Homebrew 3dmoo - New 3DS Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Able to compile this, but unable to load any homebrew. Yeti3DS triggers this error:

Code:
    uint8_t* romfslvl3 = malloc(romfs_sz);
    if (romfslvl3 == NULL) {
        ERROR("romfslvl3 malloc failed.\n");
        return 1;
    }

Because romfs_sz is fffff000h.

Hmm...

because it has no romfslevel3 try to add a level3 romfs try to run the elf file if you use homebrew if you use a nintendo 3DS file your dump is damaged.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
because it has no romfslevel3 try to add a level3 romfs try to run the elf file if you use homebrew if you use a nintendo 3DS file your dump is damaged.
I've tried with my build of yeti3DS and with the one supplied by GW. Both have same error. Could you give more details please?

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK you need to decrypt the exheader from the GW 3ds file and if other parts are encrypted as well you need to decrypt them as well. This emulator is not for encrypted files even if the key is set to all 0. It is the same process that you have to do on a real 3DS dump the only difference is you know the key and you don't need the 3DS AES engine. For homebrew yust use the elf format not the 3DS format.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woot!!! So now there are 2 emulators for the 3DS. Good sign of good things to come :)

Might take 10 years but I can wait :)

So how long before some one makes a high res one? Like the DS one? lol Probably need a 32 core 10Ghz CPU to do it... lol

Reactions: Margen67

xenia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone compiled this on Windows? I keep getting an error that it can't find SDL.h
where the hell do i put the sdl2.lib file so the compiler can see it.
Download http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-devel-2.0.3-VC.zip

In Visual Studio, in the project properties, in VC++ Directories, add the SDL2-2.0.3\include folder to Include Directories, and the SDL2-2.0.3\lib\x86 folder to Library Directories

Once you build it, copy SDL2-2.0.3\lib\x86\SDL2.dll to the same directory as 3dmoo.exe and it should run.

Reactions: gtaking112

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity what's preventing us from playing roms? I guess dumped NAND won't cut it like gateway, makes me wonder the optimal specs to run 3DS game roms when we are capable

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just out of curiosity what's preventing us from playing roms? I guess dumped NAND won't cut it like gateway, makes me wonder the optimal specs to run 3DS game roms when we are capable
A NAND dump would be encrypted to the specific console, so you would just be doubling the amount of non existent decryption methods, the reason games would not even begin to be runnable is that they are encrypted, the 3ds decrypts them to run, you would need either decrypted roms or a way for the emulator to decrypt the roms..............optimal specs would be as high as possible....minimal depends on how refined the emulator gets, I wish a new name would be made up to differentiate WIP emulators from the lay mans interpretation I.e runs roms for free gaming goodness

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
Download http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-devel-2.0.3-VC.zip

In Visual Studio, in the project properties, in VC++ Directories, add the SDL2-2.0.3\include folder to Include Directories, and the SDL2-2.0.3\lib\x86 folder to Library Directories

Once you build it, copy SDL2-2.0.3\lib\x86\SDL2.dll to the same directory as 3dmoo.exe and it should run.

Code:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SDL_GetTicks referenced in function _FPS_Lock    C:\Blah\3dmoo-master\windows\main.obj

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woot!!! So now there are 2 emulators for the 3DS. Good sign of good things to come :)

Might take 10 years but I can wait :)

So how long before some one makes a high res one? Like the DS one? lol Probably need a 32 core 10Ghz CPU to do it... lol
I'm under the impression host hardware isn't an issue for something like the 3DS. If we had the knowledge, it could be done on today's machines in several months if someone was actively working on it.

Looking at Citra, I would guess it's because we don't have any specifications for both system calls and graphics calls - and especially graphics is a big issue. I believe there is no GPU reference manual (proprietary), and unless someone wants to donate some (expensive) man-hours into reverse engineering it, anything resembling proper graphics is far off into the future and not guaranteed.

I haven't been keeping up too much with the 3DS scene, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm under the impression host hardware isn't an issue for something like the 3DS. If we had the knowledge, it could be done on today's machines in several months if someone was actively working on it.

I was joking about the hardware requirements for the high res DS emulation right now. I am sure it will get optimized some how, but right now from what I understand to run the best resolution at 60 frames per second requires a high end i7 or something.

Still down the road it would be pretty cool to see, I mean those high res DS shots are nothing short of amazing.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st - Citra and 2nd - 3dmoo. So, what next? No$3ds or something? Think about it..... I hope is works soon!

If your definition of soon is "50% compatabile with some games" like 2 years from now, you probably won't be dissapointed

Reactions: Margen67

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Try with TronDS it is the bestest
I have assumed this to be fake as there are no downloads on that site and no one is mentioning it apart from you.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

EDIT: Got the download, it's:

http://trondsemu.byethost15.com/emu1001.zip

Running yeti3DS-master.bin makes the emulator lock up before anything is displayed on screen.

ichichfly said:
For homebrew yust use the elf format not the 3DS format.

Running yeti3DS-master.elf on 3dmoo gives this error repeated and a white screen:

svc_Execute: -- svcCloseHandle (0x23) --
3dmoo\src\handles.c:148: svcCloseHandle undefined for handle-type "service".
svc_Execute: -- svcReleaseMutex (0x14) --
svc_Execute: -- svcWaitSynchronization1 (0x24) --
mutex_WaitSynchronization: waiting for mutex to unlock..
threads_Switch: Trying to switch to current thread..
svc_Execute: -- svcSendSyncRequest (0x32) --
srv_SyncRequest: srv_GetServiceHandle
srv_SyncRequest: name=APT:U, namelen=5, unk=0x0
svc_Execute: -- svcSendSyncRequest (0x32) --
apt_u_SyncRequest: AppletUtility 00000007 (0FFFFFB4 00000004,0FFFFFB0 00000001)

Has anyone been able to run yeti3DS.elf, yeti3DS.bin or yeti3DS.3ds on Citra, 3dmoo or TronDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-