Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Install Bootmii v2 as an IOS
2. Install HBC (Bootmii package) once its done reboot the wii and remove the sd
3. Save your Bootmii installation you got on the sd and replace that whit
Cboot2 already compiled (thx to WiiBlaster for the compiled version )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MG0CQUIK
If that dosen't work try to compile yourself by using this link : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156199
4.make a wad folder on the root of the sd
5.try to find the LU64 fix and put the IOS16.wad file in you wad folder
6.now make an app folder in your sd root and copy the LU64iOS folder in it (from the lu64 fix again )
7.Now start your wii , go in HBC , press home then run bootmii
8.you should get a 10 sec black sreen then it open Wad manager
9.Install the IOS16.wad
10.restart your wii after it done
11.Go to HBC and install LU64iOS now
12.Your done , you can now install backup loader etc..

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, the precompiled version isn't working for everyone. You should link to the compiling instructions as well.

Also, why install IOS16? I guess it can't hurt anything since the Wii never actually uses it, but you should be able to install the LU64 fix directly from the cboot2 Wad Manager.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't think my complied version worked for everyone thats why i removed the download link, i believe its best for everyone to compile cboot2 themselves for the best result. Its not really compiling but you know what i mean

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what is it the LU64IOS..??
huh.gif
is the cIOS_r11 ..??

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is, basically. Its main purpose is to let LU64 Wiis play backups and doesn't really do much aside from that. Just wait for Rev12 if you're looking to upgrade past Rev10.

flavors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
Just so you know, the precompiled version isn't working for everyone. You should link to the compiling instructions as well.

Also, why install IOS16? I guess it can't hurt anything since the Wii never actually uses it, but you should be able to install the LU64 fix directly from the cboot2 Wad Manager.

That weird i could not install the cIOS until i installed the ISO16 wad . that why i inclued im my instruction

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Well, as long as it works I guess there's no harm in it. Like I said nothing in the Wii actually uses IOS16 so it shouldn't care too much if that IOS is downgraded or not.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no way a vulnerable version of IOS16 even runs on those new Wiis. I think it would be good if someone else could test this without it.

But that the theroy that was hatched up in the LU64 thread actually works is nice to hear. ^^

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
There is no way a vulnerable version of IOS16 even runs on those new Wiis.

IOS16 v257 has always worked on these Wiis. It has always been possible to use IOS16 and Custom WAD Manager to install cIOS on LU64+ Wiis (3.4 or lower). The problem was that the older cIOS versions would not function.

The real issue came in when 4.0 blocked IOS16 v257 from being installed.

For some reason IOS16 v257 seems to be the only "older" IOS that works on the LU64+ systems.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey flavors , did you try Chunan's take on using CIOS60BF.wad to allow illegal wads to be backed up to SD card? Its the only thing left this wii needs, but i dont want to risk it without seeing more confirmation then just Chunan's , especially since he says his wii is not a LU64 , but its a jap "unhackable" wii.

nofx3001

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi , please help im triying to install this : Go to HBC and install LU64iOS now

But when im installing it i have the next error

"Reading IOS36-64 v3094.wad Error (ret = -1 )

if anybody can help me please ill be gratefull and one more cuestion once i have done all this tutorial i can install other tools like backup launcher ??

nofx3001

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
FenrirWolf said:
Are you trying to run an installer app of some sort? You need to find a .wad version of it if you haven't.

Im just doing what the tutorial said i but i dont know whats happen if somebody could post a link to download another version of the LU64 fix to try it and dude u know if ill be able to install the backcup launcher once i do all this tutorial ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: that's an apple but same idea