OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZFlash 3 in 1 source code updated
512Mbit version added.
The EZTeam have updated the source code for their 3 in 1 cart to support the EZ3 in 1 plus version announced a few months back. It should retail at the same price but features 512 MBit of NOR as opposed to 256 MBit of the original 3 in 1.

For those new to the 3 in 1 the DS can not play GBA games via the DS slot (which most current DS flash carts use). Seeing this various companies made cheaply priced expansion packs that use the GBA slot by reducing the memory available and so forth compensating by using the DS slot cart as main storage and management tool. This allows people a cheap entry level (but highly compatible) GBA capable device.

Note this is of little use to end users, it is aimed at developers of tools and flash cart firmwares using the 3 in 1.

3in1-1.jpg

icon11.gif
EZFlash US forums thread
icon11.gif
 GBAtemp wiki article
download.gif
EZFlash.cn download
download.gif
 GBAtemp download

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks FASt6191 for the news.
wink.gif

And to all ez5 users (slot 1). Next stable kernel will be able to flash multi-rom in NOR mode.
In this case, this new expansion will be very nice because it has twice the space of the previous one for the same price.

Thanks ez team.
grog.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea on a release date (I will ask though and will trawl a bunch of sites that "break" release dates).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh that's good, Team Cyclo will be able to update their firmware with this in mind then.

Nice of competitors to work together like that, to a degree.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NOR isn't the problem - the problem is PSRAM and SRAM. It needs to have enough PSRAM to load ALL GBA Games, and it needs enough SRAM to be able to save ALL the games in PSRAM and NOR modes.

I hope it isn't only NOR that's improved, but if it's better elsewhere I'll be frantically trying to find my Debit card XD

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Back when windirt announced it we quizzed him on it, only the 512 MBit NOR. As for the save there is enough space be we settled on a compromise as people wanted multiple games on the NOR.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, and I just bought an EZflash V with a 3in1 cart.
Oh well, not that many 32meg GBA games anyway and it runs Mother 3 translation just fine so no big deal.
Though I would have wanted the bigger one instead.
Meh, its cheap anyway.
I'll have to check it out when its released.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like them to add the ability to run 32MB games in PSRAM. Basically, there weren't any GBA roms that went to 512mbit were there? I do recall a GBA video of the Shrek movie that never was dumped, supposedly because there are no tools that dump GBA roms that large.

I guess this is good for very large rom compilations for an emulator such as Goomba or PocketNES. I wonder if they improved the save battery. Mine lasted one year and then died.

And lastly, I'd like to know WHEN this is supposed to be released. I'm trying to get a new slot-2 card.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You do understand that the Gameboy Advance only supports games 256 MBits or smaller, right? Meaning that any game over 32 Megabytes will not work on the Gameboy Advance (Hence why there were never any GBA games over 256 Mbits) so the EZ 3 in 1 is perfect as it is. The only thing the 512 MBit version would be good for is storing 2 roms at once and selectively playing one or the other which currently, only the EZ Flash V can do I believe.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are right Narin. Only the ez5 kernel could do that for instant. But perhaps Rudolph will look into that when the new hardware will be available ?

So, for now. Windirt has given more information on why the source code has been updated.
256mb NOR memory are now hard to find to produce the ez 3in1 so the team has updated to an bigger one which is available, 512mb.
So it's just an hardware update of the NOR memory, the rest is still the same for the same price.
smile.gif

spiritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I just bought a regular one (again), should've just waited, oh well.
my flashcard collection is just getting bigger...
smile.gif
just added an iTouch too
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo