cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was considering buying a cyclods evo but in reading the forums on teamcyclops.com it seems that there are alot of units that are defective, and many more that will work for a few months and then brake.

Can owners of cylcods evo, or people that know about this "problem" comment on this. Thanks.

Also does anyone have a rough idea about the reliability of batch 3 yet?

Thanks.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the fast replies.

did you guys also hear the rumors of unreliability? maybe i got bad information.
Well, there are quite a few posts on the official forum about DOA Evos, but then, when you think about it's mostly only people with problems who bother to post. Most people who get what they want won't bother to say anything, but I'll let you know when mine shows up, if I'm still alive when it does, that is... (ordered from overseas, a mistake not to be repeated, ever.)

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortanately I got my Evolution at the end of June from RHS and it had been running great, but around mid November, any DSL I tried it on could not detect it anymore. It kind of sucks since I have to send it for replacement back to France. I think there might have been some issues with the 1st batch of Evolutions, but I could be wrong.

cribby08

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortanately I got my Evolution at the end of June from RHS and it had been running great, but around mid November, any DSL I tried it on could not detect it anymore. It kind of sucks since I have to send it for replacement back to France. I think there might have been some issues with the 1st batch of Evolutions, but I could be wrong.

I hope batch 3 will be better, but who knows at this point. I guess only time will tell.

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got mine in September and have had no problems so far. I wonder if the BGA chip that is not fully contained inside the casing could be getting dislodged.

I don't really recommend doing this, but I removed the sticker so that the cartridge would be closer to flush.

SP0RK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does DOA stand for and how do you know which batch you have? I have a CycloDS coming in soon too so I'll let you know how that turns out.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
They aren't DOA exactly
they work for 1 day, and then they just don't recognize. So 'testing it' before it is sent out won't achieve anything.

If they don't fix it for the next batch, and the black cyclos....you will find people won't be stocking it anymore, including us.

Software is one thing, and they kick ass at that.
Hardware is another, and they fail at it.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They aren't DOA exactly
they work for 1 day, and then they just don't recognize. So 'testing it' before it is sent out won't achieve anything.

If they don't fix it for the next batch, and the black cyclos....you will find people won't be stocking it anymore, including us.

Thank you for the information. I was actually about to decide on getting one. >.>

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't DOA exactly

I have a batch one and batch two and a batch three to be delivered tomorrow. Will play for a few weeks and update... unless it brakes before that. I noticed OzModChips have the warning on your website but I haven't heard any other chatter from vendors. Just a little time will see what's what - if the failure rate is that high we'll hear it all over this board soon enough.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had 2 replacements but those were from batch 1. My batch 2 has been working since I got it (while back) perfectly.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed OzModChips have the warning on your website but I haven't heard any other chatter from vendors.

Well we gotta have a waring. It reflects poorly on a business if you wait 3 months to get a product, and then you get it, the dies after a day..........how annoying.

Vendors won't publicly give figures like we do - it kills off sales. Another australia supplier told me his rates way about 15% from the second batch.

The new r4 with the new case design at the greatest. We have sold over 2000 (we are wholesalers too, so don't think we those where all at full price!) and guess how many we have had back faulty? 1. Just 1. Brilliant.

New m3s have the spring, but its a different style of spring
We have sold heaps, and only 1 faulty as well.

locki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought three cyclods and only two is still working perfectly the third one didn't work at all. Still waiting on the replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/M4QW5Rn.mp4 +1