Hacking How to load a System Menu custom theme from SD/USB

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is my last release until I come back from my holidays.

In this tutorial I'll use System Menu 4.0E as example. These steps can be followed for any System Menu with very little differences.

REQUISITES:

- Custom IOS38 rev14
- Menu Patcher v1.2 (http://github.com/waninkoko/menu-patcher/tree/master)
- SD card or USB device
- 00000075.app file already patched with a custom theme (the filename varies between System Menu versions).

STEPS:

1. Create these folders in the root of the SD/USB device: /title/00000001/00000002/content
2. Copy file 00000075.app inside "content" folder created in step 1.
3. Rename file 00000075.app to 00000001.app (00000075 is the content ID while 00000001 is the index (in hex). cIOS works with the index, not with the ID. This info is specified in the System Menu TMD. I believe in all System Menu versions the theme content is always index 1).
4. Load Menu Patcher v1.2 and enable "Content Override" feature.

NOTE:

- If we get the contents from other System Menu version (for example, 3.2E), and we copy it to "content" folder, and we rename it correctly (like in this tutorial), Menu Patcher will load that System Menu version instead of the installed one
tongue.gif

Greetings.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now everyone can safely have custom menus whit out worry of a brick?
Or is there still a chance to brick the Wii using this..? It dose not install the menu right?
If so this is a big find!!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Logan said:
Slimmmmmm said:
You can't use this with preloader installed, if you want the hacks form preloader consider using banana patcher.

Curious. Why doesn't this work with PreLoader?

because preloader replaces and moves the location of system menu, hence the hacks wont work

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hm, so I can use Menu Patcher to only load some of the files from SD rather than NAND? Don't seem to be able to get it working anyhow. I have my paths right, and the 00000001.app in the right spot, but I see no changes.

*edit*
Huh...it worked from USB. :wtf: How odd.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great for previewing and messing with themes, but what's the point if the theme is gone as soon as you hit the power button?

Unless I'm missing something here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory