Hacking 3DS CFW Install Speed Run Proposal

TheFIrstAv3nger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll wait for someone to pre build a patch for everyone, this process looks harder than installing A9LH the old method with OTP file.

You want a prebuild for a speed run or just for installing cfw? That process really isn't that hard and that guide is well made. You could do the whole thing in like an hour.

Edit: Back on topic. Got my speedrun down to about 36 seconds. Using an o2ds though so no magnet needed, though I'd say flipping that switch takes the same time as placing a magnet.

Last edited by TheFIrstAv3nger,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well you're probably better off building it yourself than. There are things you need that can't be shared on here, unless you find someone to privately share it with you.
what about just to install CFW? maybe i will wait more or start testing soon.
also, does that cart matter if it from differnt version? like R4i-b9s?

Last edited by aos10,

Akurosia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what about just to install CFW? maybe i will wait more or start testing soon.
also, does that cart matter if it from differnt version? like R4i-b9s?

problem with prebuilding i think is the shared aeskey file.
Only thing which could work is prebuilding vram0.img
But for the rest you would be able to compile GodMode9 yourself as described in the other thread.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
problem with prebuilding i think is the shared aeskey file.
Only thing which could work is prebuilding vram0.img
But for the rest you would be able to compile GodMode9 yourself as described in the other thread.
does old 3DS need aeskey file?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for speed, but mostly for installing CFW outside my home.

Well, if you just need a way to install CFW when away from home, and don't mind doing the card swap trick, I did include a swap card layout as part of my InScripted AIO (iso site, CFW Discussion section). I somewhat jokingly called it "Shove & Shift" because of the card swapping. Just copy that folder's contents, and the actual configuration folders (which I included empty copies of to remind you to copy over) to the card you want to use as a swap card. It's not going to be speed run fast, because my focus is on features (which is why it's using uncompiled scripts -- too many to compile them all). Still, it gets the job done in less than 5 minutes. And you can just use regular B9S or GM9 (assuming it fits) on the flash cart.

I've not even tried to do the "everything on the flash cart" method yet. I'll admit that it probably has an advantage on the N3DS, but even knowing I've got the full 3 MB to work with on my AK2i, it just seems too limiting. Regardless, for anything else, it's easy enough to get to the card slot to just swap in a pre-loaded card (if you're quick, you can probably be in the homebrew menu before it creates the "Nintendo 3DS" folder).

Reactions: aos10

TheFIrstAv3nger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the 3mb is good enough if you're just trying to get b9s and Luma. I had to use zip3dsfx though to zip up FBI and HBL. That allowed me to follow this threads guidelines and hack my o2ds in about 35 seconds. If I was installing on someone else's console I'd use the swap card or multiupdater.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well, if you just need a way to install CFW when away from home, and don't mind doing the card swap trick, I did include a swap card layout as part of my InScripted AIO (iso site, CFW Discussion section).
can you gives me the name if the thread? just the name
i can't find anything in that iso site.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So should FBI be a requirement? I think the 3ds is still considered hacked without it.
When I started the "3DS hack speedrun" genre, of course well before ntrboot (4th of january?), my standard was "fully updated and factory restored console, to any coldbooted arm9 homebrew" (and indeed I used GM9, which started faster than current official versions with splash screens and 2x or 3x the features) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1