Gaming 3DS Extra Data Content - share it?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at my 3DS SD Card and I found sharing extra data is easy for our 3DS's (so we can all get spotpasses and the misc, since I'm sure we don't all own only the same games)

To get extra data just look into your 3DS SD Card on your computer. The extra data can be found on the Nintendo 3DS/2cf01c59cfef027cb708f100d29e7078/1d3400ab4760a673534430320002544d/extdata/00000000/ directory.
To put our extra data on your 3DS just extract the folders given to that directory.

I'm not sure if the directory with the seemingly random text is per-3DS (ie yours might have different numbers) but yours should be something along those lines.

To start off here are extra data for Ridge Racer 3D and Samurai Warriors Chronicles :

0000034d - Samurai Warriors Chronicles
00000358 - Ridge Racer 3D

This isn't a thread for hacking them (just making that clear). The thread is for sharing the extra data.

p.s. Anyone wanna help this list grow? =D
~ CP

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I copied all of my files and extra data to a 16GB sd card and its all on my 3DS. (i can still access it all incl photos)

Also of worthy note, I put my SSFIV game in my friends 3DS and it works great but uses my data! not his. Same for Ridge Racer.

Extra data can be seen by any 3DS as long as it is added to your SD card. When you play the game it will have your previous data.

Most information is saved to the game card itself. Ridge racer extra data is just time trials data.

hope this helps, (if not - *shruggs*)

Herox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
I copied all of my files and extra data to a 16GB sd card and its all on my 3DS. (i can still access it all incl photos)

Also of worthy note, I put my SSFIV game in my friends 3DS and it works great but uses my data! not his. Same for Ridge Racer.

Extra data can be seen by any 3DS as long as it is added to your SD card. When you play the game it will have your previous data.

Most information is saved to the game card itself. Ridge racer extra data is just time trials data.

so does that mean game data still saves to the ds card and not the sd?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Herox said:
lostdwarf said:

so does that mean game data still saves to the ds card and not the sd?

game data saves to the game card only.
extra data saves to 3DS SD card only (so far for me with RR:3D and SSFIV:3D)

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
CollosalPokemon said:
@> bigpaws:

I never heard ninty say this. Can you kindly show me where you found that information?

*looks at 3DS, takes out my well played ridge racer, put it in friends 3DS, carrys on playing my ridge racer game on his 3DS.
I can re-add extra data and streetpass wont work untill I do.

is that good enough for you?

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To confirm that the data saves DIRECTLY to the Game Cart, I returned my copy of Super Monkey Ball for a replacement, and all my save data was gone. I was pissed haha. So no, it does NOT save to the console OR SD Card.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"NOTE: Downloaded software that has been saved on several cards
cannot be re-saved onto a single card."

"If you save downloadable software and its save data on multiple SD Cards, this data can’t later be combined onto
one SD Card."

both are in the manual.

i rest my point

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
@Bigpaws

no, your point was saying only the original SD card would work,
when if fact you can change your SD card and if you copy everything to the new one before using it, it will work, and have all your data on it, viewable and useable by the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work