MightySashiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello,

When I initially hardmodded my switch OLED, the modchip was not properly installed and worked sometimes, sometimes not.
When it did work, I managed to Backup the SysNAND, and use LockPickRCM payload to backup both titles.keys and partialaes.keys (“Mariko Partial keys”).
I have all of them safely stored offline.
My issue is during the “Mariko Parital keys” backup, it is mentioned that this backup process wipes keys, and a console reboot is required subsequently to restore these keys.
At that very moment, my modchip unfortunately decided to not work anymore, and so the process was never properly completed.

Fast forwards several weeks :
I’ve had my modchip installation fixed, and when using the LockPickRCM payload again and making a backup of title.keys and partialaes.keys, there is a substantial difference in size and contents between the first partialaes.keys (containing all keyslots 0->15) and the new partialaes.keys (containing only keyslots 7,9,11,12,13,14,15). During the new backup process, onscreen were “Failed to validate keyslot X” (X=1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10) warning lines.

How do I restore all my keys properly?

I’ve already restored my initial SysNAND backup but it didn’t restore these keys (which makes sense, we wouldn’t need a separate key backup process with a specific payload if a SysNAND backup did the job in the first place).

Please advise!
Thanks in advance

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Keyslot keys will be always rewritten on keyslot at boot, so you don't need to worry about it.

If you inject Lockpick_RCM and directly dump partial keys, you will get all 0-15 keyslot keys, but if you try to dump partial keys right after dumping normal keys(Dump from SysNAND / Dump from EmuNAND), some keyslots will be corrupted. And it's not a big issue.

Actually, you don't need to care about mariko partial keys, if you can boot HOS without problems.

Reactions: MightySashiman

MightySashiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Keyslot keys will be always rewritten on keyslot at boot, so you don't need to worry about it.

If you inject Lockpick_RCM and directly dump partial keys, you will get all 0-15 keyslot keys, but if you try to dump partial keys right after dumping normal keys(Dump from SysNAND / Dump from EmuNAND), some keyslots will be corrupted. And it's not a big issue.

Actually, you don't need to care about mariko partial keys, if you can boot HOS without problems.
Thanks for this insight. But I'm still bothered that the initial mishap (after the successful backup of all partial keys) seems to have corrupted these keys, because since then, if I try to dump these same partial keys, the file-dump clearly has less keys than the initial dump... Am I to understand there is no way to ever restore these partial keys correctly, regardless of their actual usefulness?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup