Gaming Zelda Majora's Mask coming to 3DS Spring 2015

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MM is my favorite Zelda game. However, im not buying this remake. I was already disappointed by the upgraded OoT 3DS port and since this is essentially the same, I'm not gonna repeat the same mistake.

If it were a proper remake (no 1:1 reusing of the old content) for Wii U, I'd buy it, but with it being just a "mod" with upgraded textures, sprites and player models, I'm not wasting my money here.

Also: The new moon sucks!

Uh, do you know what a remake is? There's a difference between a port and remake. What you're describing would be a port. You're childish.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
YEAH REMAKES I LOVE REMAKES FUCK YEAH REMAKES.

Seriously it's like you enjoy how lazy Nintendo is.
If it's anything like OoT 3D, this is being handled by Grezzo, with minimal oversight by Nintendo itself. Meanwhile, Nintendo continues to work on all-new games, and any impact this has on new titles is negligible, at worst. How is that lazy? We just got an all-new Zelda 3DS game last year, and are getting another major console Zelda next year. It's not like they're pulling a Square and spamming multiple ports/remakes of the same game within only a few years.
Uh, do you know what a remake is? There's a difference between a port and remake. What you're describing would be a port. You're childish.

In all fairness, OoT 3D was more of an enhanced port than a true remake.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's anything like OoT 3D, this is being handled by Grezzo, with minimal oversight by Nintendo itself. Meanwhile, Nintendo continues to work on all-new games, and any impact this has on new titles is negligible, at worst. How is that lazy? We just got an all-new Zelda 3DS game last year, and are getting another major console Zelda next year. It's not like they're pulling a Square and spamming multiple ports/remakes of the same game within only a few years.

In all fairness, OoT 3D was more of an enhanced port than a true remake.

I'd agree, but it was made from the ground-up ;)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now smile for the camera.

ZryfB2m.jpg

You call that a smile? I said "SMILE!"

4560Hdf.png

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd agree, but it was made from the ground-up ;)

According to who?

In all the interviews, etc I've read from Nintendo and Grezzo, there's really nothing to suggest it was a ground-up remake. The game even has some of the same glitches from the original. They just ported the original code, and touched things up for extra features, better peformance and visuals, etc.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with enhanced ports, but I feel pretty certain it's not a ground-up remake.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i wish instead of 3d it was HD and instead of on the 3ds it was on the wii u.
I wish the same.
If Nintendo knows what is good for them, they should release HD remakes of both Zeldas for the Wii U, similar to what every other game released on the 3DS or RE Revelations.
but one can only hope :P

Also, did anyone notice how big the Moon's nose is now?
Holy crap, I don't give a shit about the Moon crashing, is the piercing nose what bothers me.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to who?

In all the interviews, etc I've read from Nintendo and Grezzo, there's really nothing to suggest it was a ground-up remake. The game even has some of the same glitches from the original. They just ported the original code, and touched things up for extra features, better peformance and visuals, etc.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with enhanced ports, but I feel pretty certain it's not a ground-up remake.

Look it up. I'm too tired to start. It was made from the ground up. It's a valid remake. Not a port. Why does this have to be an argument?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, did anyone notice how big the Moon's nose is now?

Holy crap, I don't give a shit about the Moon crashing, is the piercing nose what bothers me.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the moon looks like Shrek, now.
Look it up. I'm too tired to start. It was made from the ground up. It's a valid remake. Not a port. Why does this have to be an argument?
Um... I'm trying to have a civil discussion on a gaming forum? No need to take it so personally.

I disagreed with you, and explained why in a polite manner. How dare I. :rolleyes:

I really don't understand why people are so touchy about the subjects of enhanced port vs. remake. I'm not saying it's any less of a game, just that I don't think it's a true remake. It's like the size of your dick depends on it or something.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have to admit this game has one of the best game over screens ever. you think you lose for good NOPE you get ricked rolled!! or more like moon rolled!!

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
which it is. A remake to me is from the ground up. However, this and the OoT 3DS version are basically the following:
1. import all levels from n64
2. replace all models
3. replace textures with higher resolution ones and add sprites
4. make a profit with minimal effort

Okay, the engine had to be redone partially as well, but still: Its more like a port than a remake. WWHD is also just a port from wii to wiiu.
Here an example for a proper remake: Conker's bad fur day

I am no longer accepting these cheap efforts by Nintendo and the likes. Worst company (aside from EA) is probably Square Enix when it comes to ports and these infamous cheap ports (e.g. FF7).
Either put your heart into it and do it again or just leave it be, so you can revisit it properly later on. Now a remake of MM is dead for the next 5 years at least, thanks to this cheapass port. Thanks for nothing nintendo!

I guess my hope for a proper nintendo revival lies with the WiiU Zelda and Smash Bros for WiiU. Though since the 25 anniversary release of Skyward Sword, everything the Zelda series was good for got dragged through the mud. Man was this game linear and boring... Please... We need a good new Zelda title again!

P.S. ALBW was okayish i guess. Far too easy and was lagging sidequests (remember LA or ALTTP?). Overall, it ended way too quickly and having nearly all items from the get-go was new, but just not working for me. Imagine Metroid without loosing Samus loosing her powerups in the beginning, haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1