Hacking 11.0 soft-downgrade?

chmurqab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay. So this happens during the System Transfer? Or is it done after the transfer is done, by copying contents from source SD to target SD?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you messed up the transfer of the game, for example, you didnt manage to put the source sd card to the target SD card, you have to purchase it again on the source 3DS? How about restoring the nand back up with the FieldRunners game in it? Would it still count?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So if you messed up the transfer of the game, for example, you didnt manage to put the source sd card to the target SD card, you have to purchase it again on the source 3DS? How about restoring the nand back up with the FieldRunners game in it? Would it still count?
Pretty sure both systems would now be locked into the 7 day cool down period, and now the licence is tied to the target system you would either need to wait 7 days then system transfer it back to the source system then wait 7 more days and transfer it back to the target system or wait 7 days buy it on another system (or the original source system again will be fine)and just transfer directly to the target system again

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure both systems would now be locked into the 7 day cool down period, and now the licence is tied to the target system you would either need to wait 7 days then system transfer it back to the source system then wait 7 more days and transfer it back to the target system or wait 7 days buy it on another system (or the original source system again will be fine)and just transfer directly to the target system again
If I understand correctly, I have two options:

1st option: Wait for 7 days to transfer back the license from target to source then wait another 7 days so I can transfer the game back from the source to target?

2nd option: Wait for 7 days, reformat your source 3ds, buy the game again and system transfer it to the target system?

I think i just rephrased your words but I want to know If i understand it correctly. I just want to make sure it's correct this time to avoid the 7 days cooldown again. thanks

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ya, the waiting period so brutal, I don't think there's anyway around it; not even restoring the nand

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't he be able to unlink his NNID from the target system, call Tendo to have it back on his source system and use his SD card backup get Fieldrunner back without downloading it? Then try again?
Also, I've successfully downgraded 2 O3DS' on 11.0 with this method but I guess the SD card file swap is supposed to be common sense as you're essentially cloning one system to another. Why then is this not specifically mentioned in the guide to avoid mistakes like above? Or is it just one of those "figure it out on your own" kind of things....?

EDIT: Nevermind, ignore the first part LOL

Last edited by Majickhat55,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If I understand correctly, I have two options:

1st option: Wait for 7 days to transfer back the license from target to source then wait another 7 days so I can transfer the game back from the source to target?

2nd option: Wait for 7 days, reformat your source 3ds, buy the game again and system transfer it to the target system?

I think i just rephrased your words but I want to know If i understand it correctly. I just want to make sure it's correct this time to avoid the 7 days cooldown again. thanks
Yeah sorry you worded it better XD
Shouldn't he be able to unlink his NNID from the target system, call Tendo to have it back on his source system and use his SD card backup get Fieldrunner back without downloading it? Then try again?
Also, I've successfully downgraded 2 O3DS' on 11.0 with this method but I guess the SD card file swap is supposed to be common sense as you're essentially cloning one system to another. Why then is this not specifically mentioned in the guide to avoid mistakes like above? Or is it just one of those "figure it out on your own" kind of things....?
well he should be able to do the Nintendo NNID unlink step by calling, but the cool down would still apply to do the system transfer, but it would essentially allow him to do option 2 and save his 5 bucks

Last edited by gamesquest1,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
2nd option would be good if the game was free. Are there any exploitable dsiware games that are free?
Nope, I don't think there is any free dishware at all, that said he cen try calling Nintendo and getting his NNID unlinked manually so he can save buying field runners again

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, I don't think there is any free dishware at all, that said he cen try calling Nintendo and getting his NNID unlinked manually so he can save buying field runners again

The cheapest dsiware is $2, so none of the devs can find an exploit in any of them?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any kind of flash cart that supports DSi games? That way we can still use these exploits even if they get removed from the eshop (and we wouldn't need to System Transfer).
There were a few, but there's another problem: DSi cartridges cannot access the eMMC, whereas DSiWare can. Hence, a DSi flash cart wouldn't help.

Reactions: ArmoredGuns1

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have bother to read the entire conversation you would understand what I am talking about.

I read the thread. If I had to downgrade ten 11.0 systems then paying $5 per ain't an issue. And for those who want a hackable 3ds shouldn't be worried about $5 now. Don't be fucking cheap.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read the thread. If I had to downgrade ten 11.0 systems then paying $5 per ain't an issue. And for those who want a hackable 3ds shouldn't be worried about $5 now. Don't be fucking cheap.

You're such an idiot. There's 7 day wait period after each transfer. If need to downgrade more than one 3ds, i have to buy field runners more than once. Also, I already bought fieldrunner 2x already to hack 2 more 3ds, so you can go eat a dick, newcomer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You're such an idiot. There's 7 day wait period after each transfer. If need to downgrade more than one 3ds, i have to buy field runners more than once. Also, I already bought fieldrunner 2x already to hack 2 more 3ds, so you can go eat a dick, newcomer.
yeah he said "$5 per" I assume he means per 3ds, which to be fair is true so what if you need to buy 7 copies if you wanna pirate shit then that's the cost,is pretty damn cheap and it's not like any one person needs 7 consoles so it would be 7 people paying $5 each

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah he said "$5 per" I assume he means per 3ds, which to be fair is true so what if you need to buy 7 copies if you wanna pirate shit then that's the cost,is pretty damn cheap and it's not like any one person needs 7 consoles so it would be 7 people paying $5 each

Ya, I understand $5 is cheap, considering I already paid twice. But my current task is downgrading a bulk amount of 3ds w/ 11.0 for friends, cousins, nieces, newphews, etc. I'm just saying $5 will add up; but We can't do anything about it since it's all we got.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Re-downloading itself on the target 3DS should be available, at least in JPN region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY