Hacking Legal UniiLoader animated WAD

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, with the latest revisions of Benzin it's finally possible to build WORKING brlans to use with channels.
After some tries, here's the third legal homebrew wad after bbc.wad and the Homebrew Channel.
Brlyts/Brlans by me, graphics and sound by DjSim1.

UniiLoader & GeckoOS:
Gecko OS channel v2: Download
(Audio converted to BNS so it's way smaller, fixed a minor banner issue, DOL updated to 1.9.2)
UniiLoader channel (included in 0.65 package): Download

WAD Manager:
Download

CoverFloader (loads the dol from /apps/CoverFloader/boot.dol, thanks to SpaceJump for the forwarder and to xemix for the HBC icon psd):
Download (video logo) - Download (HBC icon logo)

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind sharing your XMLAN/XMLYT's? And what apploader did you use?

Posts merged

Screemer said:
nice to see that people start to use benzin. next step with benzin would be a possibility to display banners in homebrew.
Benzin won't do that, there's another project working on that, and 'we' can already display static banners(Yeah I can on my Wii) in homebrew.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Omega Knight said:
Mind sharing your XMLAN/XMLYT's? And what apploader sis you use?
No problem, but you could obtain them with benzin itself.
wink.gif

Here they are. (use them with 1.0.0beta only).
I used comex's NANDLoader.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,

How come you've done two banner's with Benzin and never contacted us. I had to hear about both of them from other people. I'm glad people are starting to use Benzin to do real work. I'm going to check out what you've done to see what animation stuff you've gotten so far. There will be a big changed to Benzin some time in the near future as brlan is not "corrrect" in naming for things.... and brlyt has some unk tags that have been found out and can be named better.

Megazig

PS. I'm actually working on a banner starting now that should help me put out at least some documentation for what can be edited to do what. I have done some themeing work too, just to find some of the unknown characteristics of certain tags. There may be a link somewhere for a crazy effect for the highlighting of channels ;p

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looking good with the animated channels.

You said it wasnt easy to do this , but im wondering if it could be turned into an automated process like wadder does for the standard wads ?

If theres a step by step guide created then im sure it would be possible to also automate things in some form to make life easier for the everyone, again thats assuming people will allow it ?

I think icefire could help if he hasnt already got something like this on the back burner.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we're working on Laichzeit. it's the API form of Benzin. It'll allow you to "automate" the building. No, I will not authorize ice to make an automate program from Benzin. PERIOD.

I do have another idea though that I'd like to try to accomplish. I will say more as I get further.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
megazig said:
we're working on Laichzeit. it's the API form of Benzin. It'll allow you to "automate" the building. No, I will not authorize ice to make an automate program from Benzin. PERIOD.

I do have another idea though that I'd like to try to accomplish. I will say more as I get further.

wise decisions
wink2.gif

thanks for your hard work

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Very nice, will definitely be grabbing the geckoOS one if you make available. Also nice to some some LZ77 on the banner files for a change
wink.gif

xbox720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do NOT use Uniiloader it kills your Data.

see what happened to me after i used Uniiloader Once:

i lost all Data on SD card.
i lost 50 games on WBFS drive

i download uniloader. test it on my wii
after i quit back to HBC
there are nothing on my SD card. i test it on PC
it shows my SD card is Unformated

then i check my WBFS hard drive
my WBFS drive seems working BUT... lots of games are missing
i have 100+ games before.
but now. i have only 50 games.
i lost 50+ games on my WBFS drive.

what happened??? where is my missing Game?
i want my game list back.

my system: 4.0U + c.rev 10 + preloader 0.29

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The gecko OS channel is a work in progress? (I'm assuming since the icon is not original).

I hope that you will release that when it's done too
smile.gif

Great work, I love it!

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega Knight said:
Screemer said:
nice to see that people start to use benzin. next step with benzin would be a possibility to display banners in homebrew.
Benzin won't do that, there's another project working on that, and 'we' can already display static banners(Yeah I can on my Wii) in homebrew.

heh. benzin doesn't do that "now".

Edit: I forgot, there's the start of a banner player in the benzin git. hehe

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
megazig said:
Omega Knight said:
Screemer said:

heh. benzin doesn't do that "now".

Edit: I forgot, there's the start of a banner player in the benzin git. hehe
that's what i said. i read a conversation from you and squidman in irc where you where talking about getting animated and non animated banners working with homebrew on a benzin basis. i really love what you and all the other coders are doing and i am looking forward to each of your releases.

btw. why did you ban me from #hackerchannel a few days ago?

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
btw. why did you ban me from #hackerchannel a few days ago?

It's tough to say. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but one possible cause may have been a whois on you and saw you were in there and bannerbomb. Can't say for sure what the reason is. pm me on irc and we'll discuss it further

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tried to pm you on wiidev but i got a massage that you don't take pms. my who is on that day could have been like that: #wiidev #wiihelp #softmii #hackerchannel #hackmii #usbisoloader-gui. i am following everything i can in the 'wii-scene' thats why i am on #usbisoloader-gui and #softmii. maybe that was the reason of the ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...