Change luma config button?

LexDG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to remap which button is held to boot into the luma config menu (no, not the rosalina button combo) when powering on the system? I’d like to make it the A button so I can still hold the select button to force DS games to run at native resolution. Also, I KNOW theres a way (that I have enabled now) to always force the native res but there are SOME games I’d like to run full screen because they look fine (like the professor Layton games for the most part) and having the native res forced means I have to go through a long process again.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d like to make it the A button so I can still hold the select button to force DS games to run at native resolution.
since when does luma config menu show up when starting twl mode?

anyway, edit the button binding in the code and build luma yourself, or just use start instead of select if luma config menu is conflicting with it

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 4d1xlaan

LexDG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone else wonders about this, I solved my problem by changing the extension of godmode9 to .firmm so it wouldn’t load when I hold start. If I ever need it I can just change the extension back.

The only thing I wish is that the twilight patcher ONLY switched the default to be pixel perfect but left the function of switching back intact.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone else wonders about this, I solved my problem by changing the extension of godmode9 to .firmm so it wouldn’t load when I hold start. If I ever need it I can just change the extension back.
if godmode is the only firm you have (which it sounds like it is), you could do what I do too. fastboot3ds on firm0, and godmode9 on firm1. fastboot3ds is set to load firm1 when holding R, otherwise by default it loads boot.firm from the root of the sd card

that way you have godmode always accessible by holding a button on boot, and not need to rename the file on your pc every time, while not having any payloads for luma chainloader

LexDG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if godmode is the only firm you have (which it sounds like it is), you could do what I do too. fastboot3ds on firm0, and godmode9 on firm1. fastboot3ds is set to load firm1 when holding R, otherwise by default it loads boot.firm from the root of the sd card

that way you have godmode always accessible by holding a button on boot, and not need to rename the file on your pc every time, while not having any payloads for luma chainloader
Is that in place of luma and what does it take to setup?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that in place of luma and what does it take to setup?
https://github.com/derrekr/fastboot3DS/releases

you use this in firm0 instead of regular b9s

you can flash fastboot3ds.firm to firm0 by selecting it in godmode9 and going firm image options --> install firm. select install to firm0

or you can use openfirminstaller if you're not sure about installing it manually with godmode9

https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:Fastboot3DS

then you do the same thing with godmode9.firm, except you install it to firm1 instead of firm0

once fastboot3ds is installed to firm0, it will be the first thing that shows up when you power on, you will have to set up a boot slot to auto boot luma (if you set boot mode to quiet boot, then there is no splash screen and it will look the same as if you were using regular boot9strap, except you can also hold Home button on power on to enter fastboot3ds menu)

to use firm1 as boot slot you will have to go to miscellaneous, credits, and on the credits screen enter the konami code to enable dev mode, then you will be able to select firm1 as the source for your boot slot

so in the end you have boot.firm (luma) running automatically on boot if you're not holding anything, and you can set any button combo you want to boot godmode9 on boot, instead of having to hold start to use luma chainloader

Reactions: LexDG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1