Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want to adapt the update to N3DS US, first they need the consoles
delivered to them - if they are not in the US.

This can take a week or so.

I reckon with a company like Gateway whose livelihood is based on these consoles, they've had a US console for awhile now. Can't imagine how many 3DS consoles they have.

Reactions: Diag and 2skies

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I reckon with a company like Gateway whose livelihood is based on these consoles, they've had a US console for awhile now. Can't imagine how many 3DS consoles they have.

I remember a post from garyopa AFTER the AU N3DS launch. He said there will be 4 consoles delivered to them.

Seems they didn't have one before the official launch.

Same maybe true for US launch.

Reactions: Sonicx64

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
There's no pressure at all. You know why? Because the hype train crowd has the memory of goldfish. They get hyped, disappointed, hyped, disappointed, on repeat. Gateway know that there is no lasting consequence for repeatedly baiting and disappointing the community because the community treats disappointment and hype as a game.

Thank Christ. People getting disappointed and exhausted (with no incoming hype train) is something that Gateway (or any company) will likely take seriously.

Uh, the "release" that they were referring to was the Ultra update. The Ultra update was the product.

Or motivate them to work harder, or communicate with the community better (to alleviate concerns), or release updates in smaller, yet stable increments (as they are doing).

Pressure doesn't necessarily mean "rushed releases". Try not to think in black and white so much.

I never said they had it despite them not having it. Or that the didn't have it, when they had it. Them not having it when they don't have it is obvious. Why even post this? I don't even.
Ok, while you're trying to dissect my comments, can you stop putting words in my mouth? Hype crew was the only thing putting pressure on them. When we back off, that's just giving them room to take their time, which is exactly what you don't want.

And pressure did result in a rushed beta release of Ultra. Iirc, only regions supported on release were EUR, NA, and JAP. Other regions such as TWN were left waiting for an update. Also 2DS support is buggy and not preferable to this day. That's a rushed release if I've ever seen one.

Never said you said they had it. But go have a drink at Starbucks, maybe your inner white girl will learn 'how to even' again -_-

You're too negative man, lighten up a bit.

Reactions: tony_2018

leon2133

Trophies
XP
Country
just preodered the ps4 batman limited edition on amazon,,
You think which one will come first,??
gateway update or my batman lol

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
just preodered the ps4 batman limited edition on amazon,,
You think which one will come first,??
gateway update or my batman lol

i don't have a PS4 & i have a Gateway but i would say Batman comes out first & what a AAA gaming franchise Rocksteady have made they're super super talented developers,the only games i play from start to end are batman & uncharted,this year is going to be awesome for PS4 owners for sure. i may join you guys later on this year or maybe early this summer if Gateway fails to deliver the Emunand update for my N3DS. :)

Reactions: leon2133
D

Deleted-188346

Ok, while you're trying to dissect my comments, can you stop putting words in my mouth? Hype crew was the only thing putting pressure on them. When we back off, that's just giving them room to take their time, which is exactly what you don't want.

And pressure did result in a rushed beta release of Ultra. Iirc, only regions supported on release were EUR, NA, and JAP. Other regions such as TWN were left waiting for an update. Also 2DS support is buggy and not preferable to this day. That's a rushed release if I've ever seen one.

Never said you said they had it. But go have a drink at Starbucks, maybe your inner white girl will learn 'how to even' again -_-

You're too negative man, lighten up a bit.
- Yeah, no. I didn't put words in your mouth. You said "the hype train put massive massive pressure on gw", and I said that it didn't, and explained why. 0/10 defense there, try again.
- "Hype crew"? Seriously? Just lol.
- As I said, Gateway are aware that no pressure actually comes from the "hype crew". Pressure comes from people getting pissed off and frustrated, and, consequently, Gateways reputation taking further damage.
- You say rushed, I say incremental. Although admittedly the initial release was half-baked.
- The stupidity of the sentence that caused me to say "I don't even" is matched by the reply to it. Just amazing.
- I prefer the word "realist", although it is better to be negative than deluded.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
- Yeah, no. I didn't put words in your mouth. You said "the hype train put massive massive pressure on gw", and I said that it didn't, and explained why. 0/10 defense there, try again.
- "Hype crew"? Seriously? Just lol.
- As I said, Gateway are aware that no pressure actually comes from the "hype crew". Pressure comes from people getting pissed off and frustrated, and, consequently, Gateways reputation taking further damage.
- You say rushed, I say incremental.
- The stupidity of the sentence that caused me to say "I don't even" is matched by the reply to it. Just amazing.
- I prefer the word "realist", although it is better to be negative than deluded.

Please stop that already. You won't be able to change his mind. Let people do whatever they want.

Reactions: 2Hack

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
obviously DSTWO+

DSTWO+ was delayed because the team needs to copy Gateway's support up to 9.2 on the old gen 3ds consoles & they are possibly waiting to see what kind of support will the gateway team have for the N3DS to copy that too. and i'm sure the Gateway team are aware & are watching what the Supercard team does because we all know how they extremely hate competition (brick code) they also know this team is well known & populer amongst flash card users so it has big potential to steal some of their customers & possibly exceed the number of users on the gateway.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Am I forcing him to do anything?

no, but you are wasting your time trying to understand. Ignore him. I'm sure 2Hack doesn't even care about your remarks, whatever are they facts or bullshit.

D

Deleted-188346

no, but you are wasting your time trying to understand. Ignore him. I'm sure 2Hack doesn't even care about your remarks, whatever are they facts or bullshit.
It's kinda cute that he's got a little fan club that rushes to his aid.
Kinda sad that he needs assistance to begin with though.

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...i'm sure the Gateway team are aware & are watching what the Supercard team does because we all know how they extremely hate competition (brick code) they also know this team is well known & populer amongst flash card users so it has big potential to steal some of their customers & possibly exceed the number of users on the gateway.

I would buy two DSTWO+s, one to use and one to spite Gateway for jerking us along. Does that team have any kind of communication as to their own release?

Reactions: Random Joe

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's kinda cute that he's got a little fan club that rushes to his aid.
Kinda sad that he needs assistance to begin with though.

Hey, you mad? Because we're not :)
Glad you remember me as a member of hype crew ;)

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe even ff xv will come first :D (and i hope we´ll hear something to the dstwo+ too, i would definetely prefer to get one of those instead of sky.. sky would be my last solution - but still a solution.. somehow.. especially i could do a data transfer :( i need all my 3ds stuff on the n3ds ;()

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/lssx_bNgdAE?si=T5MxUWkA3KtBDSYS