Zero Escape creator's new visual novel Punch Line coming west

2m150m81d47e.png

PQube will be bringing a visual novel west later this summer. What sets this game apart from the multitude of other novel games is that this one is written by Kotaro Uchikoshi, known best for writing the Zero Escape games (999, Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma) and the SciADV team (Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head). The plot to the game involves a high school student who meets a superhero and has his soul knocked out of his body. As a ghost, he has the ability to get into mischief, which includes looking at women's panties. If he does that too many times, however, a meteor will strike the world and destroy it. Punch Line is based on the 2015 anime series of the same name, also penned by Uchikoshi.

Yūta Iridatsu is a pretty normal high school kid, with one exception: he faints if he sees girls' panties. You never quite notice how frequent panty flashes can be until they ruin your day – he has to not look, or it's lights out!

When he one day finds himself in the midst of a bus hijacking incident, he meets the famed vigilante crime fighter Strange Juice, and something unexpected happens to Yūta – his soul separates from his body. Stuck in a ghostly incorporeal form, he finds that his penchant for panties has disastrous consequences.

Punch Line will release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC.

D

Deleted User

This looks . . . Intersering. . . .
It dosn't suprise though with omega labrynth Z being localized and that game is all about b - -bs.
I don't really get either one. . .
I wonder what's next

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I would always prefer less fan service, the story isn't about panties. It's not just a vessel for fan service, there's an actual story with twists and cliff hangers and everything you'd expect from an Uchikoshi novel (not including Zero Time Dilemma). If you like time travel and/or Uchikoshi's other work you should at least give the anime a shot before completely dismissing it as trash or associating it with crap like Omega Labyrinth Z like @sephurchin did.

D

Deleted User

While I would always prefer less fan service, the story isn't about panties. It's not just a vessel for fan service, there's an actual story with twists and cliff hangers and everything you'd expect from an Uchikoshi novel (not including Zero Time Dilemma). If you like time travel and/or Uchikoshi's other work you should at least give the anime a shot before completely dismissing it as trash or associating it with crap like Omega Labyrinth Z like @sephurchin did.
After looking into it more I would agree. They are VERY different. This is a good example of judging a book by its cover. Now I'm really interested in this

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still no Chaos;Head Noah localization huh? I think I'll pass on this one. Is the plot as ridiculous as it sounds or does it get dark at some point?
Oh someone else waiting for a Chaos Head Noah localization (goddamnit we will have all other entry of the SciAdv saga, we have the sequel of Chaos Head but still not this one sigh)

But for punchline the plot is honestly more than fanservice. You should give it a chance, the anime was really good, and pretty much a good Uchikoshi story with a lot interesting of twist

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the post. I watched the trailer and truly thought it was trash. The question is, how many percent of this game / the story is fanservice? I really can't stand these sections.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the post. I watched the trailer and truly thought it was trash
The problem with pretty much every trailer ever is that it's designed to pull in audiences, which is why every action movie trailer ever has a snippet of a love scene in it even when it's a small fraction of the "plot." Fan service is super popular so naturally it's gonna be there. That's not saying there's almost no fan service in the show, and more on that after the next quote.
The question is, how many percent of this game / the story is fanservice? I really can't stand these sections.
It's difficult to answer that question because the two mediums are completely different. Uchikoshi's visual novels tend to hover around 30-40 hours, which is 6.5-8.7x longer than the anime. Like with trailers, the shorter runtime requires things to be compressed. It's totally possible that the stretched out story means the fan service is much more scattered. It's also totally possible that fan service is used as a space filler so there's even more panties/hr.

My recommendation is to find an hour of free time and give the first few episodes a shot. I don't remember when the big plot points occurred in the anime (and even if I did I wouldn't say so you don't expect any thing), but that should give you an idea of the pacing of the story/fan service. Or, you could just wait a couple weeks after it releases to give me enough time to catalogue and timestamp every pantyshot.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far