ROM Hack 3DNUS

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@MarcusD Finally, thanks for making a 32 bit version of this!:)

Would it be possible for you to compile a 32 bit version that has the version spoofing option? I want to permenantly unblock flashcarts on my emunand so I don't have to keep installing TWL_FIRM everytime I update.

I just compiled it from the source in the first post, so I can't. Also, you can just delete the DS cart whitelist, then install the older .cia

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good day. Can I use this 3DNUS in my new untouched 4.0.0-7U 3DS to update to 4.5 so I can use rxtools? or do I need to do something first to use 3DNUS?
Or in short, is this an alternative for buying a cartridge to update a 3ds with very low firmware (short of 4.1)? Thank you

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please verify the value we should be entering into the "Version" entry box for specific regions? For example, EUR is obviously for Europe (as seen in the op's screen shot).
So..
Europe = "EUR"
United States of America = ?
Japan = ?
Korea = ?

@ground Can you add this to your op?

Most likely "USA", "JPN" and "KOR"

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to figure out how to use this application. I'm trying to get hs.app v2051. I deleted my original health and safety thinking I would no longer have use for it. Could someone help me out by getting this file for me and uploading it? Thank you

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to run the program on my laptop, it gives me an error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0x000007b). Click OK to terminate the application." What do I do?

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I found what the problem was. I was using the wrong version of the app (my laptop is 32-bit)...

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to download the file, it gets stuck on the "Packing as .cia" with an error: "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The system cannot find the file specified."

Clicking "Continue" does absolutely notthing... How can I fix this?

(I'm using the "32-bit" version, BTW...)

3s nus not working it gets stuck on packign as cia

Edit: Never mind; I managed to figure out what was wrong: I had to move the "make_cdn_cia" file from the main 3DNUS download and put it in the directory that the 32-bit version app was in, and it worked!

Last edited by Ace Koopa,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Because someone asked me in PM to compile 3DNUS with .NET 2.0, and I have nothing better to do, I'll update 3DNUS with new (and repaired) features. @ground, I hope it's okay. I haven't changed the "by ground" label, and I take no credit for 3DNUS, I'm just recompiling the source from the first post with new features.

3147c4970a.png

I also added a make_cdn_cia detector, so it won't allow you to use the "pack as .cia" function until you acquire a make_cdn_cia. Also, I removed the second textbox, so you can write "10.6E" to download the (currently) latest firmware, or you can write "0004001000020000 v3074" to download the (afaik no longer available) 4.x system settings app, all combined into the same textbox. Also, you can press enter on the keyboard instead of having to click on the "Download" button ;)
I'll also fix the "little" buggy manual .csv parsing, it's crashing alot in my testing :sad:
Also, I didn't remove the GUI, only the downloading part is console-based, because I hate thread synchronization, and I already had this "beautyful" console interface, so why not? :P
I'll provide a .NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 32bit exe files (only if @ground allows me to publish this), so everyone will be happy (I'm looking at you Win7 with .NET 3.5! :whip:)

ground

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because someone asked me in PM to compile 3DNUS with .NET 2.0, and I have nothing better to do, I'll update 3DNUS with new (and repaired) features. @ground, I hope it's okay. I haven't changed the "by ground" label, and I take no credit for 3DNUS, I'm just recompiling the source from the first post with new features.

3147c4970a.png

I also added a make_cdn_cia detector, so it won't allow you to use the "pack as .cia" function until you acquire a make_cdn_cia. Also, I removed the second textbox, so you can write "10.6E" to download the (currently) latest firmware, or you can write "0004001000020000 v3074" to download the (afaik no longer available) 4.x system settings app, all combined into the same textbox. Also, you can press enter on the keyboard instead of having to click on the "Download" button ;)
I'll also fix the "little" buggy manual .csv parsing, it's crashing alot in my testing :sad:
Also, I didn't remove the GUI, only the downloading part is console-based, because I hate thread synchronization, and I already had this "beautyful" console interface, so why not? :P
I'll provide a .NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 32bit exe files (only if @ground allows me to publish this), so everyone will be happy (I'm looking at you Win7 with .NET 3.5! :whip:)
of course it is ok. It is open source ;). I also dont have time to update 3dnus, so anyone who wants to improve/change it is more than welcome to upload it in whichever form they want.

Reactions: Sono and smileyhead

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
of course it is ok. It is open source ;). I also dont have time to update 3dnus, so anyone who wants to improve/change it is more than welcome to upload it in whichever form they want.

Is there a Mac version?

If I won't be sick, I may make an universal commandline version in C, so it could be compiled with gcc, but don't expect me to do it, I don't want a JustPingo KTM situation on GBATemp again! Once I'm finished, I'll publish it in this thread.
Or me/you could compile 3DNUS with Mono, so it would be kinda multiplatform.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States

3147c4970a.png

Can you Possibly host the Source on GitHub? I've been working on my Edition of 3DNUS for quite awhile, but i haven't got as much work done on it that i want done. Like fixing all the Crashing, and Fixing the NOT Downloading FW's over 8.1.x!

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can you Possibly host the Source on GitHub? I've been working on my Edition of 3DNUS for quite awhile, but i haven't got as much work done on it that i want done. Like fixing all the Crashing, and Fixing the NOT Downloading FW's over 8.1.x!

Since I don't got git on Windows, I have to manually move the files between shared folders, so once I'm finished, I'll upload it :D

//off-topic
I'm repairing my chair, so I don't think it'll happen today :rofl:

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol