Not open for further replies.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
Has anyone tried to open this in a Hex editor yet? Just to make sure it's a bunch 00s as FireEmblemGuy said.

This is turning into a huge discussion :facepalm: .

And, the the topic creator (I made the engrish joke.), I am not racist, and english is not my native language either. So get over this joke. Sigh.
There's what seems to be some padding at the beginning, some actual data of some sort, and the rest after around maybe 128MB or so is just 00s.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xctbk said:
-snippd-
is 3DS system NAND rip from version Japanese... unarchive to 2 giga bytes... seems be encrypt
yaynds.gif
now we make for it CFW soon???
smile.gif
dumping a NAND means nothing, really. the ability to write a modified NAND is whats important, and the 3DS won't let you do this.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
FireEmblemGuy said:
Ssx9 said:
Has anyone tried to open this in a Hex editor yet? Just to make sure it's a bunch 00s as FireEmblemGuy said.

And, the the topic creator (I made the engrish joke.), I am not racist, and english is not my native language either. So get over this joke. Sigh.
There's what seems to be some padding at the beginning, some actual data of some sort, and the rest after around maybe 128MB or so is just 00s.
I reckon this is just the way it was dumped. It's a raw dump anyway. This is basically like packing an entire computer partition into a file, taking up the entirety of space even though its not in use in the actual partition.

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Inside the .rar file theres a 2.15GB file called 3ds_nand.bin. Im not a hacker or anything but I opened the file in a hex editor and it's not just full of 0's.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Keva we were talking about like: 128mb is the really nand ( the information itself) the rest is just a bunch of 0's to fill in xD

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FireEmblemGuy said:
Ssx9 said:

Well, seems like we have reached a conclusion. And since the TC created another Acc just to link the file more than one time and spammed, I'm pretty sure he has violated a couple of serious rules.

Idk, I'm no mod. But this thread should be closed.

EDIT: Meh, nevermind. looks like there's info after all.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just for all the people crying fake. AGAIN:
This might very well be real. It's not that hard to dump the Nand using hardware, as long as you have uber soldering skills. However a Nand dump helps exactly nothing with hacking the system, since it is encrypted with an AES key that is unique to the console it came from.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Just for all the people crying fake. AGAIN:
This might very well be real. It's not that hard to dump the Nand using hardware as long as you have uber soldering skills. However a Nand dump helps exactly nothing with hacking, since it is encrypted with an AES key that is unique to the console it came from.
If this was decrypted there'd be more info (anybody capable of dumping a NAND would easily be able to grab some internal contents as proof, child's play even), and it's not encrypted because (at stated multiple times) all the padding is intact.

I vote on "fake" and a thread lock, for the time being.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Schlupi said:
A majority of the file is all 00s, and it's in some bizarre format viewing in Hex. Looks like bullshit to me.
It's not just zeroes, there's more than 100 MB of data around in the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work