Homebrew 3DNES - NES Emulator

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome news! Unfortunately I can't get in on this as I don't have a 3DS compatible with Gateway, but if Smea is a man of his word then I guess I can look forward to that.

Congrats devs. B-)

Reactions: st4rk

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans on adding 3D support to games. If there was a configuration file that pointed to areas of the CHARROM to offset on the second screen layer. It would be amazing.

Reactions: Margen67

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2 - Do not use roms with big names and don't use a lot of roms, just 30 ~~ 40, i will up the max rom on folder.

It was the name length that was the problem. I only had 12 ROMs but one of them was "Deep Dungeon - Madou Senki (Japan) [En by KingMike v1.0].fds"

I took out the long names and left only Samsara Naga (Japan).nes (fan translation) and Tetris (USA) (Unl).nes (Tengen). Tetris worked, Samsara didn't (it does work in Mednafen on a computer).

st4rk

nah
OP
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
It was the name length that was the problem. I only had 12 ROMs but one of them was "Deep Dungeon - Madou Senki (Japan) [En by KingMike v1.0].fds"

I took out the long names and left only Samsara Naga (Japan).nes (fan translation) and Tetris (USA) (Unl).nes (Tengen). Tetris worked, Samsara didn't (it does work in Mednafen on a computer).

Do you know what is the Samsara Mapper ?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Great job so far. Yeah, rendering everything manually will take up a lot of cycles normally meant for logic and such, especially with how primitive the tools are and how little we understand the hardware. The GBA is capable of doing full-speed NES emulation, so that should give us some insight as to what can potentially be done on the 3DS, a far more power machine, once the tools mature enough and the 3DS hardware is cracked open even more. I still have quite a bit of time of my XL's warranty, but once that expires, I plan to get it soft-modded (if that's a possibility) so I can take advantage of this stuff and possibly contribute.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you going to add support for custom mappers (to load hacked roms)? I'm asking because not all NES emulators for PC support this :/

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I think the idea for making a custom 3DNES saves and roms folder is a terrible one. All emulators that do this really make things a pain in the ass. Everyone has their roms in a ROMS folder, not some special emulator for each set of roms, that'll never work across multiple platforms or programs.

What happens when another emulator comes out and they make you put your NES games in some other silly named folder.. Don't do that.

Just make the emulator only list .NES roms, save the .savs in the same directory and everybody's happy. No one sees saves while choosing roms and no one has to make specific directories on the SD card.

Tybus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I think the idea for making a custom 3DNES saves and roms folder is a terrible one. All emulators that do this really make things a pain in the ass. Everyone has their roms in a ROMS folder, not some special emulator for each set of roms, that'll never work across multiple platforms or programs.

What happens when another emulator comes out and they make you put your NES games in some other silly named folder.. Don't do that.

Just make the emulator only list .NES roms, save the .savs in the same directory and everybody's happy. No one sees saves while choosing roms and no one has to make specific directories on the SD card.

I dont know about you, but since GW saves its files at the SD card root, a lot of diferent emulator roms on you SD card root will make a lot of mess, when accesing it via pc, It's not that hard to make a folder to save your roms anyway, it's not like if you have to patch the Nes roms or something really tiring.

And i dont see another 3ds emu coming since 3ds scene is dead!.. We just got this guy making releasing useful homebrew!.... and why would someone bother to make something that was already done?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)