only really see it if you just run Luma3DS on it's own, doubt it's noticeable on configs that use BootAnim9.

No-Screen-Init doesn't do that, and looks more stock-like, closer to vanilla.

It's better to have screen-init, especially if the payload in question does not support no-screen-init. BootManagers like BootCTR9, are able to initialize the screen, so it'll work on a no-screen-init A9LH fork, while using payloads that need screen-init but don't provide it out of the box.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Screen-init is that short flash of screens you get right before booting up. You'll only really see it if you just run Luma3DS on it's own, doubt it's noticeable on configs that use BootAnim9.

No-Screen-Init doesn't do that, and looks more stock-like, closer to vanilla.

It's better to have screen-init, especially if the payload in question does not support no-screen-init. BootManagers like BootCTR9, are able to initialize the screen, so it'll work on a no-screen-init A9LH fork, while using payloads that need screen-init but don't provide it out of the box.
can i use BootAnim9 on emunand a9lh?

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am almost done but I am confused about something near one of the last steps here:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

The section "Section VI - Finalizing setup" in step 7 mentions to "Update your CFW to the latest version using system settings" ... I don't understand, wouldn't this update me to stock 11 and thus undo several hours of work I just put into this? I mean, at this point I no longer have an emulated NAND and am running basically a hacked firmware straight off the SysNAND, right? Wouldn't running an official update on that reset it to stock? And also, if I did accidentally somehow install a stock firmware to it, would it also get rid of arm9loaderhax, or is that pretty much permanent now unless I remove it myself?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am almost done but I am confused about something near one of the last steps here:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

The section "Section VI - Finalizing setup" in step 7 mentions to "Update your CFW to the latest version using system settings" ... I don't understand, wouldn't this update me to stock 11 and thus undo several hours of work I just put into this? I mean, at this point I no longer have an emulated NAND and am running basically a hacked firmware straight off the SysNAND, right? Wouldn't running an official update on that reset it to stock? And also, if I did accidentally somehow install a stock firmware to it, would it also get rid of arm9loaderhax, or is that pretty much permanent now unless I remove it myself?
No. Luma3DS has FIRM protect on by default, so it'll always keep FIRM0/FIRM1 from being updated by Nintendo. So you can update just fine. I've gone from 10.7 to 11.0 just fine, and that was when 11.0 was the new thing. If running Luma3DS it's impossible for you to install stock firmware. You have to go out of your way to remove it yourself, by using Decryp9 to flash back a clean sysNAND backup that doesn't have A9LH.

This is why we setup Hourglass9, as that always keeps A9LH, so you never have to worry about losing it if you don't remember if a NAND backup has A9LH. Or if you simply forget to use the (keep a9lh) option in Decrypt9. Before Hourglass9 was a thing, I would see a couple posts of people flashing a NAND without A9LH without using the keep a9lh option, and then complaining that they spent hours for nothing, when it was clearly their fault for not choosing the correct option in Decrypt9.

Reactions: Cyber Akuma

liric1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi so I need some help with Decrypt9.
When I try to install a game over 1.1gb the CIA doesn't get recognized and the decryption fails.
I am using the deep Decrypt if that matters.
when i click deep Decrypt I get this.

opening /D9game ...
nothing found in /D9game/!
CIA Decryptor (deep): failed

press b to return, start to reboot.

please help asap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +2
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Clip units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, That's how they get bigger loans at the bank.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda...