Hardware 3ds charging alternative

Kaiwaters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds has a broken charger port and currently im using a nyko battery pack, but i noticed it doesnt charge half the time and it charges very slow is there anything else i can use?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the official battery and the stock 3DS cradle. for one of my 3DS's, I also own the nyko pack and love it but I only trust charging it via the port and not via the battery terminals on the bottom. since your port is busted, just use the stock battery and cradle. you could always resolder it yourself or pay someone to do it.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
buy a new 3ds each time the battery runs out?

(maybe they sell external battery chargers, that charge the battery separately, sure you would have to take the battery out each time... but, unless you get it fixed or a new one, you'll have to do weird stuff like this) :)

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the stock cradle doesn't work for some reason, your best option is the nyko power pak+ & charge dock

You can pick one up from Amazon for $7 - linky

It increases the system's battery life, but more importantly has three contacts on the bottom of the battery. When placed in the included charging dock, it will charge the battery directly (you won't get an orange light on your 3ds, as the 3ds is unaware of the charge, but it is actually charging.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the stock cradle doesn't work for some reason, your best option is the nyko power pak+ & charge dock

You can pick one up from Amazon for $7 - linky

It increases the system's battery life, but more importantly has three contacts on the bottom of the battery. When placed in the included charging dock, it will charge the battery directly (you won't get an orange light on your 3ds, as the 3ds is unaware of the charge, but it is actually charging.

did you even read his post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Microsoft ruined it with kinect