Hacking 3DS got Bricked, and then...

tommzy09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, I got a message saying "Discounted XMAS games on e-Shop" so I decided to go into the e-Shop.

As the e-Shop was loading, I decided to put my SuperCard DSTWO inside my 3DS.

Then I got an Error telling me to turn off my 3DS. When I turned it back on, the 3DS displayed some sort of blue screen, this is what it looked like
ae660583-cef3-24be.jpg
(nabbed pic from google)

So I thought, crap, I just bricked my 3DS, there goes $200.

- I turned it off and back on again. Still a blue screen.

- Turned it back on after 10 minutes, still, a blue screen.

- After another 2 minutes, turned it on, and bam, booted up and I started playing Mario Kart 7.

Just a heads up to anyone out there, I warn, do not go into e-Shop with a Flash Card of any sort inserted in the 3DS. This was a minor scare, not sure how the 3DS un-bricked itself, but it did, anywho.

I also advise if you're planning on using a Flash Card, disable your wifi/internet connection on the 3DS and then go about your business.

Also, I would like to know, if this has happened to anyone else out there?

Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well, I got a message saying "Discounted XMAS games on e-Shop" so I decided to go into the e-Shop.

Then I got an Error telling me to turn off my 3DS. When I turned it back on, the 3DS displayed some sort of blue screen, this is what it looked like (nabbed pic from google)

So I thought, crap, I just bricked my 3DS, there goes $200.

- I turned it off and back on again. Still a blue screen.

- Turned it back on after 10 minutes, still, a blue screen.

- After another 2 minutes, turned it on, and bam, booted up and I started playing Mario Kart 7.

Just a heads up to anyone out there, I warn, do not go into e-Shop with a Flash Card of any sort inserted in the 3DS. This was a minor scare, not sure how the 3DS un-bricked itself, but it did, anywho.

I also advise if you're planning on using a Flash Card, disable your wifi/internet connection on the 3DS and then go about your business.

the blue screen of death is generic hardware error screen, granted is more commonly associated with the brick code bricks, but it can be cause by various hardware errors too

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

DSTWO owner for some months, always got it plugged on, never had a problem....
your problem should be hardware, the dstwo is a coicidence. i will even go boot the console right now and go into eshop with the card on it

edit: opened eshop 5 times and put DSTWO in the console at diferent times, no issue.

now i will go back playing scribblenauts, good luck

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest that you shouldn't put ANY cart in while going to the eshop or loading other software. It is quite possible that you just happened to put the cart in at just the right time to cause a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock