Gaming 2 questions that are important for future pirates/homebrewers.

Will the DSi be easier or harder for pirating?

• Yes! SD slots! YES! Pirates will crack any protection!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, if they included an SD slot, they already thought of pirates.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
galneon said:
miketh2005 said:
I'll get it from A. the domain name money i get B. the bussiness money i get or C. wait 1 year till the price lowers.

I'm sure we all really care where your money comes from. No adult with an income would be so shameless (nor would they misspell business), making it obvious you're between the ages of twelve and fifteen and will be getting one for Christmas, or your birthday sometime next year. Way to go.

laugh.gif
I was thinking the same thing when I read that.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not impressed by the DSi at all, nothing tempts me, it looks exactly the same as the DSL, not much thinner, cameras and SD slots=bullshit, music player can already be done via flashcarts, still can't play videos, No GBA slot means you can't play GBA games or guitar hero, no improvements to wi-fi range

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
galneon said:
miketh2005 said:
I'll get it from A. the domain name money i get B. the bussiness money i get or C. wait 1 year till the price lowers.

I'm sure we all really care where your money comes from. No adult with an income would be so shameless (nor would they misspell business), making it obvious you're between the ages of twelve and fifteen and will be getting one for Christmas, or your birthday sometime next year. Way to go.

HAHA. True,

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Lametta said:
If it doesnt have flashcards I wont buy new DS, simple. And I guess many ppl will do that, Nintendo should think about it too... the fortune of DS lite it's because of flashcards.

Then why were they so popular with the gaming public before flashcarts came out?

Batman55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TrolleyDave said:
Lametta said:
If it doesnt have flashcards I wont buy new DS, simple. And I guess many ppl will do that, Nintendo should think about it too... the fortune of DS lite it's because of flashcards.

Then why were they so popular with the gaming public before flashcarts came out?

Yeah you are right. Nintendo will do enough to stop pirates as long as they aren't wasting too much time or money. The DSi will sell hundreds of thousands in the first week for sure... maybe a million or more in the first month. They will rake in money no matter what.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
updowners said:
Rayder said:
The extra RAM is not only for the browser, but for GBA games that they will charge you to download to be able to play (I'd be willing to bet on the GBA pay-for-play deal). It will also be for their DSware shovelware games and potentially useful utilities.

How do you know theres going to be a gba emulator?
It's called printing money.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Batman55 said:
1. I really like the DSi, and my DSL is so shitty and the L button breaks all the time, so I'm definitely upgrading. But I wonder if they have a way to stop Pirating, now that there is an online store for (possibly) firmware updates, etc.

2. So I've been hearing that sometimes there is no way for a certain game to be ported, or a certain emulator made because the DS doesn't have enough RAM to do it. But now that it has enough (not entirely sure, but they have a built in web-browser, online store, camera so it's probable), maybe it can be done... maybe a smoother SNES emu, or better ports of PC games.

DSi looks fantastic, can't wait for it
biggrin.gif
1. We still do not know if the L button will break for the DSi.
2. I really do think that it will have more RAM, considering the built in web-browser, but you never know about the new emulators that will come out. It hasn't been confirmed about more RAM, and the emulators do not automatically come out - the homebrew developers build them so you never know if they will update an emulator, or another person will build an emulator.

QUOTE said:
the new DS is still a DS so it probably will run the current flashcarts. Not confirmed, but even though if the current flashcarts doesn't work, new ones will come out soon.

QUOTE said:
If nintendo going to do Virtual Console on DS, Imagine how long it will take to download 1 game...
Big game = long DL time
so...it might limit to small size game only = less onboard ram need.
Except It meant to be download pass the Wii+SD.
I thought the games were actually downloaded from the DS with the DSi shop or something like that. but downloading a DS game on a DS is not like the virtual console for the Wii - downloading the old generation games would. And SNES games/NES games are not that large, so you won't need to worry about the download time - I mean they are releasing brain age and brain age 2 for their shop as the first 2 games, and they are quite large.
But again, we do not know anything yet.

The extra RAM is not only for the browser, but for GBA games that they will charge you to download to be able to play (I'd be willing to bet on the GBA pay-for-play deal). It will also be for their DSware shovelware games and potentially useful utilities.
nobody said that GBA games will be downloadable. but just a shot from the dark, if the DS release something like VC for the Wii and enables the DS to play snes/nes/gba etc games, and if those games you download and play are official ROMs, not modded ports, then probably new homebrews can be built to be able to play those ROMs using that feature.
but I don't know because there are no news about such on the DSi...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1