Hacking help with usb loader gx (no box art)

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i had to relist this thread as it was in the wrong section...

im having a nightmare of a time getting the box images to work on usb loader gx, when i use wbfs manager on my pc it shows all the box art when i highlight the game but when i pulug the HD back in to my wii thers no box art atall it gives me the option to download the box art but it just says something like box image missing,
in the settings on usb gx it says path sd:/images/ but thers nowt there and when i manually put them in that folder they dont show up??
can some1 help please

i absolutely love the homebrew on my wii and absolutely everything works for it emus/loaders homebrew games etc this is the only thing i cant get working

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i set it off to download box art on wii while on usb loader,
it takes ages to downloade (around 56 images) and then right at the end of the download it says no images found or something along those lines
it creates a image file on the sd but no images??
its baffling
can any

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I've already answered this for someone....let me search up what I said on wiihacks.com. Damnit, I searched 30 minutes and still can't find what I posted -.- Guess I have to start from scratch.......................................

Alright, so when you're using WBFS manager all it does is install the images on your comp in a folder (just check your documents folder) and that's how it reads it off of NOT YOUR HDD, if you were to erase all the images and turn off the "Download boxart images from web" it won't give you anything. Also, the same problem happens to me, I had to manually go to wiitdb.com to find everything I needed.

Here's a mini "tutorial" that I'll make up on the spot =D

EDIT: This "tutorial" is made up of 3 parts: How to download boxart images, disk images, and getting background music on your USB Loader GX. I recommend you read all since I spent 20 minutes on it, but your choice. Scroll down for everything, and MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU DO IT (if you don't it doesn't really affect your wii that much, but idk felt like saying it o.o)

To download boxart images:

1. Get a SD card (no waaaii =O)

2. Insert it into comp (sorry some other people that read this are idiots unfortunately)

3. Make a folder and name it ANYTHING YOU WANT (hell, it can be "pr0nz" for all I care) and put it ANYWHERE you would like (putting it on the root is easier to find). For this tutorial I will make a folder named "Images" (no you do not need to capitalize -.-) and I will put it onto the root of my SD card.

4. Go to http://wiitdb.com/Game/Search then type in your game name (type the english name in the EN box, alternatively you can just input the game code, but you won't be able to see other region's boxarts/disk images) then pick your region if you're a noob. Go to step 4a if you have just a little bit of common sense.

4a. CAUTION: ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE!!! If you're like me then you might care about how the boxart looks like on your loader, so I usually go for the best looking one instead of the original NTSC-U (which is only like 5% of the time, most boxarts are the same, or PAL is worse). So instead of clicking on NTSC-U I click on all the results and then see which one looks the best. The images always save in the correct game ID of that region, so if you're downloading a PAL cover because it looks cooler then make sure you just change the game ID to the region your ISO is NOT THE SYSTEM. Example: Super Smash Bros. Brawl NTSC-U's game ID is RSBE01 (know it by heart from texture hacking >.custom paths then go to the boxart images or something (can't tell you exact location, as my wii is currently shipped away for a case mod) and then go to the folder that you created, if I were to do this then I would go all the way INTO my "Images" folder.

8. Click save

9. Enjoy~

Getting disk images:

1. Created a folder and name it WHATEVER YOU WANT TO NAME IT then save it ANYWHERE. In this tutorial, I will name it "Disks" and put it into my "Images" folder.

2. Go to the site I gave you and then do the same crap, but instead of saving it into the "Images" folder you would save it into the folder you created. In my case, I would right click it, press "save as..." then save it into my "Disks" folder.

Note: You can get any region disk image you want, just as you can with the boxart images, just remember what I told you.

3. Start up USB Loader GX

4. Go to custom paths settings again and then for the disk images path go INSIDE your folder where you put the disk images. Example: If my folder was inside SD/Images/Disks then I would click (btw we are choosing the file path as of right now) "Images" then I would click "Disks". Same goes for boxart images, just forgot to say.

5. Enjoy~

P.S. INSERT YOUR SD CARD BEFORE YOU START USB LOADER GX (sorry, had to say)

EDIT: Was reluctant to post this before since you never asked but maybe you might want to know about it. So here you go, also credits to pepe81yoon of Tehparadox.com for first telling me about it. Much appreciated ^^

Guide on how to change background music:

1. Get a music file

2. Convert the file using Switch Sound File Converter (if you have another .ogg converter then that's fine, but just so you know it's freeware and has given me no problems) to .ogg format, if it's already in .ogg format then just leave it.

3. Taken from pepe81yoon himself: "Create a folder in the config section...should look like this.

SD:/config/backgroundmusic/

Stick that OGG file into the "backgroundmusic" folder and change settings in USB Loader GX. There you have it. Happy Christmas & Merry New Year!!!"

4. EDIT: Start up USB Loader GX (disregard what he said about the settings, unless you have enough common sense to figure out what he means, for those that don't continue on)

5. (I am not sure of this step as I am doing this by memory and can't go to my wii as of right now, as you probably know why, but here it goes) Go to settings, then to sound, then put the volume up to 100 (if you like it loud and clear ;D) and then switch the music of the games off (this is the sound you hear when you load up the games and it plays a sound as if it was playing from the disk channel. For exmaple, if you load up "Okami" there will be a sound that says "Okami" when you start to load up the game and the disk starts spinning) if you don't want the music to be disrupted by annoying disk channel game sounds (like the continuous idiotic blabbering of Rayman Raving Rabbids: Rabbids Go Home ~.~) then click on the top option (It should say backgroundmusic.ogg or default.ogg or something like that, this is basically the music file of what the default music is in case you ever want to change it) and then click on the song you downloaded.

6. Enjoy~

Note:

-Length of song does not matter
-Sound file name does not matter (name it YoMomma.ogg for all I care), although make it so that you can tell what song it is
-If you know how to shuffle the songs then PM me
-You can download as many songs as you wish onto your SD Card and play a different background music everyday (this has not been proven but I'm assuming you can)

That's about it. Also, if people are having problems with setting up the music settings then post it in this thread and I'll update it if I have time. Or you can wait, then once my Wii comes back I can revise it to be 99.99999999999999% accurate steps (I don't believe in 100% probabilities =P).

Hope I helped ^^

EDIT: Dam I love this "Edit" button lolz XD, anyway google Switch Sound File Converter if you don't know where to download. Too lazy to post a link =P And yet I'm not lazy to write this 20 minute "guide" o.O

Things I forgot to mention:

-If there's a problem downloading the game covers and you're still not seeing images, make sure to check that your game ID is right for YOUR ISO not YOUR WII!! When it saves it should look like "RSBE01" NOT "[RSBE01]" just delete the brackets if it saves like that. -thanks to stickybit for noticing that

-If the link is down, which it never is for me o.O just use Wiitdb.com same crap, also, if you look around this site (or was it wiihacks.com....always getting the 2 mixed up >.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If all covers for loaders are interchangeable then I have a way of getting the covers you need for the games you have or for every game cover available in the wiitdb.txt

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
to christoph...
ok i tried what you said with the covers they are on the sd card in the right folder and the path is set to the right directory
but the images are still not showing up
i cant understand it it made sure i had the correct region etc

EDIT
FINALLY got it to work
i noticed on every game cover/image ther was a number in brackets at the end of the game ID you need to delete the brackets and number, only then will the HD recognise it
a bit of trial and error but got ther in the end
thanks to christoph for taking the time to help me out
wink.gif

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lolz it's chris but anyway um that's weird.....did you add the brackets? Because it always saves for me without brackets. =/ Sorry about that >.<

And good job!! Most people just quit and say screw "trail and error", alright, I'll edit the mini "tutorial" to include your info. Also, anyone figure out how to get the music shuffling yet >__________

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey chris 1 other thing regarding the usb loader
when i select a game to play and it brings up the disc thers always a star just to the left of the disc
which i can click on but what does it do?

also just a liitle thing here when i select usb loader gx from the homebrew channel thers more options etc and the game music plays when
i pick a game but when i select usb loader from the wii menu its slightly different thers less option and no game music and no homebrew
icon? its like thers 2 different versions iv tried updating but its still the same??

cheers

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your first question: The stars indicates your own rating of the game, it really does nothing and is just for fun. If you look on top you should see that there are different icons and think there are 3 options to sort your games by, I usually do in alphabetical order but if you click on "sort by favorites" then the games that have 5 stars will be on top, followed by 4 stars, then 3, etc.).

For your second question: I'm guessing your homebrew channel one is a different version (maybe v1.0 or something) USB Loader and the wii menu one is different too (v.9 or something). Basically, it's like saying if I had Wii Dumper 1.2 on my wii menu and Wii dumper 1.4 on my SD card.

So, just delete the channel on your wii menu and use a fowarder instead. That way, you can just easily update if there's ever a new program for it, plus there's a nice background while you're waiting for it to load =D You'll find the fowarder on the main USB Loader site. In case you didn't know, a fowarder is an app, if you will, that will go look for the program it was made for (bad explanation I know, senior wii hackers go easy on me >.

stickybit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks mate
its people like you who make these forums a pleasure

hey chris do you think the dop-ios mod is a good way to update to 4.2? im on 3.2e so its a big leap isnt it,
im on wanonkos rev 14 will any of this cause complications?
right now my wii couldnt be running any better it plays anything i throw at it so its a big risk... to me anyway

lu1chy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Christopho said:
Lolz it's chris but anyway um that's weird.....did you add the brackets? Because it always saves for me without brackets. =/ Sorry about that >.<

And good job!! Most people just quit and say screw "trail and error", alright, I'll edit the mini "tutorial" to include your info. Also, anyone figure out how to get the music shuffling yet >__________

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny