ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Um so me and my girlfriend (Nadia Trigger) were both in the CHG tournament that just ended yesterday (I got 2nd place) and during the 2nd round, which was a week from yesterday, we were thinking of other neat games to host tournaments for....I told her that I love doing the tournaments hosted here. I was in the bomberman 2 tournament last year (made it to the semifinals) and the JUS tournament (it wasn't held by GBAtemp I don't think..but I only made it to the 2nd round...by default) and as I just said I was just in the CHG tournament. I've always wanted to host my own tournament and I think I'm gonna act on it. So my girl suggested yugioh since me and her are good at it so my question is that if I took the time to host a yugioh tournament would anyone want in.....(note-of course this is an unofficial and there will be no prizes...just gives me and you something to do)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe not.. im not that good with the new cards..

im more of a use lvl 4 monsters with 2000 attack and higher with cheap cards like mirror force...
biggrin.gif

I HATE SYNCHRO CARDS

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
@Basher11
Yeah I'm not to fond of the new cards either...i mean I've given them a chance, but I mainly stick with the old ones. Sometimes I combine the new with the old and have come up with some interesting combos and techniques.

@Jakob95
We thought Mario Kart too...but Nadia sucks at it. If no one wants to do this tournament I'll try mario kart next oe it'll be the 2nd game I have a tournament for.

Who knows..if my tournament hosting gets results and my new job kicks in well I may actually start handing out prizes

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if we do not like the new cards (yeah, I don't like them as well) then let's use WCT 2007 or 2008 instead
biggrin.gif

With Mario Kart DS you can count me in (for YGO, too)

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't say I was doing it...I'm just throwing the idea around...but it seems I will, but I have two questions.
1)would it make yu-gi-oh players at a disadvantage if they used the older cards against a player that used newer ones

2)would it be possible to play yugioh on a DS without a top screen (as I currently have a working DS without one)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Well I didn't say I was doing it...I'm just throwing the idea around...but it seems I will, but I have two questions.
1)would it make yu-gi-oh players at a disadvantage if they used the older cards against a player that used newer ones

2)would it be possible to play yugioh on a DS without a top screen (as I currently have a working DS without one)
1) Yes, new cards are almost always better than the older cards. How else would they make money when releasing new cards?
2) See for yourself:
978594_20091216_screen004.jpg

The top screen also shows card details, so unless you know every card's name and effect by its picture, then no.
Also, you won't be able to see Lifepoints, but this can be easily remedied by counting it yourself via a calculator or by hand.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing that most people are retro-yugioh players, we'll probably end up using an older game (unless I could get enough newer card players and older card players...i could do a tournament for both) but it'll be awhile til we can do this as I have oviously confirmed that I need to get my top screen fixed

I'll put another pool up to see what you guys think...whatever game gives me more contestants

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got use to the new rules (a little bit...) so i think we should do 2010. but it's up to you guys the only reason i want for 2010 is my new deck i made and also only one card is in it. it's not in any other version.
plus the ban list are goofed up also so they keeping changeing so keep that in mind also.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
by the votes it looks like we'll be using 2010....doesn't it come out tomorrw

yes it does and i got my ass OTK by a sychron deck i suggest we change the ban list to limted to ban.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Yu Gi Oh, but wtf, I would love to play a tournament, just tell me which game to downloadn, erhm I mean "buy" then we can play, and also how t he tournament would work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1