Aesthetically, which age rating certificate do you prefer?

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I love the Japanese CERO followed by US ESRB.
I find black+white of both to be stealthy and do not clash with the aesthetics of the cover art.

Infact sometimes I buy Japanese version Playstation games from Play-Asia just to get the Japanese cover art and I find the cero logo to be small and unobtrusive, smaller than esrb.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never minded the ESRB certifications. The black-and-white scheme sets it apart as distinct and recognizable (comparatively few games use black and white covers, helping the rating to stand out more) without drawing the eye away from the cover art itself. Using other colors (like green or orange) has the caveat of sometimes clashing with the cover art or, conversely, blending in, neither of which is ideal for a rating.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never minded the ESRB certifications. The black-and-white scheme sets it apart as distinct and recognizable (comparatively few games use black and white covers, helping the rating to stand out more) without drawing the eye away from the cover art itself. Using other colors (like green or orange) has the caveat of sometimes clashing with the cover art or, conversely, blending in, neither of which is ideal for a rating.
Indeed.

UK/EU

81xecpMd+ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

US/CA

5352400_sa.jpg

In this instance the red colored certificate is suitable and fits the cover, but ultimately I still prefer ESRB's black and white as it's not too noticeable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1