Hacking Ys vs Sora no Kiseki Alternative Saga - Translation Project

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The world of Xanadu is in trouble and it will take the help of various other characters from the FALCOM universe of games to save it. This is a standard fighting game featuring characters from games like Ys and the Legend of Heroes games. There is a few guest appearances from other games as well. It features unlock able content and network play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

This is a side project of mine to keep my mind sharp (as it can be) while taking the occasional break from Zero no Kiseki. It doesn't require massive amounts of work but I really could use some help getting the files translated. I have re-dumped the spreadsheets and posted all the standard story mode dialogs. There is a few missing bits of dialog that still need to be narrowed down which file is exactly used. I will post those later on.

Workfiles
Adol Story
Estelle Story
Geis Story
Klose Story
Tita Story

Item Data

Screenshots

2m81i1k.jpg

Last edited by zero_g_monkey,

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. It really is so simple to work on, that almost anybody could do it if they knew how to use a hex editor. I really wish that most of the plain text files were the ones that worked. That would be so easy...

Small update
It seems google was giving me a bad link. Let me know if Adol's Story is editable now to everyone else. I hate when stuff gets messed around with behind the scenes and nobody knows. I promise I did have it set for all to be able to edit when I posted the link. :P

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
iirc, you only need notepad, not even an hex editor xD

It seems even the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII is crazy that way too, it uses txt files, and has proper latin support already.
But the massive script size is the problem there :3 So close, yet so far away... It's unusual for Square Enix, i think they maybe took pity on anyone taking on that game :P

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean DQ7 3DS? Stick with arabic numerals too. It makes things easier.
Anyway, DQ7 3DS will be two years old (since release) in a month. I think a patch can be requested at that time.
We have to try to avoid zero-day patches :)

Reactions: GHANMI

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would jump on a Dragon Quest 7 translation in a heart beat considering that it is my ALL TIME favorite game... except one thing. Last time I took on a game from ENIX, I took a quick lesson in just how good they are with compression. Nasty bunch of stuff to deal with and it was a NES game. I could only imagine what they are capable of these days.

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would jump on a Dragon Quest 7 translation in a heart beat considering that it is my ALL TIME favorite game... except one thing. Last time I took on a game from ENIX, I took a quick lesson in just how good they are with compression. Nasty bunch of stuff to deal with and it was a NES game. I could only imagine what they are capable of these days.
Is this translation ongoing?

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. It's still progressing. Extremely slowly. It could be a fairly quick project but I don't think many people have much interest in seeing it done and I had stopped working on it for quite a few months. Just recently picked at it in the past few weeks.

Basically I got stuck with something and really kicked in to high gear trying to learn python. Getting better and better with that. Should be able to produce some results before to long. Keep in mind it won't be a patch though.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly the translation has completely stalled out. Work on my end is still on going but with no translation going on, there isn't a whole lot for me to work with. I try to translate stuff here and there but I find myself mostly just looking for where I misplaced files I worked on.

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sadly the translation has completely stalled out. Work on my end is still on going but with no translation going on, there isn't a whole lot for me to work with. I try to translate stuff here and there but I find myself mostly just looking for where I misplaced files I worked on.
Get someone to help translate

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the story files and the item spreadsheet in the original post. There was somebody working on it when I first started but they suddenly stopped and progress ended there. If anybody is interested in working on it. There they are. I'd say the item sheet is about 40% done. Mostly just taking the time to fill stuff in there and the occasional random item name that makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: Pablitox and Shinon

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Somebody is translating stuff. I'm not entirely sure who it is but it is getting done! A lot of doors were opened up in the Zero project and this kind of got pushed to the side since it is basically a side project I took on to fill time while waiting on the big show.

Renneli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to work on translation if that's okay. I want to see this patch completed eventually. I translated what was there of both Estelle and Kloe's routes, but I want to do more than this. What is the character limit per text box? Also, is it okay if I sort of edit other translated stuff to make sure that everything is consistent?

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, gl.
You can have up to 63 characters per 1 line, and up to three lines per box.
One can only hope it's enough.
I don't know if 63 characters will fit on the screen, I think the actual number is closer to 60. Extras will overrun the box; it's not a big deal.

You can use more or less lines than were originally used, but only up to three lines per box.

I made copies of everything just now. So go ahead and change whatever.

Do you want a proof of concept or anything?

You just did the first sheet of Estelle's route, there are like 20 sheets in total.

I made a menu patch for this. You can get it over at Heroes of Legend.

Last edited by flame1234,
Reactions: Pablitox

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mp0004t I put it up there for you it's the 2nd sheet.
I'll start with insertion once all of any one series of files is done, let me know.
And we'll do another partial with just that story files inserted.
I can do a new one any time you finish translating all of any one series of files.

Updated 30Jun
22 scripts total for each character:
Adol: 20 scripts done
Estelle: 4 scripts done
Geis: 0 scripts done (poor Geis :( )
Kloe: 1 script done
Tita: 16 scripts done

Demo movie (menu patch):
Also get the patch link on YouTube

Last edited by flame1234,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm finishing the new god Kong movie pretty decent neighbors even complained twice