Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the era of trolls and noobs will start soon ,quick someone call the hobbit and dwarves :P

well patience is a virtue wait for 6months and something good will arise

Reactions: Thorhian

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is it true or fake that the 3ds is hacked??

It's most likely (~85-90% chance) true that it's hacked, but so far, the hack is worthless for us end-users. Maybe in a few months, something usuable will arise - most likely some easy text-based homebrew and primitive ROM loaders from/for pirates, nothing like the homebrew channel for at least a year, or how long it takes to explore the system's commands and properties. No devlib means sloooooooow progress.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
It's most likely (~85-90% chance) true that it's hacked, but so far, the hack is worthless for us end-users. Maybe in a few months, something usuable will arise - most likely some easy text-based homebrew and primitive ROM loaders from/for pirates, nothing like the homebrew channel for at least a year, or how long it takes to explore the system's commands and properties. No devlib means sloooooooow progress.

Well ok then i know thx. Lets just hope and wait

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's hacked, kernel mode control has been achieved BUT only the hackers (not the leechers which make up most of this forum) have access to it.
I wonder if there truly is a hypervisor to deal with in order to do that... If you have heard anything about that, PM please, starting to get paranoid XD

Oh Gosh, just looked at this. Looks like quite a few Members are starting to register on there XD http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that mean you they can play 3ds roms on their 3ds.
They technically could have they knew/ programmed it to do so. However, Im pretty sure this is not on the top of there list by a long shot, since they are still learning on how exactly the 3DS works itself.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
They technically could have they knew/ programmed it to do so. However, Im pretty sure this is not on the top of there list by a long shot, since they are still learning on how exactly the 3DS works itself.

Nice so soon we would be able to run 3ds roms on our 3ds??

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Nice so soon we would be able to run 3ds roms on our 3ds??
No. Word is, they're trying to enable home brew without enabling piracy. Do not get your hopes up.

If something does come out eventually, you can find out if piracy is possible then. Meanwhile, buy the games you want and download whatever you want on already hacked consoles.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
No. Word is, they're trying to enable home brew without enabling piracy. Do not get your hopes up.

If something does come out eventually, you can find out if piracy is possible then. Meanwhile, buy the games you want and download whatever you want on already hacked consoles.

ye you´re right

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A message by Yellows8 (he wrote it in the 3dsdev IRC):
[01:44] <@yellows8> managed to partially decrypt a savegame using the new CTR-period, however it seems the period is >0x1000-bytes.

Some minutes later, the following was posted:
[01:59] <balrog_> so wouldn't it be worth figuring out how the savefile is encrypted?
[02:00] <@yellows8> that's exactly what I'm doing, just haven't managed to figure out what the exact CTR-period is.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[01:44] <@yellows8> managed to partially decrypt a savegame using the new CTR-period, however it seems the period is >0x1000-bytes.
[01:59] <balrog_> so wouldn't it be worth figuring out how the savefile is encrypted?
[02:00] <@yellows8> that's exactly what I'm doing, just haven't managed to figure out what the exact CTR-period is.

If there manage to find out how savefile's are encrypted, does that mean exploit with out needing the game, as it a save game exploit.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

If there manage to find out how savefile's are encrypted, does that mean exploit with out needing the game, as it a save game exploit.
Could be wrong, but it would mean they could exploit newer games (not game-less exploits, as you say). Nintendo beefed up its savegame security on firmwares >= 2.2.0-4

edit: They already know how < 2.2.0-4 firm. saves are encrypted.

Reactions: SifJar

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Where do you want to copy your edited save file on? To the SD card? The SD save file key is console unique.

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could be wrong, but it would mean they could exploit newer games (not game-less exploits, as you say). Nintendo beefed up its savegame security on firmwares >= 2.2.0-4

edit: They already know how < 2.2.0-4 firm. saves are encrypted.
No yellows8 has PARTIALLY decrypted it and the CTR-Period is invalid if i am right so it could take a while for them to decrypt the new savedata method

Reactions: Mexilon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.