Hwfly Oled 4th Generation Vs 3rd gen

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the Hwfly Oled 4th Generation and just wondering what, if any difference there is between that and the 3rd gen. I watched this install video for the 3rd gen and wanting to know if it will apply for the 4th gen.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually get shipped a 4th gen chip, you'll be able to update its firmware to a better version. If you get a 3rd gen chip instead, its firmware is write locked and you cant flash anything newer to it

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually get shipped a 4th gen chip, you'll be able to update its firmware to a better version. If you get a 3rd gen chip instead, its firmware is write locked and you cant flash anything newer to it
the title of the item I got from Alieexpres is "

Hwfly Oled 4th Generation V4 Chip Support Switch NS SX Oled Console Upgradable and Flashable Original Official Wholesale Price"​

from the official Hwfdly store. I assume it will be 4th gen. From what the shop page says, it ships with firmware but can be updated if need be.

So the only difference is 3rd gen is not flashable and 4th gen is?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even bother with 3rd gen chip (or v3, oled special chip). You can easily tell them apart. v4 comes with usb port adapter and has a connector on the bottom, where v3 usually comes with a QSB ribbon for point A and D.
Apart from flashable/unflashable, v3 is less stable than v4. The chip will randomly freeze 1 out of 5-10 cold boots and console would boot to OFW directly.

Reactions: malgamer

LordRahl72

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even bother with 3rd gen chip (or v3, oled special chip). You can easily tell them apart. v4 comes with usb port adapter and has a connector on the bottom, where v3 usually comes with a QSB ribbon for point A and D.
Apart from flashable/unflashable, v3 is less stable than v4. The chip will randomly freeze 1 out of 5-10 cold boots and console would boot to OFW directly.
Good to know. Thanks.

supereme_KR

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
V3, V4 is not matter. some times it is same chip different seller.
just check your chip is MV1-7 flashable. below MV1-6 is not flashable.
MV1-6 is perfectly ok for switch and lite. however for oled you need MV1-7 chip for the better performing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY