Hardware 3DS: Good or Bad?

How has your console been?

• I've had tons of problems with the 3DS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've had minor issues, but none that I can't deal with.

• I've had no issues whatsoever with it. It's great!

• Total voters

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
10_0ARMY said:
I'm so tired of so many threads about the 3DS and what needs to be fixed.
Then stop reading online forums.

10_0ARMY said:
The console isn't bad at all, but so many people bitch.
So a design that results in one of the screens being scratched through normal use isn't bad design at all? A loose hinge that makes the top screen wobble when you need to look at it from a specific angle for the 3d effect to work properly isn't bad design?

QUOTE(10_0ARMY @ May 6 2011, 11:32 AM)
Then PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BEING SMALL...so they made the DS XL. I hope that people will learn to enjoy what is here instead of saying what is awful about it...
What the fudge? I don't remember that at all. If that's true, then it's the stupidest complain ever. Why on Earth complain about the DS Lite being too small when there's the original model available?
That said, they released the DSi XL because they originally wanted the DSi to be available in two different sizes, not because of anyone's bitching.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameGeek said:
10_0ARMY said:
1)So a design that results in one of the screens being scratched through normal use isn't bad design at all? A loose hinge that makes the top screen wobble when you need to look at it from a specific angle for the 3d effect to work properly isn't bad design?

QUOTE(10_0ARMY @ May 6 2011, 11:32 AM) Then PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BEING SMALL...so they made the DS XL. I hope that people will learn to enjoy what is here instead of saying what is awful about it...
2)What the fudge? I don't remember that at all. If that's true, then it's the stupidest complain ever. Why on Earth complain about the DS Lite being too small when there's the original model available?
That said, they released the DSi XL because they originally wanted the DSi to be available in two different sizes, not because of anyone's bitching.
1) Only happens with to much pressure and it need a little wobble that won't effect gameplay.

2) Heard Read complains like that before.
laugh.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
10_0ARMY said:
I'm so tired of so many threads about the 3DS and what needs to be fixed. The console isn't bad at all, but so many people bitch. And you know what's going to happen? Nintendo will release a new version of the console that has differences, but people will still bitch about it. In the end people that bitch about new consoles just need to learn to live with what is here. This reminds me of the DS when people wanted a smaller, more compact one...so we got the DS lite. Then PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BEING SMALL...so they made the DS XL. I hope that people will learn to enjoy what is here instead of saying what is awful about it...

Then don't make a thread and get off the forums.

Also when people said they wanted a smaller DS and not the DS Phat, I'm pretty sure they meant the size of the DSi, Nintendo went too small with the DSL.

Broken hinges, things breaking, screens scratching, really dude? People are supposed to just live with it, when it's an obvious flaw? No, we don't have to. Especially if Nintendo wants our money, they better make a product that works and doesn't break/scratch so easily.

But hey, if you don't want to hear complaints, like I said, don't make a thread, and leave the forums for good.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GameGeek said:
10_0ARMY said:
I'm so tired of so many threads about the 3DS and what needs to be fixed.
Then stop reading online forums.

10_0ARMY said:
So a design that results in one of the screens being scratched through normal use isn't bad design at all? A loose hinge that makes the top screen wobble when you need to look at it from a specific angle for the 3d effect to work properly isn't bad design?

QUOTE(10_0ARMY @ May 6 2011, 11:32 AM)
Then PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BEING SMALL...so they made the DS XL. I hope that people will learn to enjoy what is here instead of saying what is awful about it...
What the fudge? I don't remember that at all. If that's true, then it's the stupidest complain ever. Why on Earth complain about the DS Lite being too small when there's the original model available?
STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE 3DS! IT'S FINE THE WAY IT IS, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS SO IT'S NOT A BAD DESIGN, SOME PPEOPLE JUST MISUSE IT OR HAVE BAD LUCK WITH IT.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
10_0ARMY said:
I'm so tired of so many threads about the 3DS and what needs to be fixed. The console isn't bad at all, but so many people bitch. And you know what's going to happen? Nintendo will release a new version of the console that has differences, but people will still bitch about it. In the end people that bitch about new consoles just need to learn to live with what is here. This reminds me of the DS when people wanted a smaller, more compact one...so we got the DS lite. Then PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BEING SMALL...so they made the DS XL. I hope that people will learn to enjoy what is here instead of saying what is awful about it...

Then don't make a thread and get off the forums.

Also when people said they wanted a smaller DS and not the DS Phat, I'm pretty sure they meant the size of the DSi, Nintendo went too small with the DSL.

Broken hinges, things breaking, screens scratching, really dude? People are supposed to just live with it, when it's an obvious flaw? No, we don't have to. Especially if Nintendo wants our money, they better make a product that works and doesn't break/scratch so easily.

But hey, if you don't want to hear complaints, like I said, don't make a thread, and leave the forums for good.

In his defence, everyone still bitched/bitches about the DSi like the whiny slime they are.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I had no problems with my 3DS. The hinge might wobble a bit but I don't really care about that. Camera is a little grainy and AR (games, the one requiring the card. Face Raiders is still okay though) doesn't work in my house unless with lots of lights on. (yup, my house is dark... singapore utilities are so costly!
nyanya.gif
)

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
I had no problems with my 3DS. The hinge might wobble a bit but I don't really care about that. Camera is a little grainy and AR (games, the one requiring the card. Face Raiders is still okay though) doesn't work in my house unless with lots of lights on. (yup, my house is dark... singapore utilities are so costly!
nyanya.gif
)
Not many people complain about the camera, they know what to expect when buying a Nintendo product... although yeah, it does affect the AR gameplay a bit, even if it's slightly cloudy you notice it lags a bit.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
leeday100196 said:
chris888222 said:
nyanya.gif
)
Not many people complain about the camera, they know what to expect when buying a Nintendo product... although yeah, it does affect the AR gameplay a bit, even if it's slightly cloudy you notice it lags a bit.
Nah, i'm not complaining about the camera. However it just doesn't work well under low lighting (ambient light sensor anyone?
nyanya.gif
)

I haven't got much lags on AR games though when I'm playing at night spamming all the lights. (man, that utility bill has got to hurt)

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
leeday100196 said:
chris888222 said:
nyanya.gif
)
Nah, i'm not complaining about the camera. However it just doesn't work well under low lighting (ambient light sensor anyone?
nyanya.gif
)

I haven't got much lags on AR games though when I'm playing at night spamming all the lights. (man, that utility bill has got to hurt)
Thought so. What about during the day?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
leeday100196 said:
chris888222 said:
leeday100196 said:
chris888222 said:
nyanya.gif
)
nyanya.gif
)

Thought so. What about during the day?
My house is really dark during the day even with all curtains open (well, that's what all guests say).

I tried AR games infront of my TV with curtains open sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Kitchen table obviously won't unless with both lights on.

However, if my AR card is displayed on my iPhone screen, it works! Maybe cuz of screen brightness? :/

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leeday100196 said:
STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE 3DS! IT'S FINE THE WAY IT IS, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS SO IT'S NOT A BAD DESIGN, SOME PPEOPLE JUST MISUSE IT OR HAVE BAD LUCK WITH IT.

It's a bad design flaw dude, get over it.

Z

Zorua

I don't think I have the hinge wobble or any other infamous problem, but I hate the area around the screens because it's extremely glossy and it gathers dust very quickly.
frown.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zorua said:
I don't think I have the hinge wobble or any other infamous problem, but I hate the area around the screens because it's extremely glossy and it gathers dust very quickly.
frown.gif
not to mention fingerprints!
frown.gif

but it's okay if you have a protector/microfiber cloth though
smile.gif

Z

Zorua

chris888222 said:
Zorua said:
frown.gif
frown.gif

smile.gif

I have both but you can't put the protectors on the area around the screen and cleaning it is a pain.
They should have made it matte....

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zorua said:
chris888222 said:
Zorua said:
frown.gif
frown.gif

smile.gif

I have both but you can't put the protectors on the area around the screen and cleaning it is a pain.
They should have made it matte....
There is a hori one which covers the whole top.

Referral (not advertising!) : http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Screen-...r/dp/B004K6LQ9E

Z

Zorua

Thanks a ton!
By the way, are they completely transparent or can you make out that there is a protective film?

D

Deleted User

Zorua said:
Thanks a ton!
By the way, are they completely transparent or can you make out that there is a protective film?
You can tell that there's a protective film on it. The black area around the screen get's a (tiny) bit purple and also the speakers and the camera are cut-out.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mine is just fine.

But I know better than to think that forum complaints means anything about the 3DS in general. Manufacturing errors just tend to happen. And if not that, then it's shipment. All in all, a 5% error margin is normal* (heck...why do you think you can send it back to nintendo to begin with?).
It's certainly unfortunate for those 5% and they have the right to ask and/or complain on forums (to a degree, that's why these things exist), but it doesn't mean their numbers are larger than they appear.

After all: guys like me (with "just" a working 3DS) don't feel the need to start new threads about it.

*random number...it can be more or less, but unless someone shows me statistics of at least 1000 participants, I'm going with this.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Takeshi said:
Zorua said:
Thanks a ton!
You can tell that there's a protective film on it. The black area around the screen get's a (tiny) bit purple and also the speakers and the camera are cut-out.

Mine just look transparent, no purple tint. Then again I have the Japanese versions so it might be different compared to the US ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter