Hacking 3DS mode SNES emulator

jbeith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear that the DS mode on the 3DS isn't beefy enough to run SNES emulators, and also I don't want to go into DS mode to play SNES (Loading the Gateway blue card is annoying as I only have 1 microSD card.) Does anyone know of any SNES/NES/Sega emulators that will run as a 3DS game?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, none yet.
Wait until there's a proper homebrew framework and homebrew gets released (first thing would be a launcher that loads stuff from the 3DSses SD card)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
There is a Japanese retro compilation cart game (playable if you have GW) that emulates SNES games (3 dragonball games).
"Bandai Namco Games Presents J Legend Retsuden" Its pretty sweet!

So we can now put the rest the notion that the 3ds can't emulate SNES. : )

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
There is a Japanese retro compilation cart game (playable if you have GW) that emulates SNES games (3 dragonball games).
"Bandai Namco Games Presents J Legend Retsuden" Its pretty sweet!

So we can now put the rest the notion that the 3ds can't emulate SNES. : )
Cool compilation and its already dumped. If this come to west definytly buy it but now dont think so but wish fingers crossed:lol:

Edit and its so small game with emulator why nintendo bring snes to 3ds also wanna cross buy to my wii and wiiu snes games to 3ds.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
It's sad when people can't be trusted to use descriptive topic titles. "3DS mode SNES emulator" is really misleading and just turns out to be the same repeated question we've seen before. Are we really too lazy to properly summarize our threads in the title? Is it so hard to write "Is 3DS mode capable of running a SNES emulator?", it's only 4 extra words and is much more revealing about what we're going to read in the thread.

Just saying.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point not unless you do it yourself. I never had issues with my ds two snes emulation. What exactly is bad about it?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Would've thought it'd be easier for someone to figure out VC ROM injection than to put together a whole new emulator.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smealum already got injection working (at least for GBC) last year. This is old news.

Nothing smea does counts, he's not into sharing. I swear it's like he helped engineer the ARM11 though.

Seems like VC games is just one "Virtual console app" that emulates said system (maybe with a few tweaks specific to said ROM), and the ROM is contained within this somewhere.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not buy a Vita and play SNES games with the better screen?
(now give me my money, Sony!)

I'm surprised there was enough interest in the Vita to get it hacked. I thought it was a more or less failed system.

Edit: Oh ok, it's hacked in basically the same way the WiiU is hacked.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like DinohScene said, we need a better framework and a good library to write a 3DS mode SNES emulator.
I think it will run pretty smooth on the 3DS, but i don't know the exact specs of the 3DS.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if the psp could run a snes emulator, the 3ds should be able too as well. but with 3ds homebrew just at the very beginning, you'd probably be better of to buy a dingoo or a psp to play snes on the move

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nothing smea does counts, he's not into sharing.
Cool story bro.

In any case, 3DS development is literally in its infancy. Due to the dawn of smartphones, interest in homebrew development on closed platforms is gradually diminishing. This coupled with the fact that security measures are becoming more and more elaborate means that it takes increasingly long to create useful coding frameworks and libraries. Come back in a year or two, then we'll talk. ;)

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-