Hardware 3DS Circle Pad Peeling Off..

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen a topic about this over at GameFAQs on the 3DS board, the person who's having this issue and has made the thread there has given me permission to use his image. What do you guys think when you see this? Makes me feel really bad about getting a 3DS so early honestly..This is just piss poor build quality..

xfqlR.jpg

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Initial reaction: AAhhh!!...ooh, it's black! :D
Weird. I have had mine since launch and it's totally fine. Although I don't abuse it....
I suppose it would be less grippy, but the fact that it's black is sorta tempting...it'd be even more tempting if I had a black 3DS, cause then it would match! :)
And last of all, it looks like you could put it back on....

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to assume he was just picking at it, if it was from normal use we would of heard of this problem long ago. It reminds of when the 3ds first launched people were using their stylus to press the start/home/select buttons and having the sticker things over those getting messed up.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure, if this happened, you could get it replaced. However, like most others here, I've had a 3DS for a long time and haven't seen anything like it.

On another note, why do people never take clear pictures of these things?

[...] I suppose it would be less grippy [...]
Less grippy? Is that even possible? I think the slide pad isn't very "grippy" at all. Sometimes, in intense situations, I find my thumb slipping from the tip to the inner knuckle.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd actually have to TRY to get the Circlepad off. It's not a problem with the 3DS, it's a problem with you! :P

Reactions: 3 people

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess what else peeled off. Half the skin on my thumb. Darn you Street Fighter.
And that's with quitting against all Guile and Honda before the fight even starts.

My circle pad is faring way better than my thumb right now... :(

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i've had mine since launch, and no peeling, it's not even scratched, it doesn't hurt to be a little cautious while using it, it's not unbreakable.

Reactions: 1 person

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had this problem with all my nintendo gamecube controllers! I know the problem... Sweaty hands... I have sweaty hands and nothing works even not an airco controller.

Also if you play too much it can also occur.(ghehe I played only 1000 hours on mine since launch) ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what's 401k?