Gaming 3DS Acekard 2i question

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still concerned whether or not to use it on my 3DS because of bricking.

But if I do, (what do you think I should do, use it?) does it say the ROM you played on the Activity Log? Or does it say the Acekard picture thing on the home screen?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shows whatever the acekard is faking to be (in this case, some Japanese game who's name eludes me at the moment). Nintendo can not legally intentionally brick your system. Stupid rumor is retarded.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what if I were to use it on my console, I drop it, oh crap the hinges are broke. I send it to Nintendo with the AK NOT IN. Will they not fix it like the HBC and the Wii?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
Well, what if I were to use it on my console, I drop it, oh crap the hinges are broke. I send it to Nintendo with the AK NOT IN. Will they not fix it like the HBC and the Wii?

The thing is it's pretty obvious on the Wii that you've hacked the system. The HBC is not official, boot2 being different etc. Just because you constantly play Danny Phantom does not mean that you used a flashcart. Maybe you just really like Danny Phantom? Its not impossible (though highly improbable for sure).

As long as you don't send it back with the flashcart inside, they have no real way to 100% determine you used a flashcart. It's more like... 99.9% sure if they see Danny Phantom being used constantly.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was thinking firmware cant update on this own anyway because when you go to the system update it says please ensure charger is connected! if it did then surly loads of people would brick them with running out of battery

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, maybe I'll use it but I'm waiting until I get the browser and eShop and stuff to be sure I don't have to update any more.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of young children only have 1-2 games, so it's not that unlikely at all. My neices for example only have 3 games and they've had their systems for several years now.

That said, we don't know for sure what else (if anything) is logged besides the title. Is there a chance that they can look back at the logs and see more? Yes. Is it likely? Well... Nintendo probably knows what it's looking for having dealt with these carts all throughout the DS/i lifestyle... so it is at the very least possible.

The simple fact is though that no one will know for sure till the 3DS is hacked and we can fully view the logs... but again, Nintendo will never LEGALLY be able to brick your system. As long as the flash carts don't modify the 3DS firmware in any way, there is no way nintendo could accidently brick your system and any intentional attempt to do so would result in many lawsuits... both civil and federal (remote destruction of computer systems is against the law in the US, EU, and most other modern countries).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The stupid bricking rumor needs to die.
Paranoid people are getting stupid about it. You won't brick your damn 3DS using a flashcart. It's impossible, it'll never happen. You won't get in trouble, it won't damage your 3DS, nothing will happen. For the love of god, just use your fucking AK2i.

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can delete the title out of your software library if necessary, additionally you can format the system which will remove the daily gameplay statistics.

Although I'm sure Nintendo will find a way to block the cart a few times before they give up.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You can delete the title out of your software library if necessary, additionally you can format the system which will remove the daily gameplay statistics.

Although I'm sure Nintendo will find a way to block the cart a few times before they give up.

But it shows up the next time you play the game.

Also, why would Nintendo allow so many cards to be played on the 3DS if they aren't going to brick you?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Also, why would Nintendo allow so many cards to be played on the 3DS if they aren't going to brick you?

Yeah especially after that outbreak of bricked DSi's since Nintendo strived so hard to stop piracy via flashcarts.

...wait that never happened either.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We know from wii hacking that the system format does not entirely remove usage logs and hacking attempts... This is because it's not a true data format, you aren't restoring your Wii to an earlier firmware or anything like that... We can expect an identical result from 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi