Homebrew NEEK2O/SNEEK/UNEEK HDD Compatibility List

Has this thead had any influence what-so-ever?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other; I'm just browsing to see what it actually is LoL

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I WILL NOT BE MONITORING THIS THREAD ANYMORE SO PLEASE POST ANY NEW WORKING DEVICES ON THE GBATEMP WIKI LOCATED HERE ->
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Neek_and_neek2o_SD/USB_Compatibility_List
cooltext623764023.png

User Submission: Providing the Basics
  • Which Brand: Sandisk, PNY, Transcend, etc.
  • What type: SD, SDHC, Mini, Class, etc.
  • Which model: SeaGate Free Agent (Free Agent is the Model)
  • Which variant of NEEK is working/non-working: SNEEK/SNEEK+DI, UNEEK/UNEEK+DI, NEEK2O:UNEEK+DI, NEEK2O:SNEEK+DI
  • What app for the pc/linux/other was used for formatting the devices listed.
Notes: Collaborative Mind Mapping
  • All devices will be displayed as 1Brand or Logo (Toshiba, SeaGate, WD, etc...); 2the total size of the drive (???MB/GB/TB, etc); 3the model or make of the drive; 4also the ESN; if it can be provided.
  • NEEK2O compatibility will be displayed as neek2o:uneek+di or neek2o:sneek+di, while sneek/uneek will be displayed as sneek/uneek (opintionally +di will be added if found working with that version); compatibility may not be the same among neek2o and sneek/uneek setups but hdds should be compatible for either setup.
  • Remember this is all user submitted info both confirmed and verified; if you find a setup displayed here that is not working please let me know so I may update.
Applications: Setting up your HDD
  • EASUES Partition Manager - Can format/convert/resize/set cluster size of your HDD; compatible with any version of windows.
Respitories: Download or Edit files here
I will try my best to be as quick as possible about updating information edited in my Skydrive account; if you do edit it with additional material then please make a post about it so I may look over there and add it to the list thanks in advance :)

sd-v1.PNG

Jan 17,2012
  • Minor changes: Changed Applications to display Devices not HDD.
  • Added verification to Toshiba 1TB Stor E PX1396E-3T01; updated additional info as well.
Jan 16,2012
  • Added "Respitory" along with Dropbox for those who want the file offline or Skydrive for those who want to submitt information.
  • GBAtemp Wiki Page int he making; I know this isn't news related for my forum post but I'm going to be updating the information people contribute here to the Wiki page as well so there are currently 3 ways to contribute information about a working setup.
  • Post on the forum here
  • Click on the Skydrive link and edit via web browser
  • Edit the Wiki page on GBAtemp url will be given when information is properly in place :)
  • Added a (NEW) category for SD cards; note this is only temp to see if everyone prefers this way or the old way.
  • Enjoy :)
Jan 12,2012
  • Minor cosmetic changes.
  • Added a few things, renamed a few others. I hope you guys like it albeit it's not done but suggestions are welcome :)
  • Added LinkFan16 to the special thanks.
Jan 11,2012 - Update
  • Minor Change - Renamed "Ginga 8GB USB Stick" to "Toshiba 8GB Ginga USB Stick"
  • Added Notes: section to Notes/Updates. Yeah minor once again. Who even reads this?? LoL :)
Jan 01,2012 - Update
  • Updated Compatibility to display neek2o now; please contribute if you have a working neek2o setup that is either compatible or in-conpatible with neek2o alongside sneek or uneek with or w/o (+di). Thanks in advance for this.
  • Added Ginga 8GB USB Stick, USB2.0, PX1521E-1M8G verified working with neek2o [uneek+di variant] device formatted with EASEUS Partition Master home edition!
  • Added Etheboss to the special thanks listing :)
  • Going to update links later sorry it's hard to find some links.
Aug 23,2011 - Update
  • Added new device working under sneek(+di) [SanDisk 16 GB miroSDHC]
  • Added "nintendiw!!"to the special thanks section.
Thanks for your contribute style_emoticons/default/smile.gif the more the merrier.

If you see ver.(+?) this just means it's been verified by (?) many people.

Special thanks for their contributions: "(?)"=devices confirmed working/non-working with Sneek/Uneek(+DI)
-anickname (5)
-bazamuffin (3)
-Etheboss (2)
-FIX94 (1)
-hellboy2010 (3)
-Hielkenator (1/1)
-Jehuty25 (2)
-Lexip (1)
-LinkFan16 (1)
-NahuelDS (4)
-nintendiw!! (1)
-scooby74029 (3)
-VashTS (2)
-Wever (3)
-XFlak (6)
-zizer (2)

Possible Sub Title??? "SD+USB Support for your NEEK2O/SNEEK/UNEEK needs"

A quick link to the file you can edit that I will soon figure out how to intregate into this hm... or snap shot it :)

https://skydrive.liv...ALqqNt2zHZ2EhTk

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First of all: are you 100% sure your drives are formatted as FAT32 with a 32k cluster size? (I would've gotten it to work months ago if I only wasn't assuming the wrong cluster size). IIRC, it should also be the first partition on the drive (active & primary) to work (source).

That being said...I can confirm the following:

-sandisk SD 2GB (works for sneek)
-integral SDHC 4GB (works for sneek)
-WD 500 GB My passport Elite (works for uneek+DI)

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 Cluster Size 32k, so yeah all that is right; formatted with Easeus Partition Manager.
I've only tried building a new nand with ModMii and i've tried decrypting a new bootmii nand dump, & one of my a SimpleFSDump v42fix2 "Full Dump". I've only recently tried so im sure there are other options or something I may have missed. It seems that a common answer I see given is "try another" and well I see this as a start for not only me but others who may be getting the same results; at least if we cant figure out, we can get one of the devices listed and go from there.

I tried all these on Wii's other then my own, but I've gotten more and more curious about how to get it working.

Thanks for your post Wever
happy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a'' microSD lexar 8gb '' working for sneek, and sneek+di.
also i have a'' microSD Sandisk 2gb '' working for sneek and sneek+di.

and i have a '' WD 1 t. passport Elite '' working for uneek, and uneek+di.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if these drives will work on UNEEK
WD My Book Essential Edition 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK (New version)
WD My Book Essential Edition 2.0 1TB WD10000H10 (Old version)

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@VashTS like the name btw
smile.gif
but does that drive work with uneek sneek or which variant? so i know to categorize.

I should have read more closely

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
SNEEK - Sandisk 8gb SDHC

UNEEK+DI - 500gb WD My Passport Essential
- 120gb Buffalo Ministation

Standard windows format for SDHC, and iirc it was EASEUS Partition Master for format/partition/cluster setting on the HDD's

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
@VashTS like the name btw
smile.gif
but does that drive work with uneek sneek or which variant? so i know to categorize.

I should have read more closely

nice edit
wink.gif
i guess ill be a smart ass and say yes, yes sir it works with sneek.
LOL sorry had to maybe i will test out my other drive. i could use a minimum nand, wouldn't take that long.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
PNY 2Gb mini attache

Which variant did it work with?

Also I would like to thank those of you who have submitted your information
smile.gif
& I hope that someone else other then me has found this useful as to which options are available when considering a device for Sneek. Keep up the good work guys.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope more people could post their findings
frown.gif
oh well you all did a great job hopefully it's helping someone. So lets keep up the contributions.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you
smile.gif
if anyone has a more sufficiant way of putting this all together im will to take the advice, this is my 1st thread trying to actually put facts together for what I feel to be a benefit to some of the community here. I kind of like the way the old USB compatibility list looks for us USB loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...