ROM Hack Warioware D.I.Y. .mio files sharing thread

aurox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!

I just got my warioware working and i tried using yasu's miotool on my save and it actually worked... so can we make this as some kind of sharing thread for .mio files?
i'll start with my first game
Mario Kills by aurox
Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wymmemn1jmu
download miotool here
http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
scroll down and find miotool

What is a .mio file?
.mio files are the microgame files from a Warioware D.I.Y. (Made in Ore) save file(.sav), they are exported by miotool to make .mio files so that the games can be imported to other people's save file using miotool to play them on your ds and they work on both the english and japanese version. It's a more convenient way of sharing microgames than the wi-fi option which only gives you 2 slots to share games and requiring you to add using FC's...

Now you guys share your mio files here
biggrin.gif

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aurox said:
Shadownhero said:
Ok i know what these are now!

I've made a microgame that is just a pokemon battle based on Red and blue, just tap fight to win but if you run you lose. It's my first one but i like how it turned out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ejtla2ydvkk

Here is a little pic of it

1zpkwa8.jpg

Nice! i'm playing it now
biggrin.gif

I tried to get the music the same but i kinda gave up until i had more time to play with the record maker.

aurox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shadownhero said:
aurox said:
Shadownhero said:

I've made a microgame that is just a pokemon battle based on Red and blue, just tap fight to win but if you run you lose. It's my first one but i like how it turned out!

1zpkwa8.jpg

Nice! i'm playing it now
biggrin.gif

I tried to get the music the same but i kinda gave up until i had more time to play with the record maker.
you should add a bit more animations and some mechanics your music is good it really sounded like i was playing pokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did u get the save files to work? is it possible on r4? i really want to play this but it's like one notch below worth buying.

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
how did u get the save files to work? is it possible on r4? i really want to play this but it's like one notch below worth buying.

I use an Acekard 2 with the latest AKAIO firmware. The save file for the game is created in the same folder you put the roms in on your microsd card

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Lazy727 said:
The US version isn't working on R4 yet, the jap version aka Made in Ore works on YSMenu.

markvn

Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is my newest game: Mario Jump
When you tap the screen, Mario will jump, and if you tap on the right moment, the bullet won't hit him.
Win the game by just avoiding the bullet.
Download Mario Jump here

(I'd like to post a screenshot, but which program can I use the best to make a screenshot of Mario Jump? I normally use no$gba for it, but WarioWare D.I.Y doesn't work for it...)

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markvn said:
(I'd like to post a screenshot, but which program can I use the best to make a screenshot of Mario Jump? I normally use no$gba for it, but WarioWare D.I.Y doesn't work for it...)
I don't know about Shadownhero, but I didn't take that screenshot, I used mioedit to save the individual images and pasted them together in Photoshop.

Edit: Your Mario Jump game has a fatal flaw - you can keep tapping the screen to make Mario hover in midair.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Shadownhero said:

1zpkwa8.jpg

OMG u stole my idea.

HOWEVER, I am doing a professional-looking 3rd-generation one where you have to tap the super-effective move. Actually, can anyone help with getting the move art to be small enough to randomize & still see the other moves like RSEFrLg?

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone here gets the Wiiware Warioware game, it would be cool if you transferred the games to the DS and dumped MIOs of them.

Edit:
BakaSchwarz said:
At this moment i don't have any mio. files, but i'd like to know if some of you guys know where to get something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkF0PaDQJaY...feature=related

My english isn't good, I'm sorry
closedeyes.gif

Not a clue, but check that guy's videos, he did a whole bunch of "strip the girl" games. There's loads of images of them to be found on Pixiv as well; unfortunately, I don't see the originals getting much distribution, unless someone with a flashcart gets ahold of them.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time I click the miotool link on that site the page just reloads

just to make sure, it's one of these links, right?

wu3srn.jpg

if so, yeah, clicking those just reloads the page :x

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, those are the links. Try right-click and save target.

miotool lets you extract microgames from and insert them into a save, and mioedit lets you import/export graphics and edit the text portions on games that aren't locked.

Edit: FishmanP: Try looking at how the vegetable-choosing game in Ashley's shelf is constructed; that may help you with yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative