XP
Country
Romania
thanks

please, anyone
how to use it step by step
i am connecting my 3DS to my wifi signal from my laptop ,
the "WI-FI" must be from my modem ?

First setup the hotspot from your laptop (if you dont know how, the best guide is http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#Windows7 , and search for Guide #2 By elridge ), but instead of naming it attwifi in the virtual router manager, name it NintendoSpotPass4 , start the bat with 200-300 second so it wont change the mac while receiving the pokemon, then in pokemon go to mystery gift, receive over internet, wait 1-2 minutes and you will get your pokemon.

Reactions: aos10

xxMergyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wouldn't it be easier to share the MAC Adresses you need for those kind of events?

So you don't need a Virtual Router Configuration
and can use it with any HomePass Setup (like dd-wrt)

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm, so basically it's like setting up the usual Homepass relay, but renaming "attwifi", using the Cycler provided here instead of Macycler and waiting for the green notification light when the 3ds is in sleep mode?
If so, I did all that and still got nothing, or do I have to wait a bit more longer/Receive gift throgh Internet once the MAC has been swapped?

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hmm, so basically it's like setting up the usual Homepass relay, but renaming "attwifi", using the Cycler provided here instead of Macycler and waiting for the green notification light when the 3ds is in sleep mode?
If so, I did all that and still got nothing, or do I have to wait a bit more longer/Receive gift throgh Internet once the MAC has been swapped?
Nope, rename your hotspot to NintendoSpotPass4 then use the cycler from this thread, go in pokemon, go to mystery gift,.receriver over internet and wait

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
still, i don't understand, i thought we had to use a serial code to get the two pokemon, why can we do it over the internet with this?

XuSGene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I'm new to all this so kindly bear with me.

I am using my phone to tether an internet connection to my laptop and leaving the wireless adapter free to act as the virtual router. Running Windows 7.

I have mostly followed the guide suggested by Krisztian1997, which is http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#Windows7 (Guide #2 By elridge).
Steps I have taken:
1. Enabled the Virtual Wifi Miniport through cmd with admin rights (netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow)
2. Installed Virtual Router
3. Downloaded and unzipped macshift onto my Desktop, changed the directory on the cmd to the macshift folder on the Desktop
4. Tried to manually change the mac address of my Wireless adapter to the one for pokemon (macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection" 001daa83d098)
5. After doing so, I checked to see if the mac address of my Wireless adapter had really changed through the cmd (ipconfig /all)

Here is where I face an issue.
The mac address of the Wireless adapter does not change to "001daa83d098" even though macshift says it has changed through the cmd. It retains the same mac address before the change.

After some further research into this, I found multiple forums where people have said that Windows 7 doesn't allow mac address to change with the first 2 figures (XX) being the same. (ie. XXYYYYYYYYYY)
So I tried to test this by tinkering with the mac address (macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection" 121daa83d098).
And upon checking this through ipconfig /all, I can verify that the mac address has changed to 121daa83d098.

So the question I have is whether I am doing something wrong in the steps above or is there a work around to changing the mac address to the required 001daa83d098.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out