OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.mediafire.com/?jtmjg1nmi0c
Yeah that's the patch link
I'm doing too much work for something that's gonna be out in a few months so I'm just wrapping everything up and releasing what I have. It's not even looked over, so if there is a typo or anything, just ignore it.

Make sure you have the latest .NET framework, or it won't work. So if you are a mac user, try whatever you can to get it to work.

Patching is now REALLY self explanatory. Now all you need to do is load the rom and press patch. Really easy. Just wait for the patching to finish up, and a new patched rom will form.
The fix is already applied so don't even worry about that.

In case some people need a noob friendly solution to patching:
1.Install the Microsoft.NET framework here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx
Yes, I'm talking about fully installing. Don't just download the setup.exe and stuff it in my documents. That means you execute it and follow the directions so you actually install it into your computer. If it tells you to reboot, there's a reason why it told you to. Reboot! .NET = no mac, no linux, no android, just forget it.
2.Download the patch here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jtmjg1nmi0c
It's a site with the download link. Just read what it tells you to do and download it.
3.Place a clean, unpatched, untrimmed, unfixed ROM in a folder.
Clean means unedited. Unpatched means that the ROM was never patched. Untrimmed means that the ROM is still 256MB and wasn't trimmed by any tool or utility.
4.Next, open the executable file or KH Patcher.exe
Remember, double click to execute the KHPatcher.exe unless you are using some fucked up OS or you are clueless about running your Windows. Go read your computer manual when you have no clue.
5.Click Select ROM.
It's a button on the exe. And don't just click it, actually select your unpatched ROM.
6.Click Apply Patch.
Yeah, this is also a button right below the Select ROM.
7.Wait for the green bar to load.
Note: it may be a different color depending on your computer, so don't panic.
8.Place the patched ROM on your card.
A NEW ROM will be made in the process that actually says "_PATCHED," indicating that it is the patched ROM. The original ROM is still the same and untouched!!!
and by card, I'm talking about your flashcard, or more specifically, the microSD that inserts into the slot in your flashcard!

Screens below:
kh2.png
kh3.png
kh.png

kh5-1.png
kh6.png

L

lilkerv90210

DarthNemesis should be reading this seeing that hes the one of the best when it comes to translations

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, looks promising and it's only been 2 days since it came out? Cool beans, look forward to your work, let me know if you need any beta testers! I have both a Cyclo Evo and an Acekard 2i.

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just having the menu, items, tutorials and missions translated would be a great help. Seeing it develop into a full-blown translation would be nice, too, but please just do what you can. Great to know someone is giving it a shot. Thanks, and good luck.

ssjkiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant belive someone is already working on this, well im game! ill help out anyway i can! ill google translate everything! even the story script! LOL

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Requios said:
Seeing it develop into a full-blown translation would be nice, too
As nice as it would be, it's not gonna happen. He has already stated this is just a mini-translation, and it's enough already that he's translating the menus and such. There is no need for him to waste his time on translating the story when the game will be coming out in Europe withing 6 months.

QUOTE(ssjkiego @ May 31 2009, 12:06 AM) ill google translate everything! even the story script! LOL
He doesn't want that. Google translations are wrong 80% of the time and they just end up making things worse.

squall_alpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I might be a n00b here but I know my s*** lol

I pm'ed you psyco, hope I found what you're looking for
If you need any help in locating something else please tell us!
Besides, if you happen to need someone to help you with massive texts like the descriptions of panels or missions or maybe even days summaries I'm here!

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Requios said:
Seeing it develop into a full-blown translation would be nice, too
As nice as it would be, it's not gonna happen. He has already stated this is just a mini-translation, and it's enough already that he's translating the menus and such. There is no need for him to waste his time on translating the story when the game will be coming out in Europe withing 6 months.

Either way, I'm sure someone will end up translating the script and posting it on Gamefaqs or elsewhere, within two months. And I already know it's not gonna become a full translation. However, you never know if someone else might translate the script and implement it. Especially seeing as several of KH and KH2's translations were thrown off by Disney/Squenix NA.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its people like you man that put a smile on my face. Not because im gonna now be able to play this game in English soon, but the fact that this game is coming out in English, and still you put time and effort in working up a translation. I appreciate your hard work, seriously, and if it wasn't for people like you, not specifically translators, i would have left this place ages ago. Thanks for everything you have given this community.

P.S looks great
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...