Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
of course they'll dismiss it.

"gangsters tactics"? like quietly putting kill code in there? if Nintendo was caught doing something officially they'd have been sued to hell and back.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man, the lengths you'll go to get in the last word.
You asked a question ("what about my post proved your point?"), I answered it. How is that going to lengths to get the last word? But please, feel free take the last word. I relinquish my right to continue this discussion, so that you may finish it.

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They pay cheap Chinese employees to make fake post claiming their Gateway broke their console

It's funny these cheap Chinese employees they hired can go on several forums, post in English/French/Spanish while the clone makers themselves have trouble making two simple coherent sentences in English.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
of course they'll dismiss it.

"gangsters tactics"? like quietly putting kill code in there? if Nintendo was caught doing something officially they'd have been sued to hell and back.
well maybe not about kill code but r4i etc do employee people to post on forum saying gateway is bad/r4i is great etc. many new accounts made on these forum somehow manage to post about latest update on r4i and co in matter of seconds before release

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we just need a new thread with only post about people who have been bricked with their info and possible solutions if any or not. These threads are getting out of hand with people accusing each other and then trolling back and forth.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It has been confirmed that there is a brick code in the launcher....But what is this brick code? Why anyone posted it here yet?
A description of how it worked was posted. The actual code is some binary stuff that is completely unreadable for your average person, so there isn't much point in posting it anyway.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It has been confirmed that there is a brick code in the launcher....But what is this brick code? Why anyone posted it here yet?
Gateway put a code in their launcher.dat which roughly works like this:

Code:
if(<low 4bits u32 output from random-number-generator are zero> && <checksum over arm9 code is invalid>)
brick();

The random-number-generator uses the console date for initialization. That's why all the bricks occured after a certain date. The second part checks whether the launcher.dat file itself is legit. Any modification makes the checksum fail and therefore bricks the console.

By the way, can anyone educated enough translate "4 bits on one end of random 32-bit sequence equal 0 each" to a probability? My built-in calculator is kinda fuzzy.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
just to say there are two new gateway 3ds with bleu screen here http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?/t...tairement-les-3ds-utilisant-des-clones/page-3
3ds not XL the first after a low batteri and fw 2.0b2 and wait information for the second but fw2.0b2 too.
md5 check OK for the two 3ds.
It's just the beginning of the death of 3ds 4.5
Nintendo must be very happy
Gateway's response to the legit bricks was that they were shills. I don't think the shills of a Chinese company would have a veteran member on a French forum... This is blowing up.

Reactions: frown

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they replied my email:

Our tech team will answer you and the thread too.
Any legit Gateway user will have his console fix if needed, but to be clear, so
far, no console has been bricked by Gateway.

mailto:[email protected]
cleardot.gif

> Dear gateway team,

> to sum up my problems, i use gateway card and legit gateway software
> downloaded directly from gateway site mirror.

> any details regarding to this has been posted in this thread:
>
> http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/279838-3DS-brick-Bluescreen-with-LEGIT-gateway!!

> i hope this problem can be sorted out soon.

at least they are willing to help if it is proved.

i replied:

Dear gateway team,

thank you for the kind reply, to sort out this problem for the good of us both, i will provide any information you ask and confirm that it is actually happening. i will kindly cooperate gladly to sort this problem ASAP

just to point out, there is a second case emerging 2 hours after my first thread made:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/279840-Blue-Screen-Official-Gateway
sincerely, your customer.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By the way, can anyone educated enough translate "4 bits on one end of random 32-bit sequence equal 0 each" to a probability? My built-in calculator is kinda fuzzy.
If those 4 bits need to be zero, that's 1/2^4 = 1/16 = 6.75%. That would be if the numbers were perfectly random though, which they are probably not.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If the OP's launcher.dat was corrupt, it wouldn't load in the first place due to the sanity check Gateway built in their launcher firmware. Given that the file was not corrupt it seems that an unmodified launcher.dat isn't as safe as Gateway claims. Also lol @ this post, coming from someone who registered here when this site was a rom site.

your point being?
just because it was a rom site has nothing to do with it
i was also a moderator/supervisor on the site for years too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64