Hacking 3.73 Hackable?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.(Why not) since Cyan is talking on PS2 games. If I hack my PS3 slim, will I get the ability to play PS2 games?
No. The PS3s that are backwards compatible with "some" PS2 games are able to do so without hacking; those that aren't, can't. PS1/PS2 ripping with PS3 backup managing homebrew is in it's infantile phase but hopefully maturing as we speak. The fact that some BM homebrew makers are including PS1/PSX and PS2 folders in their updated managers is both preemptive and optimistic.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.(Why not) since Cyan is talking on PS2 games. If I hack my PS3 slim, will I get the ability to play PS2 games?
No. The PS3s that are backwards compatible with "some" PS2 games are able to do so without hacking; those that aren't, can't. PS1/PS2 ripping with PS3 backup managing homebrew is in it's infantile phase but hopefully maturing as we speak. The fact that some BM homebrew makers are including PS1/PSX and PS2 folders in their updated managers is both preemptive and optimistic.
I thought PS1 compatibility was native to all PS3 and the BackwardCompatibility to say is only referencing PS2 titles?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought PS1 compatibility was native to all PS3 and the BackwardCompatibility to say is only referencing PS2 titles?
Sorry if I strayed. One word posts are not allowed here, so the rest was additional information that I felt was relevant. You are absolutely correct that all PS3s are backwards compatible with PS1 games.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can do it with any universal NAND/NOR Flash programmer, like ProgSkeet.

Progskeet require soldering skill :P
But maybe there's a clip (solderless) version for PS3 too.

Edit:
Solderless and dual nand ProgSkeet :
http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/progskeet-solderless-dual-nand/

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I already skipped my soldering lesson when I did my homemade wii sensor bar with lego, alluminium paper and an old usb cable =p It worked fine, but since I forgot to put a resistor [or whatever is the name], it burned my leds.

Anyways, I can try to find someone who can downgrade it for me, even if it costs me about 100 bucks [would be US$50, but it's still much more cheaper than buying a downgraded one with a bunch of games I'd never play]

... OR, I could wait for the next e3 flasher version and buy one. Might work better for me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it allows you to have two complete different copy, so two different firmware.
Though, you will need two different HDD too, like for the E3Flasher, as part of the firmware is on the HDD.

I don't know if you can downgrade with the E3Flasher downgrader, or if it's dependant to the used hardware.
So if you can't downgrade, you can only copy your current 3.55 NAND to the second nand chipset, and upgrade one of them to 3.73 to have a dual boot.

caboyzcoti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone sorry if I could find a better place to ask but I thought this was fine. Anyways I have never soldered so I'm weary about picking up an e3. So I've been searching for a softmod I could apply to get backups running on my 3.73 ps3 and I stumbled across this youtube vid *video removed* can anyone vouch for this method? It looks too easy but there are several ppl happy with it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That video didn't show anything, just "version 3.55" in the system version, and then it switched to another video with nothing else than a sticker on the TV.

I removed it as the video info contains links to cfw.
If these cfw were real (I currently doubt it, there's no key0 dumped, so it's potentially dangerous for users to install these non verified files) then you can't post links to them, you can only post links to patches or patchers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...