Status
Not open for further replies.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am writing this in hopes that people will quit making new threads for the same question. "I can't sync my wiimote in _____ situation."

So before you ask any questions, at least give this a read.

As of Dec, 31 2009, there is no homebrew for the wii that allows you to sync Wiimotes while it is running. You must be in the System Menu, a Wii game, or a official (licensed by nintendo) channel. In order for a wiimote to work properly in homebrew, it must be fully synced to th wii. This means it needs to be done with the red buttons on the wii (by the sd card slot) and the red button on the back of the wiimote. Please see the owners manual or nintendo.com for instructions about how to do that. If you do the 1+2 sync, that is temporary. It will work only for official nintendo shit. If you fully sync a wiimote to your wii, and then sync it to another wii, it will not work right on your wii until you resync it.

So now that you know that shit, and you have quit trying to connect a wiimote, there are sometimes when you have found yourself blocked out of your wii because you cannot sync your wiimote. There still is a way to get back to your wii. Notice how all of the following aim to start something that is an official licensed by Nintendo program. This is your main goal. Once you get there, do the red-button-full-sync we just went over....

if you have bootmii at boot2, or you have a preloader that is already set to autoboot bootmii IOS...
This means that when you turn your wii on, there will be a sequence of events that automatically happens and ends up with bootmii running before there is ever a time when you are required to enter any input. If this is the case, you can have bootmii run any title/channel that is already installed on the wii. What you will need to do is...

if you have bootmii at boot2 do not have preloader stopping the system menu from starting, you can find the bootmii ini file on the SD crd and have it autoboot the system menu. Otherwise, you can put a # infront of the autoboot line and it will be ignored. Then make sure you have armboot.bin on the sd card (this must be mini as made by teamTwiizers and not some other program). Then if you have an existing ppcboot.elf, rename it to anything you want, and put another ppcboot.elf in its place that will load a specific title that you already have installed on the wii. Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?zfzdmxyn02d) is a archive I have made for some of the official NTSC titles... shop channel, mii channel etc. This will have mini load boot2 and patch it to directly boot the channel.

if you turn on the wii and get stuck at preloader or any variation of it (and dont have bootmii at boot2)...
You will need to use anything that the wii sees as a gamecube controller. There is no way around it. You can buy one and take it back to the store when you're done, borrow one from a friend, get a DDR dancemat, etc. Once you get the necessary controller, just tell preloader to start the System Menu.

In crediar's preloader, there is no way around this. And he has stopped development. There are people making preloaders based on his, and I suggest that they add a timeout or "hold eject to boot the system menu" failsafe.

if you have set preloader to autoboot some other homebrew (and dont have bootmii at boot2)...
This assumes that when you turn on the wii, it starts preloader, and preloader is set to autoboot some homebrew program and then you get stuck at that program. You really have a couple options here, depending on what the specific homebrew is you are autobooting...

If preloader is set to autoboot a dol which is a forwarder channel, you can replace the dol which is the target of the forwarder with one that will a disc. I suggest you get tinyload (which is a little elf that boots the dvd drive) and put it in the directory that your forwarder channel is pointing to. Now, when you turn your wii on, you will get the following...

boot2->0x1/0x2(preloader)->the forwarder dol "installed" to preloader->tinyload->whatever is in the dvd drive

Similarly, you can make a simple dol which boots a channel on the wii. You can make a dol linked with libogc which calls "WII_LaunchTitle(u64 title);" where title is a channel that is already on your wii. The first u32 should be 00010002 (for the shitty nintendo titles like weather channel) or 00010001 for wiiware/virtual console. The second u32 of title will be the ID4 if the channel converted to HEX. So WII_LaunchTitle(0x0001000248414241ll); will start the HABA title. This will work like the boot2/ppcboot.elf method, and will work like the following...

boot2->0x1/0x2(preloader)->the forwarder dol "installed" to preloader->dol which boots an official channel->official channel

If you get stuck at some homebrew that you CAN direct input to. Just tell that homebrew to exit to the system menu or boot some game or channel.

If none of the above apply, just hold reset when you turn on the wii and refer to "if you have set preloader to autoboot some other homebrew (and dont have bootmii at boot2)..." above.

My wiimote works fine until I start some homebrew...
Read above about the 1+2 temporary sync.

I have a modchip that can be set to autoboot or some other way to autoboot a game...
Just autoboot a game.

My wiimote works for some homebrew, but not all of it...
That's because not all homebrew supports it. Any app using mini will not. There is no USB and/or bluetooth support in mini, so its out the window. There are also "GC Fix" versions of some programs. These were written to be used with a GC compatible controller.

I can start some homebrew with the wiimote synced, then the wiimote desyncs
probably you have just told that program to use a IOS which is a stub. or the program has loaded into a stub IOS without asking you. this means the IOS in you wii is non-functional. and the most common IOS here is IOS249. refer to one of the many guides is the stickies or the rest of the internet for removing stub IOSes.

If anybody has corrections, other suggestions (that are more efficient), or any cases I have missed please feel free to add them.

ZoomStop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me be the first to say THANK YOU! I was going to start a new topic but found this though a search. I had de-synced both my controllers doing a softmod on another system and was pulling my hair out. There is a foor of snow on the ground and don't want to drive to gamespot for a GC controller and my kids will freak if it is down since tomorrow will likely be a snow day.
But your ppcboot method was awesome and did the trick. So thanks again!

jw2000uk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Been reading through this.

And this is what i get,

if you turn on the wii and get stuck at preloader or any variation of it (and dont have bootmii at boot2)...

My problem is i cant find a boot.dol that will take me to the weather channel for instance.And if i convert a .elf to .dol it wont work then wither,even if it doesnt destroy the file.

I tried the tinyload, but that wasnt .dol??

Any ideas of a file i can use.

Cheers lads.

Reactions: Fudgie

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I had problems syncing both my wiimotes in system menu and in-game yesterday (muscle-march). Weird eh...

But I don't see how Nintendo could block synching in homebrew from Dec, 31 2009. I don't think Nintendo released any system updates around then.

Is there any evidence for this? (I might have missed something)

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo has not released any updates to block syncing wiimotes. it simply has never been possible. your wiimote must be synced correctly before you start the homebrew. there is no way to put the wii into "bluetooth search mode" or whatever you want to call it in libogc. so this would have to be specifically coded into an app, and not just linked in with the libogc. and i guess nobody has figured it out.

@jw2000
please read the first post carefully.
if you turn on the wii and get stuck at preloader or any variation of it (and dont have bootmii at boot2) you need a GC controller. No dol or other program will will help you.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying about Nintendo not being able to block controllers from syncing and whatnot, but let me explain a problem I ran into that I can't explain.

I have 1 white controller that came with our wii that syncs up fine and stays synced up with no problems.
Last week I bought the new black controller that comes with the wii motion plus adapter and if I have that controller synced up as player 1 (blue finger) it loses sync as soon as USB loader fires up. (I don't have the motion plus adapter attached either)

If it is synced up as player 2, then it loses sync. if its synced up as player 1, it loses sync.

I have to make sure that my white controller is synced up as player one if I want to use my USB Loader....guess Nintendo is racist? lol (just a joke!)

Just a side note, my brother has the same issue with his black controller. We sync them up via red buttons on the wii as player one, fire up USB Loader, and it immediately loses sync and won't sync back up again until we leave the loader.....white controllers have NO problem!

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like your wiis are racist. are you in alabama?
but anyways, does this only happen in programs using a cIOS? if so, is it every program using that same IOS? i don't own a black wiimote (maybe im racist), but i'd like to mess around and see exactly causes it to unsyncify.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting from PriiLoader to HBC still allows you to use the Wiimote so that in turn allows you to use the Wiimote in homebrew. (Not sure about Preloader)

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are able to boot HBC and have a wiimote synced and boot other homebrew, then there is no reason to use any of this. this is for people who don't have a wiimote working with their wii.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I was just adding to the problem solving of getting the Wiimote to work with things w/o going through the System Menu.

jw2000uk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
@jw2000
please read the first post carefully.
if you turn on the wii and get stuck at preloader or any variation of it (and dont have bootmii at boot2) you need a GC controller. No dol or other program will will help you.

Ahh i see, Thanks for the update m8.

Just one more question, Does it have to be a GC pad, or is the wii classic pad ok.

BTW I would thing your info should be a sticky, As i searched for 2-3 hours until this told me what i needed to know.

kampang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont hold the sync buttons !

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=202837&hl=

smile.gif

durandal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An additional (and easy) way to sync remotes for those people with priiloader 0.3+ which is commonly used (Note - i do not mean preloader, but priiloader).

1) turn on the wii and press and hold reset quickly to get into the priiloader menu
2) do NOT touch any remote - they need to be unsynced
3) wait 15 seconds
4) press reset on the wii

5) the system menu will load and you can sync the remotes using the sync buttons.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy