Hacking 3DS decapping fundraising topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jl12 is an extremely busy person who has little time for hobbies. And the tax thing, well that's just bad communication.
I'm deeply sorry, but so what? Busy or not this guy made a commitment with this fundraiser, it should be taken seriously. This is not a hobby, people gave $2000 to the cause. If this guy wanted to do things his way he should have thinked twice before asking help from others. And this time it's not like people are asking for unreasonable things from hackers they actually took the time not only to donate but to persuade other into donating, for once we did not just watch and demand but tried to participate. We are not asking for anything huge, only more transparency.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm deeply sorry, but so what? Busy or not this guy made a commitment with this fundraiser, it should be taken seriously. This is not a hobby, people gave $2000 to the cause. If this guy wanted to do things his way he should have thinked twice before asking help from others. And this time it's not like people are asking for unreasonable things from hackers they actually took the time not only to donate but to persuade other into donating, for once we did not just watch and demand but tried to participate. We are not asking for anything huge, only more transparency.
I'm not saying that he's approaching this properly, in fact I was surprised he decided to do this because of how busy he usually is. I'm just telling you guys the reality of the situation, so you know what to expect. Which will probably be no more transparency, and a "thank you" in some indirect/direct form when the imaging is complete.

It'll get done, just not in the manner/time-frame many people here expect.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying that he's approaching this properly, in fact I was surprised he decided to do this because of how busy he usually is. I'm just telling you guys the reality of the situation, so you know what to expect. Which will probably be no more transparency, and a "thank you" in some indirect/direct form when the imaging is complete.

It'll get done, just not in the manner/time-frame many people here expect.
Not being an asshole...are you his friend? You vouch for him? I anxiously await the conclusion to this situation.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not being an asshole...are you his friend? You vouch for him? I anxiously await the conclusion to this situation.
Yeah, I suppose I am. I've loaned him my prototype 3DS, so he could attempt to write and test programs in his own time. When I requested it back, he gave me some postage quotes, and when he receive the postage money he sent it off. And the sometimes the lack of communication made me think I had been fooled, and I thought at times was never seeing it again. But he replied with tracking details, and it made it to my front door in two weeks.

So I'm willing to vouch for him, that once he has the money needed, he will get send the 3ds to the lab and pay for the process. Though I have doubts as to how many hands the images will be reach, time frame of this whole thing will be completed in.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I suppose I am. I've loaned him my prototype 3DS, so he could attempt to write and test programs in his own time. When I requested it back, he gave me some postage quotes, and when he receive the postage money he sent it off. And the sometimes the lack of communication made me think I had been fooled, and I thought at times was never seeing it again. But he replied with tracking details, and it made it to my front door in two weeks.

So I'm willing to vouch for him, that once he has the money needed, he will get send the 3ds to the lab and pay for the process. Though I have doubts as to how many hands the images will be reach, time frame of this whole thing will be completed in.
Thanks and great share with 3ds info. That should clarify and it seems he is lazy with communication but follows through.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

hey 3dsguy. Have you got any other access to contact him? He seems to be too busy to reply an email, or ignore.
(Since my email to ask for confirmation months ago is not yet replyed.)
I am waiting to donate, but i don't know if his paypal account still valid. Thanks to mercluke, that's only a small gap now.
BTW, have you ever work with him before? From the DS scene? Thanks as always

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey 3dsguy. Have you got any other access to contact him? He seems to be too busy to reply an email, or ignore.
I am waiting to donate, but i don't know if his paypal account still valid. Thanks to mercluke, that's only a small gap now.
3ds guy said he loaned him a 3ds. Good question though, any other projects with this recluse?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What if a GBA Temper gets a legit job as a 3DS game dev, couldn't they leak hardware and signature info to us?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo signs games I've heard, devs don't sign games.Maybe SDK but others will correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: JayRo

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What if a GBA Temper gets a legit job as a 3DS game dev, couldn't they leak hardware and signature info to us?
NO.
Dev units are different to retail units, anything they would leak would most likely work only on dev. units and not on your retail 3ds. Developers can only self-publish e-shop games.

Developers are under a very strict NDA. Anyone who will leak something will be sued and his life will be pretty much screwed (indie or big publisher). I would not advise this course of action.

Reactions: 3DSGuy

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You'd only be sued if you get caught. You could essentially go to a public computer (Like city library, coffee shop, etc) and leak the stuff online through a dummy account, hiding behind a proxy or two. Nobody could trace ANYTHING back to YOU. (As long as you don't leave any digital fingerprints behind, like an avatar, sig, etc... This is pretty simple stuff guys, use your brains. ^_^

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
So the goal was reached a month ago and this guy still hasn't done anything about it? He's either lazy or a thief.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only talk to him by email. I didn't exist in the DS Scene. But I worked with him testing simple homebrew he wrote with the SDK which I tested on my dev 3DS. But that stopped a while ago. There isn't really anything else I've *worked on* with jl12.

Reactions: Syphurith

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO.
Dev units are different to retail units, anything they would leak would most likely work only on dev. units and not on your retail 3ds. Developers can only self-publish e-shop games.

Developers are under a very strict NDA. Anyone who will leak something will be sued and his life will be pretty much screwed (indie or big publisher). I would not advise this course of action.
1) Program a hidden back door i.e. a certain very hidden sequence after which produces "load boot.cia from SD root?"
2) PM a temper and leak the sequence
3) ???
4) Homebrew profits!

Reactions: yuyuyup

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I have doubts as to how many hands the images will be reach, time frame of this whole thing will be completed in.

If the image does not become public (or at the very least given to backers), he a bit of an ass hole if you ask me . My theory is that it takes him a long time because he rarely goes out, he the basement kind of person.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the image does not become public (or at the very least given to backers), he a bit of an ass hole if you ask me . My theory is that it takes him a long time because he rarely goes out, he the basement kind of person.
There is no reason for the public to see an image. He would of course share information obtained from the decapping, information he could only get from the decapping. Why do you people need an image of anything?

So is the de-capping going to happen?
Once all the payments go through the goal should have been reached, so there's no reason it wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1d3daJ0HE