• Likes 43

htwyford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
I'm following Plailects guide, and I'm right at the end. Part 5, Section V - Removing RedNAND from your SD.

So I've copied RedNAND to SysNAND, and my system boots. I can open FBI from the Health and Safety app, and it appears I can load .cias (I've installed hb_loader.cia, and can access the Homebrew Launcher just fine).
The problem is that none of the hold-button-on-boot commands work. This includes holding Y to open EmuNAND9 as per the guide, and holding down to open MenuHax. I've also tried opening EmuNAND9 right from the Homebrew Launcher, and it hangs for a second then sends me back to the HB launcher.

Any advice? If I can launch .cias, is doing Section V - Removing RedNAND from SD even necessary?

I've followed every step in the guide, and everything was going smoothly until I had to hold Y to boot EmuNAND9.

System Settings says my version is 10.7 – it does not say Emu 10.7, if that matters.

Edit: additional question: now that RedNAND is copied to SysNAND, are updates safe?

Last edited by htwyford,

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I need your help again, so I have a N3DS 9.2 right now with 4GB SD Card and a Gateway (since Day1)
Is it possible to install a CFW on 4GB SD card? After a sysNAND CFW updated can I use my gateway on the lateset FW?
Is it possible to switch SD card later to a bigger one? If yes will I lose data? Do I have to reinstall the CFW or something like that?

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I need your help again, so I have a N3DS 9.2 right now with 4GB SD Card and a Gateway (since Day1)
Is it possible to install a CFW on 4GB SD card? After a sysNAND CFW updated can I use my gateway on the lateset FW?
Is it possible to switch SD card later to a bigger one? If yes will I lose data? Do I have to reinstall the CFW or something like that?
I have heard stories of people getting to a9lh with just 4GB so your good. Unfortunately, Gateway hasn't implemented a9lh yet so you won't be able to use updated sysnand with GW but SOON ;).

Also you can dump everything on the 4GB SD and put it on the new SD card with no problems unless you want to have emunand.

100th post.:hrth:

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, new to the scene.
I have a N3DS xl with the latest 10.7.032e FW and recently ordered a sky3ds+.

This question is regarding private headers.

My plan is:

- Downgrading to 9.2 using this guide https://www.reboot.ms/forum/threads/downgrade-3ds-10-7-10-6-to-9-2.2008/
- if all goes well, use the gateway method found https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...noob-private-header-questions-answered.388906 here to extract the header from my Lego batman 3ds cart
- then update back to 10.7

Wanted to confirm if this sounds plausible. Thanks!
Yes that will work. While you are on 9.2 your best bet would be to create an emunand. That will leave the system on 9.2 while giving you a 10.7 nand. You can use a sky3ds+ with cfw so you can still use it instead of CIA files if you want. You don't need arm9loaderhax to have an emunand or cfw, so you can skip that if you want.
Hi everyone,
I'm following Plailects guide, and I'm right at the end. Part 5, Section V - Removing RedNAND from your SD.

So I've copied RedNAND to SysNAND, and my system boots. I can open FBI from the Health and Safety app, and it appears I can load .cias (I've installed hb_loader.cia, and can access the Homebrew Launcher just fine).
The problem is that none of the hold-button-on-boot commands work. This includes holding Y to open EmuNAND9 as per the guide, and holding down to open MenuHax. I've also tried opening EmuNAND9 right from the Homebrew Launcher, and it hangs for a second then sends me back to the HB launcher.

Any advice? If I can launch .cias, is doing Section V - Removing RedNAND from SD even necessary?

I've followed every step in the guide, and everything was going smoothly until I had to hold Y to boot EmuNAND9.

System Settings says my version is 10.7 – it does not say Emu 10.7, if that matters.

Edit: additional question: now that RedNAND is copied to SysNAND, are updates safe?
What is your payload named?

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
i have arm9 on my new3dsll system, i installed many cia (USA,EUR)...but none of these can online......did i have a chance to play online without region change ?

htwyford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well first wtf is an arm9loadhax.bin file doing in there? Second you don't have an emunand9 file so how can emunand9 work if you don't have it

Gotcha. I went back and noticed I missed a step in the guide. Do you have a recommendation on how to fix it? If I fix the bin files, can I re-restore the NAND with Decrypt9? Thanks so much for your help!

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. I went back and noticed I missed a step in the guide. Do you have a recommendation on how to fix it? If I fix the bin files, can I re-restore the NAND with Decrypt9? Thanks so much for your help!
Just put the file in the folder and have it named right. Yes you can use decrypt9 to restore the nand.

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to make sue is normal that my N3DS 9.2 EUR sysNAND backup is 1.84 GB (1,979,711,488 bytes) and my ND3S emuNAND is 1.21 GB (1,300,234,240 bytes)?
I followed this and from results it would mean that I have 2 different brand of NAND (?)

Last edited by Ramzh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021