PS1/2 PS2 Modbo 4.0 Backup Issues

RR1917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone! Kinda late to this ballgame, but I recently bought a modbo modchip and got someone at modchipcentral to install it for me (as I don't know how to solder nor how to disassemble my PS2). I tried to burn some backup PS1 games with Staples and Sony CD-R at 10x speed, but my PS2 won't read the damn thing. It just goes off to the browser and says "disc read error". I know original PS1 games work fine on my PS2 as I've tested those, but the backup games are just screwed. PS2 backups work alright, but they are slow. It takes like 30 seconds to 2 minutes to boot up a disc and it makes scratching noises when read. But otherwise, PS2 backups play fine. The problem are these stupid PS1 backups and the "disc read error". What should I do to fix this?

To see a video of what happens look no further:

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a modbo 4 as well and have never had this issue unless it was a bad burn.

I actually installed it myself and the solder point required for PSX backups is really small. It might be the toughest one so your modder might've decided it wasn't worth it. It might be different for fat ps2's, though.

It was either CX or SX, I can't remember. I took a pic before closing it back up.
26eV2xkh.jpg

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try burn a psx tool cd. There some images people use to install open loader. If psx side works, the problem ps2 burn configuration. You can also try to run your disks with a friend ps2.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a typical laser issue. If original PS1's work then it may need tweaking for copies, as well as PS2 games, if they take longer to load/recognised. The laser pot has two points (CD/DVD) which need to be adjusted, yet if that fails then get a replacement in most cases. Look for guides on how to do this, as there is plenty of info on the internet.

Tbh, even if you have modchipped console (I have an original matrix and a clone) but moved onto HDD loading via OPL (FMCB) and have not burned a disc in years now. Something to consider, as PS2 lasers are not the best and don't last long, since these consoles are now 17 years old.

Last edited by Thelonewolf88,

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! Kinda late to this ballgame, but I recently bought a modbo modchip and got someone at modchipcentral to install it for me (as I don't know how to solder nor how to disassemble my PS2). I tried to burn some backup PS1 games with Staples and Sony CD-R at 10x speed, but my PS2 won't read the damn thing. It just goes off to the browser and says "disc read error". I know original PS1 games work fine on my PS2 as I've tested those, but the backup games are just screwed. PS2 backups work alright, but they are slow. It takes like 30 seconds to 2 minutes to boot up a disc and it makes scratching noises when read. But otherwise, PS2 backups play fine. The problem are these stupid PS1 backups and the "disc read error". What should I do to fix this?

To see a video of what happens look no further:

Use clone cd for ps1 burning, the lowest the disc says for burn speed. But easier and quicker to use fmcb and load from HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?