HWFLY Soldering Help RP2040

zero0dot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Firstly please don’t tell go to professional, this is not a amateur thing. You can ruin your device. Yes I am taking that risk cause my product is already died. No battery, haves rail issues etc. So I am planning to use it docked already. I can’t pay 160-200$ (In my country prices are like this.)for soldering job. I know it’s hard I know those 2 capacitors are 2mm and very tiny but there is nothing I can do about that. So if you don’t hesitate to help please just leave here. Sorry for my poor English.

So I bought some soldering equipments I don’t have any experience in SDM or another soldering. Can someone just explain the soldering process step by step. How can I use flux? I already disassembled my device and reached the capacitors,cleaned with thermal paste and just waiting for my chip to arrive. In the meantime trying to understand the process.

I know potantial errors:
* If I solder wrong there can be a bridge happens between two capacitors and this is not good. I don’t know how to remove those bridges
* If I don’t use my soldering pen careful probably I am going to drop soul into other places which is not good
* If I overheat the PCB the capacitors can be spread from the PCB and this is very bad or PCB can burn.

Of course those are not my experiences just trying to do some researches. Can you help a newbie here?

My Device: NS V2

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not a Professional so I can't really give you any tips for the Switch, but I can point out the following
- Get yourself a multimeter so you can test connections afterwards, both missing contact and bridges.
- Find yourself a broken motherboard you can practice on, you WILL need it!!. Don't need to be a switch, but something that have similar small components. This is the most important step!!
-Watch some youtube videos about soldering

- I know you don't want to hear this, but seriously, get help from a pro! This is really difficult, but hopefully you will follow my tip to practice on some broken stuff first. Then you will see if you have the skill or not.

• Love
Reactions: zero0dot

alecocr20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am far from being a pro but had some experience from the RGH Xbox 360 time.

That said, I installed successfully a couple of chips on Oled/Lite and V1/V2 and I almost broke a V2.

Here are my points:
- Use quality solder wire and flux, this will make the job way easier
- If possible use a microscope, I bought one for 30$ on Amazon. I think a V1/V2 is doable without it but I wouldn't try anything else without it
- Try using small amounts of solder for every point. For me it's way easier to add more than to remove some
- If you can control your pen temperature, use 650F. Enough to melt the solder wire but not hot enough to desolder the caps or melt the flex cable
- Take your time, it's 4 solder points.

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Have you ever used a soldering iron before? If not, then dont do it.
You should atleast take the above advice and find a scrap pcb and then practice.

Your success rate soldering a switch if you have never touched a soldering iron before is VERY low.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste