Hardware 3DS Charger help!

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Guys,

I could finally get my own Nintendo 3DS! Yay! And it's an ambassador one! double yay! :D

But there was something wrong... :(

To avoid drama and all that crap, I'll jump straight to the important part: The 3DS unit came with 2 chargers. I was very worried they weren't original, but I ignored it. ( I didnt have original ones to compare at the time of the transaction. Also, I never had saw the 3DS charger before, I just own a NDSL)

When I arrived home, I picked up my voltmeter and measured the voltage coming out of them... 5.31v and 5.38v. It's supposed to be 4.6v, it's way too high for a lithium battery, and it will kill the battery very fast!

I've used google a lot, but I can't find an official reseller of Nintendo around here.

What you guys recommend me to do ? (Someone with more electronics knowledge could point me towards a modding solution using a regulator transistor... I could do the trick if I know exactly what components I should search).

Can someone be kind enough to get a working battery (with correct voltage, hopefully a Nintendo original one) and ship to Brazil? If the shipping price isnt insane, I'd be happy to pay for that.

I'm afraid to burn my 3DS battery or to see it explode... :(

Thanks in advance!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I (or rather, my niece) needed a new charger for her DSi, we just phoned nintendo and they sent us one for free. Got here in 2 business days.
Could try that.

However, how would it be possible for the seller to have chargers with a higher voltage than it's supposed to be?
That doesn't really make sense. It sounds like the chargers are fine and you're just being paranoid.

Reactions: 1 person

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The chargers aren't original, and I'm sure of that. Also, I've used a voltmeter ;)

Also, I live in Brazil, and Nintendo doesn't ship to outside of US and Canada :(

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the chargers and quit worrying. I quit charging my DS fat off the Nintendo charge as soon as I found a USB cable to charge it w/. Said USB cable charges from the 5 volt line and does nothing to dampen the voltage and my fat is still going strong and it's battery has zero issues. I've treated my DSlite, my DSi and my 3DS the same and not a single one seems to care... My PSP's, my Bluetooth earpiece, my cell phones, etc all agree.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the chargers and quit worrying. I quit charging my DS fat off the Nintendo charge as soon as I found a USB cable to charge it w/. Said USB cable charges from the 5 volt line and does nothing to dampen the voltage and my fat is still going strong and it's battery has zero issues. I've treated my DSlite, my DSi and my 3DS the same and not a single one seems to care... My PSP's, my Bluetooth earpiece, my cell phones, etc all agree.
And then one day them's all gonna explode

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...