Not open for further replies.

Shufflemac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crazzy1 said:
Plus I wish there was a free photoshop...
dry.gif

Try Gimp.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
It does look nice but if the only way to play the new games (which I know is not and there will definitely be buttons and an analog stick) is to touch and tilt, my interest in the 3DS would drop completely.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's embarrassing how many concept-arts are continuing the 'stuff slides out of every possible part of it' or 'screen folds out' design.

What I really don't understand is how half of them have double analog-sticks with a D-Pad. Weren't they replacing the D-Pad with the Analog control? It could easily emulate a D-Pad, eliminating the need for backwards compatability D-Pad too.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xshoyz said:
It's embarrassing how many concept-arts are continuing the 'stuff slides out of every possible part of it' or 'screen folds out' design.

What I really don't understand is how half of them have double analog-sticks with a D-Pad. Weren't they replacing the D-Pad with the Analog control? It could easily emulate a D-Pad, eliminating the need for backwards compatability D-Pad too.

People tend to like things like that. It's called style and it attracts the eye. It also would allow for larger screens and other features in a compacts space.

What's embarrassing is how you brought back a 5-day old thread just to say that.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xshoyz said:

Embarrassing for who?

These are mock-ups, drawn from people's imagination.

These aren't your designs. If people want to have dual analogue sticks on their mocks-up, they will. That's easy to understand.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
xshoyz said:

People tend to like things like that. It's called style and it attracts the eye. It also would allow for larger screens and other features in a compacts space.

What's embarrassing is how you brought back a 5-day old thread just to say that.

It's not really bumping if it's on the top of the first page.

And no, 4 sets of extra half-block controls sliding out isn't stylish at all. Larger screens doesn't apply, since I meant extras. We're thinking of different mock-ups.

"These aren't your designs. If people want to have dual analogue sticks on their mocks-up, then they will. That's easy to understand."

So if they wanted 6 Analogue sticks you wouldn't question it, despite it being pointless?

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
xshoyz said:
_Chaz_ said:
Someone shoot him.

It was at the of the page because YOU bumped it.

The last post before mine was the 18th. Halfway down Page1 is the 18th dated posts, and then the 17ths.

Are we seeing different forums? Either way, way to cry about it. I've never seen such an aggressively negative forum in my life!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xshoyz said:

And no, 4 sets of extra half-block controls sliding out isn't stylish at all. Larger screens doesn't apply, since I meant extras. We're thinking of different mock-ups.

"These aren't your designs. If people want to have dual analogue sticks on their mocks-up, then they will. That's easy to understand."

So if they wanted 6 Analogue sticks you wouldn't question it, despite it being pointless?

In modern aspects, yes this is style: QUOTE(Crazzy1 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:07 PM)
3ds.png

Nobody ever said not to question it, I said that what you described was stylish and allowed for more features. Though 6 sticks may be difficult for some to understand, if they feel that there needs to be 6 analogue sticks than why shouldn't they be able to make it that way?

EDIT: Didn't you just contribute to a lot of that negativity just now by bashing people's ideas?

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
xshoyz said:

In modern aspects, yes this is style: QUOTE(Crazzy1 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:07 PM)
3ds.png

Nobody ever said not to question it, I said that what you described was stylish and allowed for more features. Though 6 sticks may be difficult for some to understand, if they feel that there needs to be 6 analogue sticks than why shouldn't they be able to make it that way?

EDIT: Didn't you just contribute to a lot of that negativity just now by bashing people's ideas?

It's not bashing, it's criticizing. Negative criticism. If I said 'Whoever made this design is an IDIOT!', then yes, I'd be bashing.

And no, that's not what I meant. Sliding is fine, and that's a great design. Especially given it allows iphone-esque gaming.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l02eawaYNC1qzpbds.jpg

This is the kind I dislike. Although it might not be sliding, but rather attaching two add-on controllers. Which is worse.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzwg7thIli1qzpbds.jpg

This, however, I find to be so perfect I can't find one possible fault.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeLouchVII said:
Skelerex said:
Crazzy1 said:
dry.gif

Try Gimp.

Try pirating Photoshop.
mellow.gif

You're suggesting piracy on a gaming site.

Either way, if you do, be careful. Pirating PC things tends to lead to tons of viruses. The only download-less route is getting a working registration key, but even the sites to get those from will infect you upon visit. Not recommended.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xshoyz said:
LeLouchVII said:
Skelerex said:
Crazzy1 said:
dry.gif

Try Gimp.

Try pirating Photoshop.
mellow.gif

Either way, if you do, be careful. Pirating PC things tends to lead to tons of viruses. The only download-less route is getting a working registration key, but even the sites to get those from will infect you upon visit. Not recommended.

Don't really plan on pirating anything at all...

Got used to gimp, it's actually really good...!

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Crazzy1 said:
xshoyz said:
LeLouchVII said:
Skelerex said:
Crazzy1 said:
dry.gif

Try Gimp.

Try pirating Photoshop.
mellow.gif

Don't really plan on pirating anything at all...

Got used to gimp, it's actually really good...!
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...