Hacking 100th Obligatory downgrade thread.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have a single issue with my n3DS other than the fact I had fucked up emuNAND the first time after I tried updating to 10.3 on n3DS and I simply just did all the steps again and got it to 9.5 lol.

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I downgraded when the first "safe" version of sysupdater was released (2-3 days ago by the night ... UTC +1). My Japanese o3ds ll is fully working and it's not "frankenfirmware" or whatever you are calling it :P

Last edited by rsc-pl,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded when the first "safe" version of sysupdater was released (2-3 days ago by the night ... UTC +1). My Japanese o3ds ll is fully working and it's not "frankenfirmware" or whatever you are calling it :P

The thing with frankenfirm is that you can't really notice it.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Julian's updater does things more safe, which the original didn't do. It minimizes the risk of a hard brick by updating the component that leads to it, last. So if the downgrade fails along the way, you only end up with a softbrick.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? If everything is working like it should, then ...?

Everything nintendo related should, except eshop and maybe browser or some other delicate titles that do title version checks. Some parts of the system remain 10.3, so if those parts contain some of the exploit patches, some exploits won't work... etc. Is not a nice thing to have. If apparently everything is working as it should there's little chance you frank'd.

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everything nintendo related should, except eshop and maybe browser or some other delicate titles that do title version checks. Some parts of the system remain 10.3, so if those parts contain some of the exploit patches, some exploits won't work... etc. Is not a nice thing to have. If apparently everything is working as it should there's little chance you frank'd.
Eshop is working on emunand (I even bought 2 apps, don't know if on sysnand too) , every custom FW too, gateway too, decrypt tools too. Maybe I was lucky :)

Edit: eshop works on sysnand too (tried via hbl)

Last edited by rsc-pl,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Eshop is working on emunand (I even bought 2 apps, don't know if on sysnand too) , every custom FW too, gateway too, decrypt tools too. Maybe I was lucky :)

Edit: eshop works on sysnand too (tried via hbl)

That's fine I guess. I'm having problems running kernel access homebrew on emunand only (like FBI homebrew). In sysnand they work fine.

EDIT: Looks like it was FBI's fault after all! Steveice10 is working on newer FBI versions that will work. Nice.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
My guess is that i ended up with a frankenfirmware on my N3DS after downgrading from 9.6E to 9.2E, because even though the system says 9.2, and everything i tried works (except for the eShop, which i cannot try), i can't run PASTACFW, nor i can install the FBI.cia, nor run emunand9. Can i restore my 3ds today? (don't care if it means i have to update and forget about everything except for Sky3D+).

Reactions: 4ur0r

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
My guess is that i ended up with a frankenfirmware on my N3DS after downgrading from 9.6E to 9.2E, because even though the system says 9.2, and everything i tried works (except for the eShop, which i cannot try), i can't run PASTACFW, nor i can install the FBI.cia, nor run emunand9. Can i restore my 3ds today? (don't care if it means i have to update and forget about everything except for Sky3D+).
Edited: Better do what The Real Jdbye says in next post!

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds like NATIVE_FIRM was not downgraded correctly. You can run the downgrader again, it will only downgrade titles that weren't successfully downgraded last time. Best use this version: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same happened to me.
Can't say it is like that for everyone else but to me only 1 person who gets the frankerfirmware (or worse, bricks its console) is enough to make me wait until things are less "deterministic".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1