nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i am working ona cool bottom screen, what you think guys ?

JB00P1B.png

I am working on new features too and big surprises on 3DNES, i am with problem with speed, i have fear write a lot of things in assembly and win a little speed up :c

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i am working ona cool bottom screen, what you think guys ?

JB00P1B.png

I am working on new features too and big surprises on 3DNES, i am with problem with speed, i have fear write a lot of things in assembly and win a little speed up :c
Looks alright, but will do.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably yes, these emulator is very early, need a lot of optimizations, i am working on it, and remember, all of it work without 3DS GPU.

Don't forget the professionals on Sega's M2 team had a really hard time emulating the Megadrive on the 3DS http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/03/emulating-megadrive-3ds-isnt-easy-enter-3d-sonic-hedgehog/
People looking forward to SNES, N64 etc have very lofty expectations that technically may not be possible.

Best of luck with your NES emulator optimisations, it's a really great hobby you have.

Reactions: Margen67 and st4rk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Don't forget the professionals on Sega's M2 team had a really hard time emulating the Megadrive on the 3DS http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/03/emulating-megadrive-3ds-isnt-easy-enter-3d-sonic-hedgehog/
People looking forward to SNES, N64 etc have very lofty expectations that technically may not be possible.

Best of luck with your NES emulator optimisations, it's a really great hobby you have.
yeah, but they are pretty much saying they struggled to get the 3d to look "good", not struggled to get it running, a basic mega drive emulator without making certain layers 3d and such wouldn't be as hard.

Reactions: Margen67

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, but they are pretty much saying they struggled to get the 3d to look "good", not struggled to get it running, a basic mega drive emulator without making certain layers 3d and such wouldn't be as hard.

but emulating a complete console on other architecture is not a easy work, maybe 6502 is too easy, because is just a 8 bit CPU, but 68k is more complex, i think the team didn't used a interpreter, maybe used Dynamic Recompilation to work good in 3DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
but emulating a complete console on other architecture is not a easy work, maybe 6502 is too easy, because is just a 8 bit CPU, but 68k is more complex, i think the team didn't used a interpreter, maybe used Dynamic Recompilation to work good in 3DS.
dont get me wrong, im not saying its "easy"(i wouldnt even know where to start XD) im just saying adding 3d effects on top of the emulation would be harder, especially if you are trying to make sure the effects work throughout the game and dont cause any issues elsewhere

Reactions: Margen67 and st4rk

nitendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
st4rk - since you are a programmer and probably already downloaded the sourcecode for nesDS...

What is your opinion - would it ever possible to support the following rom-specs in nesDS (or 3dDNES for that matter):

MMC5
1MB PRG-ROM
1MB CHR-ROM
8KB SRAM
Capcom 6C80 Sound Engine, with DPCM usage

Reson I'm asking - is because of this:

Zelda - The Legend of Link
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7308&page=1

The above is simply the MOST impressive rom hack for the NES....ever...period!

/Nitendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, im virgin
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: