Country
Brazil
Scans from Game Informer are out!
biggrin.gif

details:
QUOTE said:
- Mickey's appearance is much, much closer to his original debut style
- Disney was the one to approach Spector
- Spector originally was against the idea of creating a Mickey game, because he said that he didn't do kids games
- Spector changed his mind when Disney said that they were looking for someone to 'reinvigorate' Mickey
- Disney had to get back the rights to Oswald before he could be used in this game
- the sorcerer Yensid creates a pen-and-paper world for his forgotten creations, which is where Oswald lives
- this world is similar to Walt Disney World
- Mickey enters this world through a magic mirror, and accidentally spills paint and paint thinner on the drawing of this world. Mickey escapes before Yensid finds out.
- The spill that Mickey caused ends up turning the drawing into a twisted version of what was originally created.
- the Phantom Blot ends up taking over this world
- many years later, after Mickey becomes successful, he re-enters the mirror and sees what has happened to the world. The Phantom Blot drags Mickey into the world, which is where your adventure begins
- use the Wiimote to paint in buildings, platforms and more
- swipe away enemies with the Wiimote when using paint thinner
- create/destroy the world as you go along
- Junction Point took hundreds of photos while at Disney World in order to capture the essence of the park, and translate ideas into the game
- play the game as you like, either destroying everything in sight, or taking the hero's route. It's completely up to you, and you can mix-and-match play styles
- Gremlin Village is reminiscent of 'It's a Small World'
- Mickey's appearance and stance will change based on the way you play the game
- trade some items for health
- Pete returns, and at one point attacks you with a huge zepplin
- Donald Duck animatronic pieces are scattered throughout one portion of the game. Collect them to put him back together.
- Spector wants this game to scare kids, in some ways
- the game will also have funny parts
- Spector calls the game world's visuals 'the bastard child of Tim Burton and Disney'
- elements of platforming, exploration and role-playing
- go into the inner-workings of some levels and rides
- visit the gears and mechanics underneath the 'It's a Small World' ride, complete with an eerie re-imagining of the music
- enter movie screens to move from in-game island to island
- movie screen transitions put you into a 2d world, where you'll revisit some of Mickey's old cartoons
- find sketches, and bring them to life with your paintbrush
- sketches can be activated to give you new powers (clock sketch to slow time, TV sketch to distract enemies, and more)
- collect 'E-Tickets' to enter rides, and use as a form of currency to buy power-ups
- Jim Dooley 'Pushing Daises' is doing the soundtrack

source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=100611

scans:
Scan%201.jpg
Scan%203.jpg

Scan%204.jpg
Scan%205.jpg

Scan%206.jpg
Scan%207.jpg

Scan%208.jpg
Scan%209.jpg

Scan%2010.jpg

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
It's pretty far from the concept art that leaked. I was expecting something more stylized but it's good enough IMO, reminds of Psychonauts.

And the game concept and ideas all sound great.

Anyway, the game is dated for Fall 2010.. a lot of stuff could be changed.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mmmh, looks weird, will the game really look like that? am a lil bit disappointed, expected a setting which is dark and gloomey, though the pictures don't show a setting that is typical for mickey maus games this setting looks more colorfull than dark or obscure. hope at least the gameplay will be fine

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
I can see this being a hit despite the slight graphical disappointment. The gameplay seems to look good.

The environments look cool, but the character models look meh. Seems like finally a good use of the Disney license, outside of possibly KH (even though the game could've been better without the characters).

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Color me disappointed. I knew I was hyping it way too high but I really needed something to be excited for once. That environments look okay. No where near as epic as the art. The characters dont look like they match the environment. And I'm not digging the mickey model. I love old school Mickey but that doesn't suit me. I'll still hold out some hope though.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks really mediocre, just what I would expect from anything attached to Disney. Though the exceptional concept art did spark my interest these shots have done an adequate job of squelching that.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, I don't see WHAT people are complaining about. To be totally fair, the original concept art looked a little TOO scary for the target audience. I see nothing wrong with the graphics. You people haven't seen any clean scans OR what it looks like in motion. And people need to stop being such graphics whores anyways. Graphics are the least of your problems. Who cares what it looks like? You should be wondering what it plays like.

I don't knock Disney because 1- they make KH games, and 2- there was one time when Disney games were loved and highly anticipated. I'm referring to the Magical Quest trilogy, Mickey Mania, and the Illusion series. Not to mention they had some of the only GOOD movie based games back in the SNES days. I'll give them a chance, they deserve it at least for trying to deviate from the shovelware and Hannah Montana.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I see nothing wrong with the graphics. You people haven't seen any clean scans OR what it looks like in motion. And people need to stop being such graphics whores anyways. Graphics are the least of your problems. Who cares what it looks like? You should be wondering what it plays like.

I don't have anything bad to say about the graphics in particular. I think the problem with the scans are the mood and atmosphere they portray; both of which are far from "epic".

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Mickey enters this world through a magic mirror," scares me. I was thinking it would be something like the original Mickey platformers but hey maybe it still will be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo