JovenCalixto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone

I decided to start playing in my old 3DS (no custom firmware) and I'm having difficulties when plugging in its original charger as my young self tended to unplug it a little wildly and its pins are a little bended.

I've seen that there are adapter cables to use a mobile charger to charge the 3DS. The only charger I have at home is a Xiaomi model MDY-11-EZ (charger that has the following output voltage and currents: 5V = 3A / 9V = 3A / 12V = 2.5A / 20V = 1.35A / 11=3A).

My question is will this charger work or will I need another one? And in that case, which chargers do you recommend?

Yodakiller3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it has the end, yeah go ahead. So, the pins are broke on the 3ds or charger?

If none work, I recommend ebay and a quick purchase (Check shipping times and also check lowest prices).

I've also found 3DS consoles that won't charge because they have their port tilted up from bending all the time. I just pushed the charger around until I found the sweet spot. I would not recommend this, but I recommend looking to see if the charger port is bent and use a microscope camera app to looks close up (Samsung phones support it)

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone

I decided to start playing in my old 3DS (no custom firmware) and I'm having difficulties when plugging in its original charger as my young self tended to unplug it a little wildly and its pins are a little bended.

I've seen that there are adapter cables to use a mobile charger to charge the 3DS. The only charger I have at home is a Xiaomi model MDY-11-EZ (charger that has the following output voltage and currents: 5V = 3A / 9V = 3A / 12V = 2.5A / 20V = 1.35A / 11=3A).

My question is will this charger work or will I need another one? And in that case, which chargers do you recommend?

That charger supports QuickCharge 4 which is why it has all those others voltages listed in the specs. If you use it with a non-quick charge device (like a 3DS), it should just act like a standard 5v USB charger.

You should be fine to use it. If you are really concerned you can buy a cheap 5v 1amp usb charger.

Reactions: Yodakiller3000

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That charger supports QuickCharge 4 which is why it has all those others voltages listed in the specs. If you use it with a non-quick charge device (like a 3DS), it should just act like a standard 5v USB charger.

You should be fine to use it. If you are really concerned you can buy a cheap 5v 1amp usb charger.
Yeah, it should be safe. 5V is a little high compared to the original charger, but I've never heard of anybody damaging their console or battery from using a USB charger with the DS or 3DS. I've done so myself on occasion. Might just cause the power regulator in the console to run a little hotter.

JovenCalixto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, it should be safe. 5V is a little high compared to the original charger, but I've never heard of anybody damaging their console or battery from using a USB charger with the DS or 3DS. I've done so myself on occasion. Might just cause the power regulator in the console to run a little hotter.
Ok, I'll use my phone charger when my original charger life comes to an end then, thank you so much.
Post automatically merged:

If it has the end, yeah go ahead. So, the pins are broke on the 3ds or charger?

If none work, I recommend ebay and a quick purchase (Check shipping times and also check lowest prices).

I've also found 3DS consoles that won't charge because they have their port tilted up from bending all the time. I just pushed the charger around until I found the sweet spot. I would not recommend this, but I recommend looking to see if the charger port is bent and use a microscope camera app to looks close up (Samsung phones support it)
No, it is still working, but its pins (the charger ones, to plug it in the socket) are a little bended and it's difficult to plug it in, I still can use, but I was looking for a plan B for the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto