Hacking My M3i Zero Review :)

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes there's a couple of reviews already but here is mine .....

....Ok so my M3 ZERO review card arrived today!!!.....

Here's My own review ...

note:- (LOTS OF IMAGES to follow so dial up users BEWARE may take some time loading!!!)

First some screen shots ......

FRONT of card in package

75Box_Front.jpg

BACK of package

15Box_Back.jpg

Unboxing the card It comes with a Mini Usb Card Reader / Update Cable and Dsi/Dsl/Ds Flash card

73reader_card_cable.jpg

52reader_card_cable_back.jpg

Mini Card reader

75Mini_sd_reader.jpg

It Also comes with the All new Usb Hardware Update Cable

(It probably has a cool fangled dongle type name but I just called it a Hardware Update Cable as thats what it does!)

39update_cable.jpg

FRONT of card

29card_front.jpg

BACK of card

87card_rear.jpg

No instructions included no disk .... so you will need to goto the M3 website or other site such as this to download the latest Dat

(Hardware update file) and Loader Kernel files for Sakura/Touchpod.

Main M3 website www.m3adapter.com

Handheld Sources website (M3 updates and Kernels) Link

Linfoxdomain Loader Archives link

Official guide on Handheld Sources link

How to load the Core data file to update the cards hardware..... as follows (Note this is a one time action unless The M3 Zero

has been blocked by a Dsi Firmware update!) ........

First Download this file Link @ Handheld Sources

1. unpack the zip file with winzip/winrar/winace whatever you use and you will see this file ...

12FCORE_DAT.jpg

Now copy and paste or drag the F_core.dat , onto your mem cards root folder. (Note: this is the first folder you see when you

open your mem card in MYCOMPUTER!)

85DRAG_THE_DAT.jpg

(note your icon may look different ..my dat files are associated with a burn program I use so looks like a disk so long as the file

name is the same you have the correct file!)

2) Once this file is copied over you can put your mem card into your M3i ZERO card.

3) Connect the Hardware update cable into the M3i ZERO card ... you do this with the metallic shiney edge of the connector side

upwards (there is a handy guide Arrow

D

Deleted User

I didn't think you had to setup Sakura. I thought you just chose it at first boot.

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saturnplanet5 said:
I didn't think you had to setup Sakura. I thought you just chose it at first boot.

If You download the FULL DSM encoder Pack ( its a bit like BATCH DPG interface) ...but also as well as being able to encode to DSM movie files it has an inbuilt installer to install the system files straight to your card ..once you have the SYSTEM files on your mem card when you boot it up in the M3 REAL or M3i Zero card then you can select SAKURA or TOUCH POD loaders as its a now a DUAL boot loader ...this is from about version 1.33 Upwards
smile.gif

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anaxs said:
i never used a m3 b4 and 1 question
cant u jusrt download sakura and put it in the card and then play games or u have to do all that

1 more question
where do u get that dsm movie encoder

You Can download the Sakura System files just as a folder full of files called System if someone shares just that folder ...But ... this is how M3 team are now bundling Sakura/Touchpod combined loader with the DSM tools as the installer
smile.gif

DSM tools comes as part of the pack of M3Sakura System and PC tools or files of the 1.40 Sakura installer that's on the handheld sources website mentioned and linked to in my review
smile.gif

note also mentioned that the main loader/kernel files of M3 REAL and M3i ZERO are the same you can take out your premade card of files and loaders from your M3 REAL and use them straight in the M3i ZERO card (I've done exactly that with my M3 REAL 8gb card after I did the review
smile.gif

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anaxs said:
so i can use a m3 firmware instaed of sakura
( download the firmware from m3 site )

Its a DUAL loader you can switch between Sakura and Touchpod you just choose one to use to begin with!......... From then on if you need to switch loaders just turn on your ds and hold down the (A) button it will bring up the selection menu that gives you the choice of which one to boot into.....Once chosen it will stick with that loader until you decide to turn it on again with the (A) button held down
smile.gif

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a few questions about the M3zero i I'm reposting here at the suggestion of other users, since I haven't gotten an answer looking through your (very well-written) review. Hopefully someone here can help.

1. In Touchpod, I can't figure out how to bring up each games menu. From what I've read in manuals and searching for help, hitting "A" on the game should bring up a menu with options - such as the cheat option. However when I do this on the most recent firmware from their site, the game just starts. "Y" just asks if I want to load a GBA game. No menu at all. So now I can't figure out how to even activate the cheats for any given game.

2. Also in Touchpod, in my games folder, I see all the files; .nds and .sav files. This is frustrating because I have to sift through all the .sav files to find the actual games. On my R4 which I used with my DSl, the folder only displayed the .nds files. Is there any way to make the .sav files invisible? They seem to have to be all in the same folder for the saves to be recognised.

3. I'm trying to get Sakura (v 1.40) to work which may solve some of the issues I'm having with Touchpod above. Again, I just downloaded the most recent version and when I chose to use it, it sits stuck on the loading screen. I've looked but can't figure out where the issue or conflict is...any ideas?

kobykaan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buchichu said:
I've got a few questions about the M3zero i I'm reposting here at the suggestion of other users, since I haven't gotten an answer looking through your (very well-written) review. Hopefully someone here can help.

1. In Touchpod, I can't figure out how to bring up each games menu. From what I've read in manuals and searching for help, hitting "A" on the game should bring up a menu with options - such as the cheat option. However when I do this on the most recent firmware from their site, the game just starts. "Y" just asks if I want to load a GBA game. No menu at all. So now I can't figure out how to even activate the cheats for any given game.

2. Also in Touchpod, in my games folder, I see all the files; .nds and .sav files. This is frustrating because I have to sift through all the .sav files to find the actual games. On my R4 which I used with my DSl, the folder only displayed the .nds files. Is there any way to make the .sav files invisible? They seem to have to be all in the same folder for the saves to be recognised.

3. I'm trying to get Sakura (v 1.40) to work which may solve some of the issues I'm having with Touchpod above. Again, I just downloaded the most recent version and when I chose to use it, it sits stuck on the loading screen. I've looked but can't figure out where the issue or conflict is...any ideas?

ok sorry for the delay in response but here goes

there is a massive thread here of FAQ for the M3 REAL including a detailed rundown of features/options etc
smile.gif

the latest version of sakura is 1.41 and is featured in the M3 section and available from the handheld sources website
smile.gif

re: hiding other files In Sakura to hide save files/unsupported files just press START in your folder of games to bring up the system menu ..Scroll down to GUI settings and press A then check the box in the menu that comes up to HIDE UNSUPPORTED FILES and also check the box to Hide File name Extensions you will now see only your game files and no NDS extension
smile.gif

In TouchPod to hide save files all games and saves MUST be in a folder called NDS and then it will hide them
smile.gif

To load the games in TouchPod that are now stored in the NDS folder just click on the old style GBA console icon
62Gameboy_Advance_purple.jpg
on the far left of the menu this will bring up all your NDS files without their respective saves
smile.gif

If your having trouble with Sakura loading I suggest backup all your games and saves and media etc that are not part of the system folder etc and reformat your mem card and start over
smile.gif

best method of installation is to download the full installer ...most recent release on handheldsources website is

M3Sakura System and PC tools(23-08-2009)

Download and install this and use it to install/copy your files over to your micro sd (refer to my guide in my review how to do this) and then check see if it works
smile.gif

xenon2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing you missed in your review of the iZero. Which you might not have thought to mention if you haven't used the DS Real or DS Simply. I just got the iZero and now I wish I didn't. I use a DS Lite and the DS Simply and Real load straight into the Boot loader menu, iSakura or whatever else you try to use.

But the iZero does not. It loads the Nintendo start screen, have to touch screen or press A, and then you have to choose Slot 1 to load your boot loader! Very annoying coming from automatic slot 1 booting with the DS Real and DS Simply. I wish M3 Adapter would have mentioned this difference, I wish reviews would have mentioned this, I wish it was mentioned anywhere!

Maybe I am missing something. But I doubt it. I can take the same micro SDHC card with iSakura 1.45 and use it in the Real or the iZero and it auto boots in the Real and does not in the iZero. Lame. I have to see if RealHotStuff will let me exchange it. Even at my expense for shipping. Arg.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xenon2000 said:
One thing you missed in your review of the iZero. Which you might not have thought to mention if you haven't used the DS Real or DS Simply. I just got the iZero and now I wish I didn't. I use a DS Lite and the DS Simply and Real load straight into the Boot loader menu, iSakura or whatever else you try to use.

But the iZero does not. It loads the Nintendo start screen, have to touch screen or press A, and then you have to choose Slot 1 to load your boot loader! Very annoying coming from automatic slot 1 booting with the DS Real and DS Simply. I wish M3 Adapter would have mentioned this difference, I wish reviews would have mentioned this, I wish it was mentioned anywhere!

Maybe I am missing something. But I doubt it. I can take the same micro SDHC card with iSakura 1.45 and use it in the Real or the iZero and it auto boots in the Real and does not in the iZero. Lame. I have to see if RealHotStuff will let me exchange it. Even at my expense for shipping. Arg.
BIG DEAL!!! Two more button presses! Why are you making such a fuss over no autoboot. Besides, your MicroSDHC card problem is unrelated to the MicroSD. It's the bootloader on the card itself that autoboots. The Zero doesn't autoboot because it's a DSi cart
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

xenon2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
xenon2000 said:

BIG DEAL!!! Two more button presses! Why are you making such a fuss over no autoboot. Besides, your MicroSDHC card problem is unrelated to the MicroSD. It's the bootloader on the card itself that autoboots. The Zero doesn't autoboot because it's a DSi cart
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Sorry, but the iZero listed by M3 as a DS, DS Lite, and DSi cart. Not just a DSi cart. If it said just DSi, I would not have bought it. If they mentioned, or if anyone mentioned that it didn't do autoboot, I would have saved the $10 and just gotten a 2nd DS Real to replace my DS Simply on my 2nd DS Lite. If I had a DSi and this was the only option, then I wouldn't be complaining about no autoboot. But I don't have and don't plan on buying a DSi ever since I have 2 DS Lites that work fine. And so I thought I would buy the DS iZero because it was the latest and had a firmware upgrade option for the future. But I would have just saved myself $10 and kept autoboot on the 2nd DS Lite if ANYONE had mentioned this significant difference that has been around since the DS Simply. Sorry if you like no autoboot. But it's a feature that I wouldn't mind saving $10 to have that feature back.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xenon2000 said:

thats because the boot loader on the real is different

I think no DSi card auto boots (judging by everyone bitching and moaning about boot icons from various cards) I dont even have a DSi so have no idea

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
that doesnt really make it annoying, it makes it easier for tyou..if u think about it, on other cards u would have to take the card out if u wanted to ds download play or picto chat..with this feature u dont have to do that, u could just keep your card in and select it whenever you want

xenon2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
that doesnt really make it annoying, it makes it easier for tyou..if u think about it, on other cards u would have to take the card out if u wanted to ds download play or picto chat..with this feature u dont have to do that, u could just keep your card in and select it whenever you want

True, but with the less than 1% of picto chat and download play, I would rather eject the card. Everyone calls this a DSi cart. But I thought that since it was being called a DS, DS Lite and DSi cart, that it was all three. And not specifically a DSi cart with the ability to work on the DS Lite. I have never used a DSi and I don't plan to. But this is a significant difference that should be noted on the M3 Adapter site as well as reseller sites. Because it's an obvious difference from the DS Simply and Real.

At this point, I don't see how the iZero does anything for me that the Real couldn't do on my DS Lite. I was trying to try something new, but I see that with the DS Lite, there is no reason to use the Zero. So if RealHotStuff won't exchange it, I will just sell it on Craigslist and buy a 2nd DS Real.

Just thought I would post here in case others wanted more info that I did not find before my purchase. And also to see if there was some tweak to change it. Since this card as the ability to flash different firmwares, it seems like they should have a DSi, DS, DSL firmware and a DS/DS Lite only firmware. That way DS Lite users can have autoboot when not used in a DSi. Seems like the perfect excuse for flashing firmware.

Anyway. I am glad DSi users have a good cart to use and I love my DS Simply and DS Real. But I see no reason to have spent $10 extra to lose autoboot when that is what I like 99.99% of the time. Thanks for confirming that this behavior is by design and unchangeable.

Anyone in Phoenix, AZ want to buy a new iZero locally?
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no reason

if you read any of the various reviews
its the same exact thing as the m3 real except works on DSi and can have a new kernel installed

nothing else

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xenon2000 said:
anaxs said:

True, but with the less than 1% of picto chat and download play, I would rather eject the card. Everyone calls this a DSi cart. But I thought that since it was being called a DS, DS Lite and DSi cart, that it was all three. And not specifically a DSi cart with the ability to work on the DS Lite. I have never used a DSi and I don't plan to. But this is a significant difference that should be noted on the M3 Adapter site as well as reseller sites. Because it's an obvious difference from the DS Simply and Real.

At this point, I don't see how the iZero does anything for me that the Real couldn't do on my DS Lite. I was trying to try something new, but I see that with the DS Lite, there is no reason to use the Zero. So if RealHotStuff won't exchange it, I will just sell it on Craigslist and buy a 2nd DS Real.

Just thought I would post here in case others wanted more info that I did not find before my purchase. And also to see if there was some tweak to change it. Since this card as the ability to flash different firmwares, it seems like they should have a DSi, DS, DSL firmware and a DS/DS Lite only firmware. That way DS Lite users can have autoboot when not used in a DSi. Seems like the perfect excuse for flashing firmware.

Anyway. I am glad DSi users have a good cart to use and I love my DS Simply and DS Real. But I see no reason to have spent $10 extra to lose autoboot when that is what I like 99.99% of the time. Thanks for confirming that this behavior is by design and unchangeable.

Anyone in Phoenix, AZ want to buy a new iZero locally?
smile.gif

well, i guess ur right

xenon2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
there is no reason

its the same exact thing as the m3 real except works on DSi and can have a new kernel installed

nothing else

I did read the reviews before buying. And I thought the option to use it on a DSi and the kernel updating sounded worth the $10 more. But no one even mentioned that autoboot would be lost. I am not trying to win a debate. There is no debate. I just wish I knew about this significant difference so I would have just saved the $10 and bought a 2nd Real. So now I know and hopefully others see this info and know the difference to be informed. I have been using these carts since the G6 before the DS Simply. So it's not like I am new at this. Just want to know the facts. Thanks.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xenon2000 said:
Joe88 said:
there is no reason

nothing else

I did read the reviews before buying. And I thought the option to use it on a DSi and the kernel updating sounded worth the $10 more. But no one even mentioned that autoboot would be lost. I am not trying to win a debate. There is no debate. I just wish I knew about this significant difference so I would have just saved the $10 and bought a 2nd Real. So now I know and hopefully others see this info and know the difference to be informed. I have been using these carts since the G6 before the DS Simply. So it's not like I am new at this. Just want to know the facts. Thanks.
But what is the big deal about having to press the A button two more times?!?!? The company will probably make you pay for return shipping so it probably isn't worth returning it. Also, in a previous post you called the M3i a "DSi cart with the ability to work on a DS lite". Actually, it's the other way around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs