Gaming Good RPG Games?

jagviper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i'm looking for a good RPG on either the NDS or GBA that kinda has the feel of a game like chrono trigger or secret of mana. Any suggestions aside from the obvious (children of mana which wasn't that good) would be great. On a side note, is Final Fantasy 3 on NDS any good? Thanks in advance

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Havent playedd CT but played half of secret of mana, these games that I'm listed are not bad RPGs:

Magical Starsign,
Mario & Luigi : Partners in Time,
Final Fantasy III , XII : RW
Pokemon Ranger.

jagviper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, i've tried most of those to no avail (ffXII was pretty good), but im looking for a game more Final Fantasyish
tongue.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FFIII was a good game, it's a remake of an NES game so it's a very traditional turn-based RPG. Kind of hard to know which games you have played or not, but how about Golden Sun?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't played Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA I highly recommend it. I thought it was much better than Partners in Time.

Edit: Summon Night - Swordcraft Story is another great GBA RPG.

usmagen

Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
FFIII was a good game, it's a remake of an NES game so it's a very traditional turn-based RPG. Kind of hard to know which games you have played or not, but how about Golden Sun?

yep, i'll have to agree with golden sun. nice battle system, and nicer graphics for a GBA game. topnotch story FTW

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF I & II Dawn of Souls GBA
FF III DS
FF IV-VI GBA, but IV is also coming out for DS
Breath of Fire 1 & 2 GBA
Lufia game GBA (forgotten the whole title)
Lunar game GBA (forgotten the whole title again, same as PSX version I think)
Megaman Battle Network game GBA (sort of RPGs)
Fire Emblem 1 & 2 GBA
Mazes of Fate GBA
Etrian Odyssey DS
Izuna Legend of the Unemployed Ninja DS

There are tons more, mostly GBA ATM, but these are the ones that I recall offhand.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm looking for a good RPG on either the NDS or GBA that kinda has the feel of a game like chrono trigger or secret of mana. Any suggestions aside from the obvious (children of mana which wasn't that good) would be great. On a side note, is Final Fantasy 3 on NDS any good? Thanks in advance

Thanks, i've tried most of those to no avail (ffXII was pretty good), but im looking for a game more Final Fantasyish
tongue.gif
So, are you looking for an ARPG or a turn-based RPG?

Really, the only decent ARPG's on the DS are Lunar Knights and Contact. And of course, Lunar Knights started with Boktai 1 and 2 on GBA.

The best turn based RPG on the DS is probably FFIII, soon to be replaced by FFIV. The (J) version is awesome and I can't even read it.

I think the best monster RPG is DQM:J by a long shot.

I guess I'm just confused what RPG sub-category you're looking for.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
yep, the golden sun games for gba are a sure bet, also contact was pretty enjoyable.

and also, of course, you can always get snemulDS and play the actual games heh(CT and SoM), they run almost perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto